Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

Fazermint

I like dem vidya gaimes
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It seems to only be this one game, Crisis Core: FFVII, that doesn't work. It loads fine, but nothing happens when I push buttons. Other games run fine afaik. I guess this is where I should use Popsloader?
The home & select buttons are not working at all. Is there any way to assign the functions of those buttons to the ones located left of select (music note icon and rectangle icon)? I never use those...

Edit: running off topic here, think I'll make a new thread to address the issues.

Dariusdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Er, hiya.
I have got my hands on a PHAT PSP and it has an ancient CFW. It runs on 3.52 M33. What is the easiest way to update to a 6.xx firmware?
PS: I have no Pandora and I have a memory stick which runs fine.

Dariusdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Are there any chances of bricking the device? I know it can be unbricked, but I don't own a Pandora, neither do I know someone who owns one. :c

Dariusdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Nope, the update won't start. "The game could not be started. (DADADADA)"
What's up with the DADADADA? o_o
Edit: Should I try Hellcat Recovery to 5.00 OFW then normal 6.60 update?

Dariusdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Er, one problem. When I try flashing, the danger selction doesn't appear, but there is a "flash 1.50 firmware" thingie option. Should I select that and put the 1.50 firmware in the root instead? o:

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't specifically mention it because outside of testing and future upgrades there's no reason to go onto OFW once CFW is installed. "CFW" is simply a modification of the OFW, so it's not like you're losing anything.

Anyways 6.20 PRO's permanent patch lets you boot into an unhacked state by holding Select on boot, 6.60's uses the Home button.

Reactions: 1 person

Dariusdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Great thing that I haven't tried using that option. Well, it started differing by the fact that I only get one warning to accept when I launch the program, besides the different option for normal firmware. Should I try flashing 5.00 m33?

m_kha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thanks guys for replying, I only asked because when I read the changelog for the firmawares between 6.20 and 6.60 everything was "Minor Improvements".
IMO it should've been numbered 6.21 or 6.22, etc. If it was minor updates.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't the difference slightly more game or POPs compatibly?

No. There's no difference except people who can't count as high tend to opt for the one they can enumerate.
Umm...right....Back on topic I don't think there is a big difference between 6.20 and 6.60 for the need to be on 6.60 instead of 6.20 CFW.

whitefinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, I want to start off by thanking Rydian and other posters for this guide and subsequent input. I had no idea what I was getting into with this CFW business, and now it all seems much easier. Now, I have a question...

I just purchased a new PSP Go and it came with firmware 6.35. I want to be able to add a CFW, but I also want access to PSN and the usage of paid downloads from the service. I cannot connect to PSN without 6.60, and since 6.60 is hackable, it seems like I might as well update the OFW to 6.60 and proceed from there. My question is, is there any reason why I wouldn't/shouldn't upgrade the OFW to 6.60 before softmodding?

Thanks all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.