Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

TULOA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity if anyone knows did they come up with a fix to the 6.61 Pro C2 bug where it didnt play PSX games?

Just got able to get another replacement screen and button panel and trying to set it back up and im on a Dark Alex CFW but I wasnt sure what CFW to use that will have full features like my current one does.

D

Deleted User

Just checking:

I got my girlfriend's old PSP (model number PSP-1004, so old euro-PHAT) with firmware version 5.4.

I would like to set temporary CFW on the console. So I guess I should update the firmware, which should not have any problems with my model? The FAQ's here point to firmware version 6.60, but the current from official Sony site is 6.61. Do the CFW here work for 6.61 or should I search for the older 6.60 instead?

Also, is there possibility of bricking my console with the firmware patch or CFW, and if yes, is there a way to recover from it?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Okay, I tried with first updating my PSP-1004 to 6.60 and then updating CFW.

I installed 6.60 without any problems. Update was completed and System Settings now show my version as 6.60. Then I dumped 6.60 PRO (from the first post) to the PSP/GAME/ folder. When I try to run the PROUPDATE, the screen shows PSP logo, then goes black, and finally gives "The game could not be started (80020148)" error. After that I tested with 6.60 PRO-C fix 3.

It worked fine. Until I restarted my PSP, and tried Fast recovery. Which gives me same 80020148 error.

How to avoid the error? Does installing CFW again break anything, if i just run the proupdate again? Should I just run the proupdate and then cipl and go with the permanent hack (provided that cipl does not give me the same error)?

(I am using 16gb microsd with Memory Stick adapter, could that have anything to do with it? The 16gb microsd has worked fine in other use)

Last edited by ,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Okay, I tried with first updating my PSP-1004 to 6.60 and then updating CFW.

I installed 6.60 without any problems. Update was completed and System Settings now show my version as 6.60. Then I dumped 6.60 PRO (from the first post) to the PSP/GAME/ folder. When I try to run the PROUPDATE, the screen shows PSP logo, then goes black, and finally gives "The game could not be started (80020148)" error. After that I tested with 6.60 PRO-C fix 3.

It worked fine. Until I restarted my PSP, and tried Fast recovery. Which gives me same 80020148 error.

How to avoid the error? Does installing CFW again break anything, if i just run the proupdate again? Should I just run the proupdate and then cipl and go with the permanent hack (provided that cipl does not give me the same error)?

(I am using 16gb microsd with Memory Stick adapter, could that have anything to do with it? The 16gb microsd has worked fine in other use)

dont know why alot of as of late is getting this problem 80020148

proupdate and then run permanent hack and you should be good to go.

Mochamad

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey can i ask question here?

My psp 3001 cannot enter sleep mode / suspend mode for some reason, had this prob back then but it got fixed by itself for no reason.. And now it happened again after i took the battery off before shuttin down the psp from sleep mode.. Might be a corrupt firmware? Any help?

Kiel2040

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a 3001 in 6.60 fw and used pro 6.60 b3. Lost my card with the recovery and after a while bought a new one and downloaded again the recovery. I thought I used the same version but no...when I lunch the fast recovery after the psp logo I get a Black screen and a message that a kernel log Will be dumped. After It loads again the menú and I can lunch my games Ok but have no vhs menu and when I press the ps menu no Button works so I have to reset the psp. Any Ideas?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Thank you for this easy to understand guide.

Please can somebody update the link(s) to the GBATemp download archive ?
(@Rydian was last seen:Nov 29, 2017)
I had an little :wacko: facial expression,when i saw the link goes to filetrip....

Someone was so great and nice to save/backup the filetrip files.THANK YOU for beeing so predictive!!!

Thank you for your work.:)

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The guide says I need Psp firmware 5.0 official for Psp 200 so I can remove the old custom firmware and then upgrade to 6 20 but I can't find it anywhere.

Edit:
Chronoswitch Downgrader doesn't work on custom firmware 5.5, all I get is a "corrupted data" file. And because is custom firmware it says I am on firnware 9.9 when I try to upgrade using the official firmware 6 20.

Edit:

Steps

Power on your PSP.

Click the 'SELECT' button.

Go to the USB Device.

Change the Memory Stick to flash 0.

Connect your PSP to your computer.

Click VSH and click the version which is a text file.

The version in the text will be 9.90. Change it to 5.50.

There, now you can update!

Last edited by raxadian,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
i tried to downgrade from 6.60 to 6.20, but i downloaded from 5 different sources and it says:

The update cannot be started.
The data is corrupted.
(IDXFFFFFFFF)

my psp model is: 09g

Hello. :)

I am not 100 percent sure but i think on 07g/09g Models it does not work to downgrade.:(

But if I am wrong you can use the Chronoswitch Downgrader 7.0:
https://gbatemp.net/download/chronoswitch.33897/

Good Luck.:)

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i tried to downgrade from 6.60 to 6.20, but i downloaded from 5 different sources and it says:

The update cannot be started.
The data is corrupted.
(IDXFFFFFFFF)

my psp model is: 09g
You cannot downgrade 09g to 6.20.

Their initial version is 6.39. Be aware that if you do try this out you may brick the PSP permanently.

If you wish to downgrade for the "perma" hack. Just google PSP infinity by Davee instead.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

PedroxBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pedroxthebest-net.webnode.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Sed (Sad is sed in mpz language)
upload_2019-7-20_12-42-33.png

PedroxBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pedroxthebest-net.webnode.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Why you want to downgrade ?
beacuse i'm bored of everytime i turn my PSP on i need to open PRO recovery to play my emulators/games and the 6.60 permanent patch only work on 1000 and 2000 models, i have 3001 and the 6.20 works on every model that downgrade is possible, so i wanted to downgrade my psp for everytime i turn it on, i get all my games opening with 0 problems.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"