Tutorial  Updated

How to SoftMod a Wii and play backup Wii, Gamecube and Wiiware Games

How to SoftMod a Wii to Play Backup Wii, Gamecube and Wiiware Games

(Disclaimer: Stop in your tracks and visit
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modify-any-wii-4-3-below.171901/
It is a MUCH more updated tutorial for Soft-Modding your Wii. )

(If you new to Softmod a Wii this will give you a 100% safe guide from start-to-finish to play Wii Games, Gamecube Games and Wiiware/Virtual Console games from an USB-drive. Im not kidding. In this guide we only use official files to minimize any risks apart from Step 4 . But I can assure I used this guide to softmod my sister's Wii. She can now play Skyward Sword by USB-drive without problem! :) )

Requirements:
*SD Card (no SDHC)
*SD Card reader
*Wii updated to 4.3 (4.3 is latest version, just update your Wii and you be fine)
*Internet Connected Wii
*USB-hdd to store Wii games and Gamecube games
*To play Gamecube games you need this Wii Console and Gamecube Controller
(No Gamecube Memory Card is required if you use NMM)

A short description what each step does
Step 1 - You install Homebrew Channel to install Apps.
Step 2 - Safety Precaution. Backup Wii System (NAND) to your PC.
Step 3 - Safety Precaution. Install Priiloader to prevent disc updates to damage your Wii.
Step 4 - Patch IOS and Install WADs using Two Easy Apps. Install USB Loader GX to Play Wii Games .
Step 5 - Install a d2x Custom IOS to enable New Wii Games. Install DiosMios to Play Gamecube Games.
(Spoilers Window) Add 'n Play Wii/Gamecube Games + Update USB Loader GX (req for Gamecube games)
Step 6 - emulate Wii System (NAND) on USB-hdd making Add WiiWare/VC Games near impossible to damage your Wii .

1. Install Homebrew Channel

Follow HighTeckMans instructions in video :

2. Backup Wii NAND (to restore your Wii if anything goes wrong)

Important! Make sure SD-card has more then 700mb free space
Important! Make sure your Wii has more then 700 blocks open. To Check: Turn on your Wii. Goto Wii Options - Data Management - Save Data - Wii. In 'Blocks Open:' there should stand 700 or higher. Then Return to Wii Menu. Press Back 4 times.
Follow S Winegars instructions in video :
- In BootMii use the Power button to cycle through options in the menu, and Reset to select.

1. When Wii NAND is backed-up using Project Phoenix Medias video guide. Shutdown Wii. Remove SD-card from Wii and put SD-card into Computer.
2. Open SD:\ and check that you have two following files 'NAND.BIN' and 'KEYS.BIN'. Copy these two files into a safe location on your Computer. My tips is to save them into a usb-stick or Dropbox if your Computer crash.
3. Once you saved the two files 'NAND.BIN' and 'KEYS.BIN' you should remove them from SD-card (NAND.BIN takes 500mb)
4. Done! :)

3. Install Priiloader (regionfree games and stop updates)

1. Plug SD-card into Computer
2. Download Priiloader_v0_7.zip . Unzip and Put it into your SD Card. (SD:\)
3. Download hacks_hash.ini - Scroll down to 'Pre-compiled Hacks download' , right-click, save link as, and save into SD:/apps/Priiloader/ .
4. Remove SD-card from Computer and plug into Wii . Turn on your Wii. Launch Homebrew Channel. Then launch Priiloader.
5. Press A to Install
6. Once Priiloader is installed shut down the Wii (Sometimes you Wii freezes after Priiloader installation. Its totally normal. Just re-start your Wii with reset and after Wi Menu appears shut down the Wii)

(configure Priiloader)
1. Press the "Power" button while holding down the "Reset" button on your Wii until the Priiloader menu is displayed on your screen.
2. In Priiloader select "System Menu Hacks". These are the following 7 hacks I suggest you select: 'Region free EVERYTHING', 'Block Disc Updates', 'Remove NoCopy Save File Protection', 'Block Online Updates', 'Remove Diagnostic Disc Check', 'Move Disc Channel', 'Auto Press 'A' at health screen'. Select Save Settings when Done.
3. To Exit Priiloader select System Menu

A video how to configure Priiloader can be found here :

PS: By having Priiloader you prevent disc updates that can damage Homebrew.

4. Install USB Loader and Custom ISO

Follow HighTeckMans instructions in video - Zip-file from Youtube video Required :

Important! Skip 10:00 - 13:00 in the video. We will not use Wbfs Manager instead we use WiiBackupManager to add Wii games, explained in Part 5 - spoiler windows - Play Wii/Gamecube games from USB-hdd.

5. Play Newer Wii Games, Gamecube games and Install USB Loader GX

Follow Aces instructions in video - Zip-file from Youtube video Required :

Important: At 3:30 in Video (WiiMod) make sure in 'Wii Mod' to install IOS249[56]-d2x9b47.wad before you install DIOSMIOS. After you installed IOS249-d2x goto Main Menu of 'Wii Mod' and select 'Change IOS' and pick 249 . Look in Main Menu right corner it should stand 'Current IOS: 249 . You want to install DIOSMIOS to IOS 249 as you will be playing your gamecube games and wii games from 249.

*After you installed cIOS249-d2x and changed IOS to 249. Continue with Video instructions :)

How to Update USB Loader GX, Backup Wii/Gamecube Games and Play Wii/Gamecube games from SD-card and USB-device. Also use NNM and compability list for gamecube games. Press Spoilers Inside.

Update USB Loader GX to latest version
*Required to play Gamecube games.
1. Plug SD-card into Computer
2. Open DMLizard type 2 and 2 then s to download USB Loader GX . Once downloaded type 0 then 0 to Exit DMLizard . Copy dmlizard\copy-to-sd\apps\usbloader_gx\ to SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\ - overwrite current files
3. Remove SD-card from Computer and plug into Wii

Play Wii/Gamecube games from USB-hdd
1. Format your USB to FAT32 with cluster size 32KB using FAT32 Format. Download to Desktop and Run. Select Drive and '32768' as Allocation unit Size. Choice a Volume Label, Mark Quick Format and Start the Format Progress. Like this - http://i.imgur.com/E6CXvPP.png
2. To Play Gamecube Games - Create a folder 'games' inside the FAT32 HDD. Download and Open DMToolbox v.0.3 (Windows XP version) (Works with Windows 7). Click 'black folder' in Gamecube ISO: and select your GameCube ISO file . Click 'yellow folder' in Output dir: and choose any folder (i.e. Desktop) . Finally Press Install . After installation is complete, in Desktop move the GAMEID folder to USB:\games\ .
3. To Play Wii Games - Download and Open WiiBackupManager . Click 'Drive 1' and select USB-drive from 'inactive' . Click 'Files' - 'Add - Files' and select your Wii ISO file(s) . Lastly Click 'Transfer - Drive 1' to put all Wii ISO file(s) into your USB-drive .
4. Remove USB-drive from Computer and plug into Wii . Also plug in Gamecube controller and Gamecube Memory Card in Wii .
5. Turn on your Wii. Launch USB Loader GX . Press this icon (Loader Mode) !! ( http://i.imgur.com/ioqV74i.png ) . Select Wii Games and GC Games .
6 Done! :)

Backup Wii/GameCube Disc
1. Plug USB-drive into Wii . Start Wii . Launch USB Loader GX .
2. Put a Wii/Gamecube Disc into the Wii . Wait then click 'Install' and 'OK' .
3. When installation is done. You can click the newly added game to get its boxart .
4. Remove your Wii/Gamecube Disc from the Wii.
5. Done! :)

Play Gamecube games from SD-card
1. Plug SD-card into Computer .
2. Add your GameCube ISO file(s) to SD:\games\
3. Open DMLizard type 1 then 2 to download DIOS MIOS Lite . Once downloaded type 0 then 0 to Exit DMLizard . Copy files from dmlizard\copy-to-sd\wad\ to SD:\wad\ .
4. Remove SD-card from Computer and plug into Wii . Also put in Gamecube controller and Gamecube Memory Card in Wii .
5. Turn on your Wii. Launch Homebrew Channel. Then launch Wii Mod .
6. Goto WAD Manager . And install two WAD files 'DIOSMIOSLite_v2.10.wad' and 'RVL-BC-v6.wad' . Close Wii Mod after installation.
7. Launch USB Loader GX . Press this icon (Loader Mode) !! ( http://i.imgur.com/ioqV74i.png ) . Select GC Games . Start your GameCube Game .

NNM - No More Memory Cards
NNM is an alternative saving method for gamecube games. You simply don't need a Gamecube Memory Card anymore. You enable NNM in 'Settings' inside USB Loader GX. With NNM enabled your saves for gamecube games are stored in the Wii, not a memory Card.

DIOS MIOS Compatibility List for Gamecube games
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List

Alt to DIOSMIOS (Devolution) req Retail Discs
Devolution is an alternative method to DIOSMIOS with higher compability but needs an retail Discs of current game in order to play.
1. Plug SD-card into Computer. Goto http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/ and download Devo_src package on first the first post.
2. Open Zip-file and put "/gc_devo/" folder into SD:/apps/ .
3. Remove SD-card from Computer and plug into Wi.
4. Launch USB Loader GX and go to Settings > User Paths > DEVO Loader path : Set the folder to " SD:/Apps/gc_devo/data/ " .
5. Lastly, either in global settings (for ALL gamecube games) or in the individuel game settings . Set "GameCube Mode to "Devolution" instead of "MIOS".

Launch the Game, it will flash the Wii light until yor ISO is verified. Put your retail disc to vertify the backup, then play the game. (Cyans words _ Developer of USB Loader GX)

DIOS MIOS Formula
Install DIOSMIOS_v2.11.wad and RVL-BC-v6.wad to Play Gamecube games from USB
Install DIOSMIOSLite_v2.11.wad and RVL-BC-v6.wad to Play Gamecube games from SD-card
Install RVL-mios-v10.wad to remove DIOSMIOS and use Gamecube Disc as normal
6. Install emuNAND to play Wiiware/VC games

A. Important! Make sure SD-card has more then 600mb free space
B. Plug SD-card into Computer . Make a folder in SD-card called 'GxEmunand' like SD:\GxEmunand\ .
C. Remove SD-card from Computer and plug into Wii . Turn on your Wii. Launch USB Loader GX.

(Check emuNAND paths and create EmuNAND on SD-card)
A. In USB Loader GX goto Settings - Custom Paths
B. Change 'Nand Emu Path' and 'Nand Emu Channel Path' to SD:\GxEmunand\ (just press A and (..) folder-icon to go back and choose that one.)
C. Make Sure 'Loader Settings' - Boot/Standard is 249 or change to 249. Then in Loader Settings set 'Nand Chan Emulation' to 'Full'.
D. Go USB Loader GX - Settings - Features and press 'Dump NAND to EmuNand' . Wait a serious long time until complete.. (grab a sandwhich) . Once dump NAND is complete - Shutdown Wii

(use emuNAND on Computer)
A. Plug SD-card into Computer
B. Download and install ShowMiiWads on your PC from http://code.google.com/p/showmiiwads/downloads/list
C. Unrar into C:\wii\showmii\ and open ShowMiiWads.exe
D. Press 'Options' - 'Change NAND Backup Path' to SD:\GxEmunand\
E. Press 'View' - 'ShowMiiNand'
F. Press 'Tools' - 'Create Common Key'

How to Backup, Install and Play Wiiware games and also use emuNAND on USB. Press Spoilers inside.

To Backup your Wiiware/VC games
In ShowMiiWads - select the file called 'Channel Title' - games name' , then right-click , pack wad, and choose a suitable location , like C:\wii\showmii\backed-games\ , press OK.

To Install a backed-up Wiiware/VC game
Right-click in ShowMiiWads - 'Install' - 'File' - select game-wad file.

To Play a backed-up Wiiware/VC game
A. Remove SD-card from Computer and plug into Wii . Turn on your Wii. Launch USB Loader GX.
B. Press this icon (Loader Mode) !! ( http://i.imgur.com/ioqV74i.png )
C. Select only EmuNAND Channels

(If you have invisible channels using USB Loader GX - Loader Mode - EmuNand Channels. You can remove them by following step. Press A on them to go into animation mode. Press Settings (NOT START). Uninstall Menu. Uninstall Game. GAME ONLY. - Do this for all invisible channels and you will have only your games showing.)

To use emuNAND on USB-drive (FAT32)
A. Plug SD-card and USB-drive into Computer
B. Move SD:\GxEmunand\ folder to USB:\GxEmunand\
C. Open ShowMiiWads.exe and Options - 'Change NAND Backup path' to USB:\GxEmunand\ .
D. Remove SD-card from Computer and plug USB and SD-card into Wii . Turn on your Wii. Launch USB Loader GX
E. In USB Loader GX go Settings - Custom Paths
F. Change 'Nand Emu Path' and 'Nand Emu Channel Path' to USB:\GxEmunand\ (just press A and (..) folder-icon to go back and choose that one.)
G. Press Back and return to USB Loader GX
H. Done! :)

Error using Wiiware through EmuNAND?
PS: Just so you know - I tried it myself. If you WiiWare wasn't working through emuNAND. Look in USBLoader GX - Settings - Credits, if your using the 'cIOS249-d2x-v10-beta52' it will not work! Go ahead and install IOS249[56]-d2x9b47.wad using Step 5 in this guide. Then Wiiware works. :)

Fix Blackscreen with VC in emuNAND
Happens when playing USA games with a European Wii. Open selected VC game - 'Settings' - 'Loader Settings'in 'Video Patch 'select Force NTFC. Press Save. Now it should work. :)

Use cheats (Ocarnia) in Wiiware/VC games
Unfortunely I can't get Ocarnia working with Wiiware/VC games in USB Loader GX. So an alternate solution is to use the App '....tbc

The benefit of emuNAND
WAD installation happens on Computer therefore there is NONE TO LESS risk of Brick your Wii. If you wish to play Wiiware/VC games emuNAND is your solution. period.

Extras

Step by step guide how to fix a semibricked Wii

http://gbatemp.net/threads/step-by-step-guide-for-bootmii-nand-wii-backup-restore.176877/
(Don't use this guide if your Wii works fine)

Install WiiFlow

Video overview of WiiFlow features:

A. Plug SD-card into Computer
B. Download WiiFlow v4.2.zip and WiiFlow_Channel_Installer_v1.1.zip from http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list . Open both zip-file and move folder 'apps' to SD:\
C. Remove SD-card from Computer and plug into Wii . Turn on your Wii. Launch Homebrew Channel. Then launch WiiFlow Channel Installer. And install it!
D. Done! :)

Install WiiSX (Play Playstation1 Games)

Follow FeuerfaustGolDAces instructions in video - Zip-file from site Required:

How to Fix Nintendo Wii Black Screen
(Happens when you install incorrect theme)

Follow MicrowaveSams instructions in video :

How to fix Black and White Screen on Wii games
(Happens when you Play "PAL" European or Japanese games and they're black and white and not in colors which they supposed to be)

Follow YourGadgetSolutions instructions in video :

Install Homebrew Browser (install apps without computer!)

Follow iHackUrWiis instructions in video :

Last edited by somewhereovertherainbow,

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its comes down to money. SDHC works sometimes but SD works all time.

When you install pirated firmware and updates on your WIi, do you want to
use the safe option or take a risk?

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a 2GB standard SD to do my initial mod using Modmii. I believe you have to have a certain system menu & above to use the SDHC (maybe 4.2+). After I modded I was on 4.3U and started using a 32GB SDHC without problems.

Not sure if the 64GB SDHC works or not, but I'd like to know myself if anyone is using a 64BG (or larger) SDHC and is able to use it's full capacity?

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could be right ca032769. I heard that SDHC can be used on Wii 4.2+ and 4.3.
But its during the installation of the cIOS and patches that makes everything works, that takes little while
to finish and

-- ignore that--

But yeah, during the installation of cIOS and d2x i would recommend to use SD (the critical part) of the Wii Softmoddin'

after that You could use a SDHC for apps and such stuff.

ztien

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi stephaniie, i got an old wii v2.0u i want/like to update it, and make a softmodding. my problem is that the only CD Game i have is "SONIC and the Secret of the Ring" can you help me to make it possible to update without buying a new CD of WII Games products? by the way i only get this and i dont have any knowledge but i'm willing to learn.

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi stephaniie, i got an old wii v2.0u i want/like to update it, and make a softmodding. my problem is that the only CD Game i have is "SONIC and the Secret of the Ring" can you help me to make it possible to update without buying a new CD of WII Games products? by the way i only get this and i dont have any knowledge but i'm willing to learn.
Hey, :)

If you have a WII U this isn't the right site. There's alot of nice sites on how to softmod Wii U'a in http://gbatemp.net/forums/wii-u-hacking-homebrew.248/

brandon199019

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I was wondering if this process is applicable with the new Wii Mini models? I had heard somewhere it might not be compatible with the modding tools (due to lack of SD card slot?)

aldoussnow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you update to 4.3 you would have to pick one of the listed games. The reason they are listed is each one contains an exploit that allows you to dump the nand and flash. Given all these games are several years old I'm sure you can find one for cheap. Lego Indiana Jones is possibly your best bet and the in game navigation to enable the exploit is easy to achieve. There isn't an option to run a game not on the list to initiate the flash.

* There is also a disc-less exploit you can attempt called letterbomb. I haven't watched the intro guide setup here but, most likely the majority of the steps will be the same. Google wii 4.3 letterbomb and you should be able to find the necessary downloads and instructions.

aldoussnow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering if this process is applicable with the new Wii Mini models? I had heard somewhere it might not be compatible with the modding tools (due to lack of SD card slot?)

I don't personally have experience with the mini but, if it does not contain a SD card slot I highly doubt it's possible. The SD slot is needed to load/initiate the exploits. I have modded several wiis in the past but, it's been several years since my last. Unless something has changed the SD card is required. After the flash you can load from USB but, it still requires the root applications to be on a SD card loaded into the console to point them in the correct direction. USB ports are restricted where the sd card slot isnt as its meant to be a way to save and load game info for extra storage. The way around this after flash is USB loader (or whatever loader you prefer to use) is able to access and read from those ports.

shaokahn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I followed the tutorial and I am trying to play a Wiiware game Pokemon rumble. It works good, but sometimes (randomly) after going into a new area the wii will either freeze at a black screen or give me a error message saying the game files are corrupt and that I should delete the game in the "data management" option and then re-download the game from the wii shop. I tried two wads the NTSC version and the NTSC-J version and both still give me that error.
Sometimes I can play for an hour before the error happens and sometimes only 10 minutes.
I am using USB Loader GX v 3.0 IOS249 (Rev. 65535) (d2x v9beta(r47) base56) according to the information in the "Credits"

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shaokahn : I got the same problem with a quiz wiiware game.
I solve it by installing the wiiware directly to the Wii Menu through Homebrew Channel - WiiMod

- like in step5 when You installed the d2x file .

The Game will show up in the Wii Menu .

a Tip : If you CAN install a certain wiiware game through PC (ShowmiiWads) its very likely the game file (wad)
can be installed through Wii Mod as well.

Skarphedinn

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, guys. I have used this guide to mod three Wiis so far, and everything on the Wii side works great on all of them. However, I do have a crazy issue with an HDD that I hope you might be able to help me with.

So, thing is: On my own Wii I have a WD Elements 500 GB (the USB 3 version) and it works perfectly, so I thought 'Hey, why don't I buy another one for my brother's Wii,' and so I did. It is -as far as I can tell- an identical drive, but for some obscure reason GameCube games do not launch properly. Wii games work. I plug my own HDD into the Wii, everything works fine. I plug the new HDD into the Wii, and GC games still show up, but when I try to launch it goes to black screen and the HDD stops blinking (which I understand means that there is no data being read). I've formatted it to FAT32 with 32kb clusters (using guiformat.exe. I also did a full format once, just to see if zeroing everything would help...), and I've used EaseUS partition master to look up its properties and confirm it has been properly formatted, as well as set it to active (not sure if that's required, though, but the other one is active, so what the heck). I even tried the duplicate HDD function in EaseUS partition master, but all this seems to do is copy all the files. As far as I can tell, the drives are identical in every way - but one works and the other does not. Clearly I have missed something, but what could it be and how can I discover what it is? If anyone have experienced anything like this or have any idea how I might proceed, I will be very grateful.

deesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'v been fighting with this for a few hours now -- I'm getting the "You need to install an additional GameCube loader or select a different GameCube mode" message whenever I try to launch a game from a FAT32 partition. The loader (latest version) sees the games fine but won't launch. Settings-> Credits shows "Rev1233 IOS249 (Rev 21010) +AHB (d2x v10beta52 base56). 249 is selected as the system and game IOS. This is actually the same problem I was seeing before I re-installed the d2x IOS, and was hoping the IOS would help, but it didn't. Choosing a different launcher mode (Nintendont or Devolution) also fails but with other messages. I installed 5 GC games on the partition using DMToolbox to extract the ISOs, and everything seemed fine, but all 5 games give the same message.

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'v been fighting with this for a few hours now -- I'm getting the "You need to install an additional GameCube loader or select a different GameCube mode" message whenever I try to launch a game from a FAT32 partition. The loader (latest version) sees the games fine but won't launch. Settings-> Credits shows "Rev1233 IOS249 (Rev 21010) +AHB (d2x v10beta52 base56). 249 is selected as the system and game IOS. This is actually the same problem I was seeing before I re-installed the d2x IOS, and was hoping the IOS would help, but it didn't. Choosing a different launcher mode (Nintendont or Devolution) also fails but with other messages. I installed 5 GC games on the partition using DMToolbox to extract the ISOs, and everything seemed fine, but all 5 games give the same message.

raene111 says:
Problem is now SOLVED! All you need to do is have the latest version of Nintendont + the latest version of USB Loader GX (check the Nintendont thread for it)

Thanks Cyan!

For DiosMios : check in usb loader gx - settings - credits if diosmios stand there and what version is it.

deesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi stephaniie,
raene111 says:
Problem is now SOLVED! All you need to do is have the latest version of Nintendont + the latest version of USB Loader GX (check the Nintendont thread for it)

Thanks Cyan!

For DiosMios : check in usb loader gx - settings - credits if diosmios stand there and what version is it.

I had installed DiosMios but it doesnt show in the loader credits (above); maybe I messed something up. Also had the latest version of Nintendont I could find. Since I'm kind of stuck, maybe I'll try to get GC working through WiiFlow? Not sure what to do yet. Anyway, thanks for your help.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does this guide have the user install d2x cios v9 when v8 is compatible with more different usb hdd brands? For me v9 doesn't recognize my seagate usb hdd, I'm sure that it don't work well for others as well. d2x cios v10 b52 would be an alternative update to d2x cios v8.

Tariq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually need your guidance. First of all, I have been seeing your post and you are awesome and apparently wii guru. Frankly speaking, I am not a gaming person so please apologize me in advance if I am not using any “gaming language/terminology”, I have this wii for my 7 and 5 years old and I am trying to come up with a solution so they could play wii and game cube games from hard disk rather than CD's, I downloaded couple of gamecube games ISO from net. And I have few games CD’s as well.I checked a video from high techman on you tube and followed and went through the process. I was able to make copies of my wii and gamecube games through USB loader GX however, when I click on gamecube game it restarts my wii. This is only happening with gamecube game. Initially I used WBFS manager to format my 500 GB external hard drive as advised by techman in the video.

Later on, I reformatted to FAT-32 after seeing various post online and made copy of game cube CD by using USB loader GX but still having the similar issue. Please help.

I have confusion about HDD, I have 500 Hard disk and made two FAT-32 partitions.I don’t know how to transfer these ISO files on that and how to use this hard disk for wii and gamecube games. I know these questions would sound stupid, like I mentioned this is totally something new for me. I would truly appreciate if you or someone could help and guide me.

Thanks,

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a solution.

To play gamecube games from USB you need - diosmios - .

To install diosmios look up my guide and step 5, i explain there how to get use wiimod and install cios249 and diosmios .
Diosmios is found on dmlizard , shown in video for step5.

HOWEvER - if you have orginal gamecube games. Diosmios isnt the only option...But Devolution .

https://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/

Devolution ask you to put your orginal gc disc in once, and then never again. Its a perfect solution for gamecube lovers who wants too use USB and not Discs.

scooter1376

Trophies
XP
Country
hi Stephaniie

first of thnx for the step by step i have a few ??

1. can i use a micro sd just as long as its a normal sd?
2. do i keep the files on the sd from when i install HBC when i continue or do i delete them?

best regards

scooter1376 (aka mathias)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol