Hardware How to skip the 3D check on a O3DS?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when i had the CTRtransfer.bin installed on my 2DS, it just brought me back to the home menu... aany help?
Did you manually delete all the o2DS files found on [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND, mount the ctrtransfer.bin image, copy + paste those files into that drive, and do CMAC calculations?

If you're doing something like:
  • GodMode9 → 0:/.../ctrtransfer.binCTRNAND options... → Transfer image to CTRNAND → etc.
, all this does is replace and repair missing/corrupt files while leaving alone the o2DS private data.

TheVideoEffect

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you manually delete all the o2DS files found on [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND, mount the ctrtransfer.bin image, copy + paste those files into that drive, and do CMAC calculations?

If you're doing something like:
  • GodMode9 → 0:/.../ctrtransfer.binCTRNAND options... → Transfer image to CTRNAND → etc.
, all this does is replace and repair missing/corrupt files while leaving alone the o2DS private data.
So on my 3DS, I should back up CTRNAND, TWLN, and TWLP, and then delete all the files in the CTR, TWLN, and TWLP, and then mount the .bin file?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on my 3DS, I should back up CTRNAND, TWLN, and TWLP, and then delete all the files in the CTR, TWLN, and TWLP, and then mount the .bin file?
I'm getting the impression you haven't read or understood that Very Bad Tutorial previously mentioned in post #19. I suggest you stop what you're doing and continue no Further until you really know how to use GodMode9's more advanced features and learn what this NAND image swapping really entails.

One of the biggest missteps you can make is permanently deleting the private data found on your o3DS or o2DS without a SysNAND *.bin image to restore them.

Those questions you're asking means you're not ready to perform this double edge repair mod.

Edit - I'll be AFTK for while. Gotta help my niece with mathz homework.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

TheVideoEffect

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I didnt see that, but now that I've completed that, and I try to dump the CTRtransfer.bin, it says CTRNAND is fragmented or corrupt in Decrypt9wip..

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I didnt see that, but now that I've completed that, and I try to dump the CTRtransfer.bin, it says CTRNAND is fragmented or corrupt in Decrypt9wip..
Even though that program is discontinued, the ones found on the official GitHub release page are outdated version. Use the Decrypt9WIP found at https://d0k3.secretalgorithm.com/.

Better yet, go with GodMode9 in dumping the o3DS CTRTransfer *.bin image.

And yes, I have backups on both systems
Verify your SysNAND *.bin images for both o3DS and o2DS are clean dumps. With the *.sha files in the same directory as their *.bin counterparts,
  • GodMode9 → 0:/.../######_XX########_sysnand_000.binNAND image options... → Verify file.
    • You want, NAND validation success
  • ######_XX########_sysnand_000.bin → Calculate SHA-256.
    • You want, SHA verification: passed!
Make copies of the *.bin and *.sha and put those on your computer for extra safety.

What you're doing is like vertical deep cave diving. An industrial strength cord is all that links you between the abyss to the surface world.
Those SysNAND images = that cord. You don't want snags or frayed threads for the one thing that's your only means back up, do you?

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry, kind of forgot about this thread until I saw it in the recent discussions just now.
I don't think you need to do a full CTRNAND transfer. There is a flag in a file somewhere that tells the system the initial setup has been completed, in theory you should just need to transfer that one file from a working system.

Edit: Try this
Instructions
  1. Load GodMode9 on the working console from ntrboot/B9S
  2. From the root GodMode9 menu, navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND -> data -> {a folder with random numbers} -> sysdata -> 00010017
  3. Select 00000000, then select Copy to 0:/gm9/out
  4. Press START+R to power off the 3DS and copy this file to the SD card in the bricked console
  5. Load GodMode9 on the bricked console
  6. Navigate to [0: ] SDCARD and find the file you copied
  7. Press Y on the file to copy it
  8. Back out until you are back at the main screen and again navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND -> data -> {a folder with random numbers} -> sysdata -> 00010017
  9. Press Y again to paste and unlock writing according to the onscreen instructions, relock when done
  10. Press START to reboot
That file is the system config savedata, and should hopefully allow you to skip the initial setup. The settings from the working 3DS will be copied onto the bricked one. Everything else will be left as is.
From looking at how 2DSaver works, that should be enough to get the console working.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

TheVideoEffect

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though that program is discontinued, the ones found on the official GitHub release page are outdated version. Use the Decrypt9WIP found at https://d0k3.secretalgorithm.com/.

Better yet, go with GodMode9 in dumping the o3DS CTRTransfer *.bin image.

Verify your SysNAND *.bin images for both o3DS and o2DS are clean dumps. With the *.sha files in the same directory as their *.bin counterparts,
  • GodMode9 → 0:/.../######_XX########_sysnand_000.binNAND image options... → Verify file.
    • You want, NAND validation success
  • ######_XX########_sysnand_000.bin → Calculate SHA-256.
    • You want, SHA verification: passed!
Make copies of the *.bin and *.sha and put those on your computer for extra safety.

What you're doing is like vertical deep cave diving. An industrial strength cord is all that links you between the abyss to the surface world.
Those SysNAND images = that cord. You don't want snags or frayed threads for the one thing that's your only means back up, do you?
Dude, thank you so much. My 3DS is fixed now. Also thank you to everyone who commented on this thread :) :yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds:
BTW i have all these consoles::yay3ds::yaywii::yayu::yayswitch::yayps3::yayone::psp:

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@The Real Jdbye,

I backed up my SysNAND, renamed my Nintendo 3DS folder, performed Format System Memory, and simulated trying to create a new profile with the 3D slider switch kept off.
Next, I inserted my n3DSXL micro SD card into the n3DS, booted GodMode9, and 1:/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010017/00000000Copy to gm9/out.
Then, I reinserted that SD card back into the n3DSXL and cut & paste overwriting the 00000000. There was one additional step I had to do: Calculate CMAC.

The n3DSXL booted to HOME Menu as your method intended. :)
One other correction was to adjust the System Settings → Profile. Her User Name, Birthday, and Region was copied.
No idea if the NNID would have transferred over. I don't think or can't remember if I ever made or linked a NNID on the n3DS.

R.I.P i hope she gets it back.
When her grades improve, she will. I would very much like to continue where we left off playing 3D Streets of Rage 2 whacking thugs and hookers with steel pipes. :D
I have a nephew I plan to give an o2DS to some day when he's a little older. Got some family fun times in the works with Mario Kart 7. No beating up bad guys and gals with him yet. :rofl2:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@The Real Jdbye,

I backed up my SysNAND, renamed my Nintendo 3DS folder, performed Format System Memory, and simulated trying to create a new profile with the 3D slider switch kept off.
Next, I inserted my n3DSXL micro SD card into the n3DS, booted GodMode9, and 1:/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010017/00000000Copy to gm9/out.
Then, I reinserted that SD card back into the n3DSXL and cut & paste overwriting the 00000000. There was one additional step I had to do: Calculate CMAC.

The n3DSXL booted to HOME Menu as your method intended. :)
One other correction was to adjust the System Settings → Profile. Her User Name, Birthday, and Region was copied.
No idea if the NNID would have transferred over. I don't think or can't remember if I ever made or linked a NNID on the n3DS.

When her grades improve, she will. I would very much like to continue where we left off playing 3D Streets of Rage 2 whacking thugs and hookers with steel pipes. :D
I have a nephew I plan to give an o2DS to some day when he's a little older. Got some family fun times in the works with Mario Kart 7. No beating up bad guys and gals with him yet. :rofl2:
NNID is stored separately, so it won't be transferred.
Also good tip with the CMAC, what exactly are the steps for doing that? I was thinking of posting the method in the 2DSaver thread so it would be useful to know the exact steps :)
I didn't think it would be necessary, isn't save data in NAND just stored in plaintext without any encryption or verification?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NNID is stored separately, so it won't be transferred.
Also good tip with the CMAC, what exactly are the steps for doing that? I was thinking of posting the method in the 2DSaver thread so it would be useful to know the exact steps :)
I didn't think it would be necessary, isn't save data in NAND just stored in plaintext without any encryption or verification?
When you inject certain NAND files from a different 3DS, their hashes need to be corrected. This CMAC is the basis of what makes CTRTransfer, System Transfer, Lazarus3DS, and related NAND image swapping possible. Not doing this will cause the 3DS to boot with an ARM9 error.
To verify and fix CMACs in GodMode9,
  • Individually - (Ex: ticket.db), press (A) on the file. The option Calculate CMAC should appear.
  • The entire [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND - while highlighting white, hold (R)-shoulder and press (A), Fix CMACs for drive.
    • This option will catch everything.
Despite messing around NAND stuff a lot, I never studied or explored the 1:/data/... directory in-depth. I don't know what each of those individual data title ids refer to. LOL.
The only thing I remember was that system titles like AR Games and Face Raider put their save data there. The file & folder structure of those NAND titles are different than those of SD titles.
Since you're reading, have you recently heard about installing SD titles on the NAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0