How to setup a web browser exploit site?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BullyWiiPlaza, Aug 3, 2014.

1. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    I downloaded the source code from here:
    https://bitbucket.org/Marionumber1/wiiu-userspace/src

What are the steps for building a simple website containing the web browser exploit if I already own a web space? I need an "index.html" file.

Note:
    I read the readme and installed all tools.

Using the ./build.sh command like described gives me this:
    Code:
    ./build.sh hello.c 500
    0+1 records in
    0+1 records out
    224 bytes (224 B) copied, 0 seconds, Infinity B/s
    C:\devkitPro\devkitPPC\bin\powerpc-eabi-ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 01800000
    ./build.sh: ./generate_html.py: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: Permission denied
    Is there something I'm missing? It looks like an error.

A "code.bin", "hello.o" and "stack500.bin" files in the "build" folder as well as the "test500.html" file in the root folder are created/ updated. The latter stays completely empty.

How am I supposed to compile a C code example like "hello.c" in order to generate files for my webspace? The "template.html" file in the "build" folder requires the {{ stack}} and {{ code }} parts to be replaced like Tgames did. In my case, nothing happened to it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)

2. zecoxao

zecoxao GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2013
    what i did was to configure cygwin's python and instead of defining python for windows in the PATH of the build script, i defined cygwin's binaries path. then i installed devkitPPC and ran the script. it went fine without errors (yours seems to have one because of the interpreter). then i installed xampp and set up the two html pages in c:/xampp/htdocs and portforwarded port 80 (port 80 is enough, no need for 443) from my computer. then i asked my friends to test. and it worked :) (i don't have a wii u)

3. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    I think that my Cygwin installation had default packages only (now installing all available ones) but I had a regular python installation on my Windows 64 machine.
    I'll see if it works then, thanks for your suggestions!

4. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P
  5. Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2014
    If you have python 2.x installed, its a breeze. Run you build script for your browser exploit. Once its built, in a cmd shell navigate to that directory and run:

python -m SimpleHTTPServer

It starts a webserver listening on port 8000 in whatever directory its called in. Change the name of your exploit to index.html, turn your firewall off and navigate there using your browser. In my case, I just navigate to 10.0.0.4:8000, and the exploit and code launch with no issues.

*EDIT*

Re-read your post, If you're running this from a windows environment, make sure that you are running your console with administrative permissions. It looks like you have a permissions issue.

*EDIT*

In Python 3.x the command is:

python -m http.server

grants the same functionality.

6. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

Nov 3, 2013
    United States
    I'm lazy and I just throw mine on dropbox to host. I think newer dropbox accounts don't let you link directly to files, though.

7. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yeah, you're doing it correctly, but you need to be running the cygwin terminal as an admin (as Onion_Knight pointed out). Then it'll generate a testXXX.html file in the folder where the script is (XXX being the version)

8. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    I got it working now by internally installing Python in Cygwin.
    Since I installed all possible packages (25 GB like a mad man!) I can't tell if any others need to be selected too.

[​IMG]

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  9. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    All I had to install was the default programs and I had python installed as it's own thing irrelevant of cygwin and it worked like a charm.

10. Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2014
    I'm not using Cygwin, instead I'm using the Ming build included from DevKitPro and python from my standard windows load.