How to scrub a Wii game??

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by technom8t, Nov 11, 2009.

Nov 11, 2009

How to scrub a Wii game?? by technom8t at 8:57 PM (24,040 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. technom8t
    OP

Member technom8t GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok so i know how to scrub a Wii game using wii scruber, thats not the problem, but how do i really scrub a wii game to get it to the size of the currently released scrubed version of NSMB? under 500 MB??

Thanks in advance

Tech

2. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Converting the ISO to cISO? I don't know if there's a "trimmer" or some tools that do what you want...

3. technom8t
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm not so sure there is such a thing as a CISO, are you maybe getting confused with a CIOS?? It's the actual disc image ( .ISO FILE ) that im looking to trim right down, thanks for the reply though :-)

4. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Nope. "cISO" stands for "compressed ISO". It is compatible with most of the WBFS Managers used for save game images into USB drives. The only difference with the original files (ISO's) is that the dummy was deleted from them. Obviously, you can't burn them directly to a DVD-R. They're, basically, a way of saving space on your PC, if you have too many ISO's on it, [​IMG].

5. technom8t
    OP

United Kingdom
    i wasn't aware of that, sorry for douting you LOL, you learn a new thing every day. I will try googling some info on compressed ISO's to see what i can find out, thanks againg for the reply, hopefully maybe someone will know the name of the prog i require, as i am trying to do exactly what you suggested, and compress my ISO's for my USB stick....

6. sr_corsario

Member sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Spain

All of this is correct.

Moreover... there are a tool wbfs 1.5 that convert iso's to wbfs format... then when you convert that wbfs file into iso, it can trim the file with used space...

Firts of all, before all of this... you have to scrub, shrink and suffel partitions with wiiscrubber 1.4, after that you can proced with "wbfs file 1.5"

The final iso file will be compatible with wiiscrubber and moreover you will be able to record directlly into a disc (in the actuallity is a waist of time and laser effort of your dvd reader record a disc...).

cISO's and trimed wiiscrubbed files will not work if you try to open with wiiscrubber.

Well... and all of this process could be done agessss ago xD by hand [​IMG]

Sr Corsario

7. technom8t
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok well it looks like this is done using the actual usb loaders, i thought this yesterday and tried a couple of games, actually using the install function in the USB loader, without the update partition, but the games are still coming out at 3.59GB no were near the 500MB od NSMB?

p.s i just tried fifa10 there and still the same, 3.59GB?

any ideas anyone?

8. technom8t
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thats what i get for using an outdated version of wii scrubber( 1.03) i didn't have a trim button, i will go download and try, see what happens. thanks for the replys so far :-), will update on any outcome.

9. technom8t
    OP

United Kingdom
    just going to try and do it now, did NSMB still work after you trimmed it? LOL

10. technom8t
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok i have deleted the upsdate partition, i have scrubed and trimed the ISO now i droped it in the WBFS file, and is converted it and it now gives me a 2GB file called '' SXFP52.wbf1 '' which im guessing is my ISO , have i done everything correctly, as this still seems rather large, also, what do i now do with this file? how do i get it back to a playable ISO?

11. technom8t
    OP

United Kingdom
    well wbfs manager doesn't detect the wbf1 file id that was generated lol? seems weird i know, so there for i cannot move the wbf1 file on to my usb stick to try it out :-(

there must be a way of converting the wbf1 file back to an ISO?

12. Thang_Bom

Newcomer Thang_Bom Advanced Member

United States
    I could be wrong.

CISO = Compressed ISO. The ISO Image was compressed with RAR/compressed method. But the image was stripped off the garabage (scrubbed) data so the compressed ratio can be very high (etc. the garbage data is set to zero or whatever). If u noted that WBFS always extract the image back to 4.37 GB for you to burn.

13. technom8t
    OP

United Kingdom
    basically my aim is to try and get all my wii ISO images down to under 500MB just like the original poster of the new super mario bros game has done with his image file......

14. sr_corsario

Member sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    wbfs_file.exe game.iso --> will get gameid.wbfs
    then,
    wbfs_file.exe -t gameid.wbfs --> will get gameid.iso, this iso will be the trimed one. And it will be work/editable with wiiscrubber 1.4

That way works better than "trim" option on wiiscrubber because that iso could be modificable

Sr Corsario

15. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you're wanting that for storage, and use NTFS, just make a compressed NTFS folder and extract your ISO's directly in to it. Although I'm sure someone will come and point out some random fact about it being 9 bytes different in size than it will be in wbfs -- it's nearly identical for all practical purposes.

16. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    try using scrubbing brush? [​IMG]

17. pakrat

Newcomer pakrat Member

Canada
    The 2GB file named SXFP52.wbf1 is because you are using a non WBFS partion to put the files on. It's a limitation of WBFS that any file over the 4GB limit will be split into 2 or more parts. When you want to play that game it ( just like winrar with r00 / r01 / etc ) It combines those parts back together.