Gaming How to scrub a Wii game??

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i know how to scrub a Wii game using wii scruber, thats not the problem, but how do i really scrub a wii game to get it to the size of the currently released scrubed version of NSMB? under 500 MB??

Thanks in advance

Tech

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PabloACZ said:
Converting the ISO to cISO? I don't know if there's a "trimmer" or some tools that do what you want...

I'm not so sure there is such a thing as a CISO, are you maybe getting confused with a CIOS?? It's the actual disc image ( .ISO FILE ) that im looking to trim right down, thanks for the reply though :-)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
technom8t said:
PabloACZ said:
Converting the ISO to cISO? I don't know if there's a "trimmer" or some tools that do what you want...

I'm not so sure there is such a thing as a CISO, are you maybe getting confused with a CIOS?? It's the actual disc image ( .ISO FILE ) that im looking to trim right down, thanks for the reply though :-)

Nope. "cISO" stands for "compressed ISO". It is compatible with most of the WBFS Managers used for save game images into USB drives. The only difference with the original files (ISO's) is that the dummy was deleted from them. Obviously, you can't burn them directly to a DVD-R. They're, basically, a way of saving space on your PC, if you have too many ISO's on it,
tongue.gif

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PabloACZ said:
technom8t said:
PabloACZ said:

Nope. "cISO" stands for "compressed ISO". It is compatible with most of the WBFS Managers used for save game images into USB drives. The only difference with the original files (ISO's) is that the dummy was deleted from them. Obviously, you can't burn them directly to a DVD-R. They're, basically, a way of saving space on your PC, if you have too many ISO's on it,
tongue.gif

i wasn't aware of that, sorry for douting you LOL, you learn a new thing every day. I will try googling some info on compressed ISO's to see what i can find out, thanks againg for the reply, hopefully maybe someone will know the name of the prog i require, as i am trying to do exactly what you suggested, and compress my ISO's for my USB stick....

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
PabloACZ said:
technom8t said:
PabloACZ said:

tongue.gif

All of this is correct.

Moreover... there are a tool wbfs 1.5 that convert iso's to wbfs format... then when you convert that wbfs file into iso, it can trim the file with used space...

Firts of all, before all of this... you have to scrub, shrink and suffel partitions with wiiscrubber 1.4, after that you can proced with "wbfs file 1.5"

The final iso file will be compatible with wiiscrubber and moreover you will be able to record directlly into a disc (in the actuallity is a waist of time and laser effort of your dvd reader record a disc...).

cISO's and trimed wiiscrubbed files will not work if you try to open with wiiscrubber.

Well... and all of this process could be done agessss ago xD by hand
wink.gif

Sr Corsario

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok well it looks like this is done using the actual usb loaders, i thought this yesterday and tried a couple of games, actually using the install function in the USB loader, without the update partition, but the games are still coming out at 3.59GB no were near the 500MB od NSMB?

p.s i just tried fifa10 there and still the same, 3.59GB?

any ideas anyone?

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
squishyy said:
would going to wii scrubber and pressing trim work?
i never really tried that but it sounds like it would reduce the size..

Thats what i get for using an outdated version of wii scrubber( 1.03) i didn't have a trim button, i will go download and try, see what happens. thanks for the replys so far :-), will update on any outcome.

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
squishyy said:
technom8t said:
squishyy said:
would going to wii scrubber and pressing trim work?
i never really tried that but it sounds like it would reduce the size..

Thats what i get for using an outdated version of wii scrubber( 1.03) i didn't have a trim button, i will go download and try, see what happens. thanks for the replys so far :-), will update on any outcome.

I just tried it with NSMB
it reduced the size to 356MB
biggrin.gif

just going to try and do it now, did NSMB still work after you trimmed it? LOL

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sr_corsario said:
PabloACZ said:
technom8t said:
PabloACZ said:

tongue.gif

All of this is correct.

Moreover... there are a tool wbfs 1.5 that convert iso's to wbfs format... then when you convert that wbfs file into iso, it can trim the file with used space...

Firts of all, before all of this... you have to scrub, shrink and suffel partitions with wiiscrubber 1.4, after that you can proced with "wbfs file 1.5"

The final iso file will be compatible with wiiscrubber and moreover you will be able to record directlly into a disc (in the actuallity is a waist of time and laser effort of your dvd reader record a disc...).

cISO's and trimed wiiscrubbed files will not work if you try to open with wiiscrubber.

wink.gif

Sr Corsario

ok i have deleted the upsdate partition, i have scrubed and trimed the ISO now i droped it in the WBFS file, and is converted it and it now gives me a 2GB file called '' SXFP52.wbf1 '' which im guessing is my ISO , have i done everything correctly, as this still seems rather large, also, what do i now do with this file? how do i get it back to a playable ISO?

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
squishyy said:
Did u try to see if the file in the external drive could be played?
I personally dont use usb loaders (got too much disks in my basement) so im not sure about that..

well wbfs manager doesn't detect the wbf1 file id that was generated lol? seems weird i know, so there for i cannot move the wbf1 file on to my usb stick to try it out :-(

there must be a way of converting the wbf1 file back to an ISO?

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong.

CISO = Compressed ISO. The ISO Image was compressed with RAR/compressed method. But the image was stripped off the garabage (scrubbed) data so the compressed ratio can be very high (etc. the garbage data is set to zero or whatever). If u noted that WBFS always extract the image back to 4.37 GB for you to burn.

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
basically my aim is to try and get all my wii ISO images down to under 500MB just like the original poster of the new super mario bros game has done with his image file......

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
wbfs_file.exe game.iso --> will get gameid.wbfs
then,
wbfs_file.exe -t gameid.wbfs --> will get gameid.iso, this iso will be the trimed one. And it will be work/editable with wiiscrubber 1.4

That way works better than "trim" option on wiiscrubber because that iso could be modificable

Sr Corsario

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're wanting that for storage, and use NTFS, just make a compressed NTFS folder and extract your ISO's directly in to it. Although I'm sure someone will come and point out some random fact about it being 9 bytes different in size than it will be in wbfs -- it's nearly identical for all practical purposes.

pakrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
technom8t said:
sr_corsario said:
PabloACZ said:
technom8t said:
PabloACZ said:

tongue.gif

All of this is correct.

wink.gif

Sr Corsario

ok i have deleted the upsdate partition, i have scrubed and trimed the ISO now i droped it in the WBFS file, and is converted it and it now gives me a 2GB file called '' SXFP52.wbf1 '' which im guessing is my ISO , have i done everything correctly, as this still seems rather large, also, what do i now do with this file? how do i get it back to a playable ISO?

The 2GB file named SXFP52.wbf1 is because you are using a non WBFS partion to put the files on. It's a limitation of WBFS that any file over the 4GB limit will be split into 2 or more parts. When you want to play that game it ( just like winrar with r00 / r01 / etc ) It combines those parts back together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr