Hacking How to run save patch from http://bubbz.pocketheav

D

Deleted User

okay, so here we go:

- first download GBATA from: http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm
- then open the rom with it, open the 'ips patcher' tab and select the .ips patch
- then click on 'apply patch' or something similar (i can't recall it right now and sitting at a mac won't make it easier
tongue.gif
)

that should be pretty much it ...
biggrin.gif

ebcubs03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I doing wrong? I tried 2 different patches for Ruby, a patch for emerald, and they still won't work. Here's what I'm doing:

Patch the rom with the IPS patch
Put in the supercard software (No compression, enable save, enable saver patch, enable restart)
Put it on my SD
boot with supercard
Play and then save, turn off
Turn on, save is gone

What am I doing wrong? Anyone?
frown.gif

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
. Normal Save: L+R+A+SELECT. Press A confirm, B Cancel. You need to backup the save into CF/SD flash card after save in the game. And Supercard will load save auto next time when loading game. You can have FOUR normal save slots, if select Enable more saver option when coverting game.

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
When you save a GBA game, in game on SuperCard, it does not save it to anywhere that you can retrieve the save file from. It infact saves to RAM temporarily allowing you to backup the save to SD/CF once you have finished playing the game. The reason for this is that SD/CF media only has a certain number of times that you can write to it and using this method prolongs the life of your media.

The way to save your games into a .sav file so you can use it as you want is as Hunter described above. Use that key combination to save to a .sav file. Alternatively to this you can use what is known as the power cycle method:

- Once you have finished playing your game and have saved (to temporary RAM), quick reboot and turn your DS back on and go back into the SuperCard menu.
- Select the SAVER option, choose your save game file and then select backup.
- You're now free to turn your DS off and your save game will be kept.
- The save gaem will automatically load next time you fire up the game.

Hope this helps, it's a bit of a strange process but perhaps you can now see why it is like this. Njoy!

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you save a GBA game, in game on SuperCard, it does not save it to anywhere that you can retrieve the save file from. It infact saves to RAM temporarily allowing you to backup the save to SD/CF once you have finished playing the game. The reason for this is that SD/CF media only has a certain number of times that you can write to it and using this method prolongs the life of your media.

The way to save your games into a .sav file so you can use it as you want is as Hunter described above. Use that key combination to save to a .sav file. Alternatively to this you can use what is known as the power cycle method:

- Once you have finished playing your game and have saved (to temporary RAM), quick reboot and turn your DS back on and go back into the SuperCard menu.
- Select the SAVER option, choose your save game file and then select backup.
- You're now free to turn your DS off and your save game will be kept.
- The save gaem will automatically load next time you fire up the game.

Hope this helps, it's a bit of a strange process but perhaps you can now see why it is like this. Njoy!

You explained that well FunkySkunk!
grog.gif

ebcubs03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, okay, I understand now. But I still have one problem. When Diamond and Pearl come out for the DS, will I still be able to transfer my pokemon to the Diamond/Pearl Cart or rom? Sort of like how castlevania DS detects the Castlevania GBA games and unlocks rings and stuff.

Thanks for the help guys!

ebcubs03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
I can get it to work 2 or 3 times, but every once in awhile it says it deletes my save due to corruption. Is this even worth it to play on supercard? Will this work on EZ4, G6, or M3?

surfer1966

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so here we go:

- first download GBATA from: http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm
- then open the rom with it, open the 'ips patcher' tab and select the .ips patch
- then click on 'apply patch' or something similar (i can't recall it right now and sitting at a mac won't make it easier
tongue.gif
)

that should be pretty much it ...Â
biggrin.gif

So the GBATA is a universal patch that fixes all the games with save problems and I should use that instead of running the save patch for Pokemon Firered at http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch

D

Deleted User

So the GBATA is a universal patch that fixes all the games with save problems and I should use that instead of running the save patch for Pokemon Firered at http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch
close, but still, no
happy.gif

gbata is the patching-program. you can apply the patch to the rom with it. in order to do so you'll need all three of the following things:
- game-rom
- the .ips patch
- and finally GBATA.
then unzip/unrar the patch and the rom put them in one folder (not really necessary but easier to locate then) and follow the above mentioned steps.

edit: i got things wrong here, pokemon uses eeprom to save (if i remember correctly) so gbata should be able to patch it without the need of an .ips file ... i don't know why but i was somehow thinking of the rtc-patch
happy.gif
sorry, dude!

surfer1966

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

close, but still, no
happy.gif

gbata is the patching-program. you can apply the patch to the rom with it. in order to do so you'll need all three of the following things:
- game-rom
- the .ips patch
- and finally GBATA.
then unzip/unrar the patch and the rom put them in one folder (not really necessary but easier to locate then) and follow the above mentioned steps.

edit: i got things wrong here, pokemon uses eeprom to save (if i remember correctly) so gbata should be able to patch it without the need of an .ips file ... i don't know why but i was somehow thinking of the rtc-patch
happy.gif
sorry, dude!

I followed the patching instructions and started a new game in firered. After I played a bit I did L-R-CTL-A and restarted. In the saver menu I found a firered.sav file. I'm suppose to click A and save to SD? After restarting I see a pokemoo fire(in card), clicking on it I get a white screen. I also have firered.gba, clicking on it I have to start a new game of firered.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played