Hacking how to ruin your G6. (share ur thoughts)

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thnx all helpers and spammers!
i tended to make a topic to have all known threats for our G6s so one day a moderator would delete spams and make this a stickey for G6 section.

I think the other posters were just having fun. The truth is that there haven't been programs that brick a ds or a G6 around for a while so the best precaution is to read the postings on this board to find out if anything new happens. Otherwise. Read the faq's in the G6 forum and they will tell you just about everything you need to do to properly use your G6. I think the best advise was given before...Don't pull out while it's turned on.
huh.gif

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my little brother had to do to kill his G6 was turn on his DS-lite.
So never turn on your DS with your G6 in it. But after replacing his
G6 with a new one, within a month the Flash memory of his new
one got corrupted. So back to my first recommendation never turn
on your DS with your G6 in it, & you’ll be fine.

Sounds like you forgot to use "Safely Remove Device" before you took your G6 out of the computer a few too many times. I have never heard of them breaking so quickly. I think the only major problem any G6 owner can face is their battery completely dying. Since were speaking of this matter anyways: just in case a G6's battery dies what kind of replacement would a person use? Or can they even replace it with soldering?

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unpluging the g6 while playing, saving, uploading data, downloading data would least do some corruption but prob rarely. static electricity on the pcb board or the contacts also may cause corruption. also giving it to a child saying the G6 is indestructable would most likely do it.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
All my little brother had to do to kill his G6 was turn on his DS-lite.
So never turn on your DS with your G6 in it. But after replacing his
G6 with a new one, within a month the Flash memory of his new
one got corrupted. So back to my first recommendation never turn
on your DS with your G6 in it, & you’ll be fine.
rofl2.gif

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i tried unplugging the g6 while playing it then plugged the g6 bak into the nds after meddling with it on my pc. the game continues fine to my amazement. But i suspect the usb devices need more care. Sometimes the pc does not regconise the g6 cart and i need to realign it to get the device regconised. So dun drop the usb devices or force it into yr pc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, then im lucky i havent updated yet +1