Hacking How to rip ''00000023.app'' from Wii U

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your argument is valid except that it's not legal to download a SNES rom for a game you own. You may be morally correct but the courts say it's illegal. Same goes for any IOS files.

Besides it doesn't matter what is legal and what is not. Gbatemp can make any rules they want. It's their site. We all agreed to those rules.

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: jbuck1975

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your argument is valid except that it's not legal to download a SNES rom for a game you own. You may be morally correct but the courts say it's illegal. Same goes for any IOS files.

Besides it doesn't matter what is legal and what is not. Gbatemp can make any rules they want. It's their site. We all agreed to those rules.
Not contesting GBATemp's rules in the least. I'm not expecting a website to fight a seemingly dubious copyright law. As for downloading a SNES rom you own, I'm sure if there was a case in a court of law where someone was accused of downloading Mario Kart, and he proved to the court that he owns the cart, the case would be dismissed quickly. That's assuming that they ignore the other thousand of roms they found on his hard drive, though. :D

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not contesting GBATemp's rules in the least. I'm not expecting a website to fight a seemingly dubious copyright law. As for downloading a SNES rom you own, I'm sure if there was a case in a court of law where someone was accused of downloading Mario Kart, and he proved to the court that he owns the cart, the case would be dismissed quickly. That's assuming that they ignore the other thousand of roms they found on his hard drive, though. :D
It depends on the country of origin. In USA, it doesn't matter if you own the cart or not. DMCA allows you to make a legal backup yourself of your own cart using your own tools. This does not include downloading a SNES rom to a game cart that you already own. Same as with downloading a pirated movie even though you own the BluRay: still illegal.

As for the whole, "hey, shouldn't this be legal as it's going from one Wii U to another?" the answer is no. It is still Nintendo's intellectual property and they make the rules on it. They want to be the only way you can fix your Wii U. Downloading an encrypted file off of their public facing servers isn't illegal, but decrypting it is.

You also seem to hail from Canada so I don't know the local laws there. In any case, this has been discussed sooo many times here and it's not really worth going over yet again.

Reactions: AmandaRose

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Some people really need to chill... Poor guy ask for a file, That in any other case would be useless, But needed it to unbrick his vWii... You guys jump in & make a meal out of nothing like a bunch of SJW's... Nothing else better to do?? F**ks wrong with you like???

Im sure mini modding is also against the rules. If it isnt, It should be!!!

If you still need the file, Ill email a link to a backup of mine to you if you like aether12 (Happy now mini mod/keyboard warrior wannabe's)

aether12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some people really need to chill... Poor guy ask for a file, That in any other case would be useless, But needed it to unbrick his vWii... You guys jump in & make a meal out of nothing like a bunch of SJW's... Nothing else better to do?? F**ks wrong with you like???

Im sure mini modding is also against the rules. If it isnt, It should be!!!

If you still need the file, Ill email a link to a backup of mine to you if you like aether12 (Happy now mini mod/keyboard warrior wannabe's)

Thanks for your help ! i recieved the files but sadly since i am 5.4.0 and not able to CFW (can't even update because of vWii is bricked) i can't access to the root files... :( i am stuck again

i will stay stuck until Mocha CFW is compatible with 5.4.0...

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country

aether12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
i tried something so similiar to this ! my wii u says it 5.5.2 but loadiine.ovh still detects its 5.4.0 (u.drg.li didn't work like 10 tries too) also when i open haxchi via loadiine.ovh it says ''MCP hook could not be opened!''
You've most likely used the method of updating the browser app? Not the method in the link I posted which should update the hole system to 5.5.1/5.5.2. TBH, Im not sure. Also not sure how keen anyone is on making Mocha compatible with 5.4.0... Would have already been done by now if anyone was >.<

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,

aether12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You've most likely used the method of updating the browser app? Not the method in the link I posted which should update the hole system to 5.5.1/5.5.2
i downloaded 5.5.2 EUR system files on internet and updated via wup-installer i remember that much.

ALSO i should try u.drg.li once again because last time i launched the haxchi i used loadiine not u.drg.li maybe that caused it ! let me try that again

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have an American vWii app file??? PM me. Because I honestly can’t undo my issue without an America vWii app file or plenty?

I was an idiot for installing a theme on it. BIG MISTAKE! And I have no backup file to fix it.

Please? PM me.
Did you not read any of the posts on page one??

Hint you cant ask for Nintendo copyrighted material to be PMd its against site rules.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you not read any of the posts on page one??

Hint you cant ask for Nintendo copyrighted material to be PMd its against site rules.
Instead of backseat modding, why not report the posts? Hell, how about you stop harassing users trying to help each other? I doubt Nintendo gives a shit about the Wii U to care about some random dude wanting to unbrick their vWii.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Instead of backseat modding, why not report the posts? Hell, how about you stop harassing users trying to help each other? I doubt Nintendo gives a shit about the Wii U to care about some random dude wanting to unbrick their vWii.
Nintendo might not care but the site does and that is why its against the rules to post copyrighted material and you totally miss my intentions in the first place which is to simply let the poster know they are breaking site rules so as they dont get banned so in other words im on the side of the posters as i dont want to see anyone banned from the site. Which they will be for asking for or posting nintendo copyrighted material. So sorry if my attempts at trying to stop people getting banned offends you for some bizarre reason.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg