spelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hello everyone,

I plan to restore a clean Nand that I created from a used Switch (previously never hacked but used online before).
After that I want to create a sysNAND and emuMMC.
So the way I want to go about restoring my Nand and creating the emuMMC is as follows:
  1. I will restore the Nand (How can I enter the OFW afterwards? Does autoRCM get disabled because I restore the Nand?)
  2. I will format my SD and make a partition with the size of 29856 MB
  3. I put all CFW files including Hekate and Atmosphere on the other partition
  4. I go into RCM run Hekate and create the emuMMC (can I use my old Nand for that or do I have to make a new one?)
  5. Whenever I want to switch between sysNAND and emuMMC, I have to reboot into Hetake and select the correct partition.
  6. emuMMC I will use as I used my CFW Switch before (I never will go online in CFW anyway) and update via ChoiDujourNX.
  7. Do I update sysNAND officially?
  8. Otherwise I will just play all games I want to play online on my sysNAND and use Emulators and Homebrew on my emuMMC.
  9. I heard that having autoRCM enabled might be detected by Nintendo when going online in sysNAND.. So should I get a jig to prevent that or is it unnecessary?
  10. Can I copy all files back to the SD after partitioning it or do I have to install all games again?
  11. After restoring my clean Nand, do I have to make another Nand Backup? I heard that you can only use a backup once.. Why is that the case or am I misinformed?
Would be great if you guys could tell me if I’m going in the right direction and if I missed anything major or if there are other things I should look out for.

Thanks for the help in advance :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone,

I plan to restore a clean Nand that I created from a used Switch (previously never hacked but used online before).
After that I want to create a sysNAND and emuMMC.
So the way I want to go about restoring my Nand and creating the emuMMC is as follows:
  1. I will restore the Nand (How can I enter the OFW afterwards? Does autoRCM get disabled because I restore the Nand?)
  2. I will format my SD and make a partition with the size of 29856 MB
  3. I put all CFW files including Hekate and Atmosphere on the other partition
  4. I go into RCM run Hekate and create the emuMMC (can I use my old Nand for that or do I have to make a new one?)
  5. Whenever I want to switch between sysNAND and emuMMC, I have to reboot into Hetake and select the correct partition.
  6. emuMMC I will use as I used my CFW Switch before (I never will go online in CFW anyway) and update via ChoiDujourNX.
  7. Do I update sysNAND officially?
  8. Otherwise I will just play all games I want to play online on my sysNAND and use Emulators and Homebrew on my emuMMC.
  9. I heard that having autoRCM enabled might be detected by Nintendo when going online in sysNAND.. So should I get a jig to prevent that or is it unnecessary?
  10. Can I copy all files back to the SD after partitioning it or do I have to install all games again?
  11. After restoring my clean Nand, do I have to make another Nand Backup? I heard that you can only use a backup once.. Why is that the case or am I misinformed?
Would be great if you guys could tell me if I’m going in the right direction and if I missed anything major or if there are other things I should look out for.

Thanks for the help in advance :)
Just to clarify the NAND is from the same Switch right? As you can't use a NAND from another Switch. The first paragraph was a bit unclear about that.
And if it is from the same Switch what's the point in restoring the backup if you haven't hacked it?
Also, don't restore an older NAND backup if the console has been online since. That creates a discrepancy in the log files that is confirmed bannable.

1. Yes, and you don't really want to enable it again, as there is no way to boot 100% stock OFW with autoRCM enabled as it essentially bricks your Switch, there is a chance Nintendo could detect AutoRCM installs, or detect the fuse check patches and other patches (if any) that are always applied when booting into "OFW" from RCM mode. The chance might be small, but I prefer to stay on the safe side and keep my sysNAND completely isolated from anything homebrew or CFW related. There's just no telling what sort of checks Nintendo might decide to add in the next update, which people might not find out about until it's too late.

2. Correct. 29828 is too small and Hekate won't let you make the emuNAND, 29856 works
3. Yes
4. It will be made from whatever is currently your sysNAND, you can flash another NAND backup to it afterwards if you like.

5. Like I said, I don't recommend booting OFW from RCM, it's not 100% clean stock and there is a risk, but do what you want. Either way, when you want to get back into CFW from OFW you have to actually fully power off to get back into RCM. Requiring a jig and dongle or other device to inject if you don't have AutoRCM. Which really isn't as big of a hassle as it sounds, it only takes 4-5 seconds to insert the jig and dongle, do the button combo and for the Hekate screen to appear.

7. Yes
9. Already explained that part

10. After restoring the backup any games you installed after the backup was made will no longer be recognized anyway. If you want to use your current NAND (with all the games) as emuNAND, and use the older NAND backup for sysNAND for whatever reason, then you can move the Nintendo folder to emuMMC\RAW1, which is where emuNAND reads the SD data from.

11. That's not exactly correct. You can use a NAND backup multiple times, it's just that if you restore an older backup, when you have been online since, there's a discrepancy in the log files, which are sent to Nintendo as soon as you connect, and several people we know of have gotten banned from this.

Reactions: spelda

spelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Just to clarify the NAND is from the same Switch right? As you can't use a NAND from another Switch. The first paragraph was a bit unclear about that.
And if it is from the same Switch what's the point in restoring the backup if you haven't hacked it?
Also, don't restore an older NAND backup if the console has been online since. That creates a discrepancy in the log files that is confirmed bannable.
Hey,

Thanks a bunch for your help :)

Just to clarify, the Nand is from the same Switch. The Switch is currently running CFW but I would like to restore the clean Nand and run a clean sysNAND for online play and an emuMMC for offline homebrew stuff.

After hacking the console it has never been online again and before even hacking the system I removed the saved wifi connection and even played on airplane mode!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

5. Like I said, I don't recommend booting OFW from RCM, it's not 100% clean stock and there is a risk, but do what you want. Either way, when you want to get back into CFW from OFW you have to actually fully power off to get back into RCM. Requiring a jig and dongle or other device to inject if you don't have AutoRCM. Which really isn't as big of a hassle as it sounds, it only takes 4-5 seconds to insert the jig and dongle, do the button combo and for the Hekate screen to appear.
Yea I'll probably will be getting a jig then and not use autoRCM again just to be safe ;)

If I want to switch from CFW to OFW, do I have to enter Hekate select sysNAND or does simply powering off and on do the trick?

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one