Hacking How to restore H&S app without a .app backup?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I injected FBI, but I deleted my only clean backup of H&S (I don't know why -_-)
So now I have 2 FBI on my HomeMenu xD

How it's possible to recover it?
Possible to install a clean H&S from another user on the same system, same console, and same region?
If so, I can ask a friend to dump his app with D9

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, I injected FBI, but I deleted my only clean backup of H&S (I don't know why -_-)
So now I have 2 FBI on my HomeMenu xD

How it's possible to recover it?
Possible to install a clean H&S from another user on the same system, same console, and same region?
If so, I can ask a friend to dump his app with D9

Try to delete the already installed title with another FBI but installed on SD card, and get the original H&S app from the NUS and install it with the SD FBI.

Reactions: SektorZero

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just restored the latest O3DS H&S app and it works fine but it still has the FBI icon. Anyone know why that might be happening?

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried rebooting and the cia was installed to NAND. This is the title I downloaded from 3DNUS which I believe is the latest for NA region o3ds: 0004001000021300 v2051

I'll try re-downloading the title and see if that fixes it.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried rebooting and the cia was installed to NAND. This is the title I downloaded from 3DNUS which I believe is the latest for NA region o3ds: 0004001000021300 v2051

I'll try re-downloading the title and see if that fixes it.
I completely deleted the Health & Safety app, rebooted so its icon was gone, then re-installed it. That cleared the icon for me.

Reactions: zoogie

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep that worked. I didn't try rebooting in-between deleting and installing the CIA as I was afraid it could brick the system. Thanks for the help.

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't for my life restore the H&S icon in one of my N3DSes. I saved the original h&s app from when injecting FBI. Both from emunand and sysnand (even if the version is the same for EUR).
Used Decrypt9 to inject the original h&s app back, first for sysnand and then for emunand. The sysnand icon got restored but not in emunand. Both boots the original h&s app but the icon in emunand is still the FBI one.

I uninstalled the app in emunand, rebooted (icon all gone), installed the cia downloaded using 3dnus, rebooted again, FBI icon back...

So i tried to inject the sysnand h&s app backup to emunand but no, still FBI icon.

So, wtf? Using a9lh with AuReiNand. N3DS.
Is there some sorts of cache that i need to clear?

Last edited by Orkna,

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
I used the menuxhax installer and selected the remove option. It reset my theme back to the original one but not the H&S icon.
I found one thread that mentioned a folder name but I don't have it.. ;)

BadBoyXxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I completely deleted the Health & Safety app, rebooted so its icon was gone, then re-installed it. That cleared the icon for me.
how i can delete the H&S file? i have a n3ds but i cant find it to delete 0004001020022300 this is the code for europa n3ds right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee