Question How to request general actions from moderators?

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering what the best way is to request actions from the moderators when I want something done, but I don't know which perison is the right one to contact. For example, if I want a thread to be stickied, should I use the report button on the OP, or should I post a request in this forum? Or if I want a personal detail changed, should I just send a a PM to all moderators? Or what if a thread has been rediracted and I want to ask why. How should I ask? I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me the proper procedure for these cases.

Reactions: Margen67

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if someone made a thread and you got a problem with that thread use the report button.

sending a message to every moderator is not a good idea.. :/ you just need to send to 1 (or in case he is in a bad mood that day, you can try other one)
but please do not ask the same request to multiple moderators, since it can be confusing for them (i had seen threads merged by 2 moderators gone wrong xD)..

if you dont get a reply, sometimes patience is key... do not spam every moderator because you can't get help in that minute

if you want your thread to be sticked, pm a moderator or a supervisor.. a supervisor maybe its a better idea since they are the ones who decide that stuff :/

heres a list of staff, you can check if they are online: http://gbatemp.net/staff/

and i recently sent costello a pm ( the admin) which gave me this automatic message and its helpfull to answer your question:

Hello,

This is an automated reply.

Thank you for contacting me. Depending on my availability I may take a while to answer or even not answer at all. Unless your issue requires my intervention (administrative/legal) please get in touch with the following persons depending on your particular demand:
- Technical problem => tj_cool
- Anything forum related (thread/post/member/warns/etc.) => contact an active moderator or supervisor
- Chatroom/IRC issues => p1ngpong
- Editorial content (reviews/news/tutorials/etc.) => Thug

I appreciate your understanding.
Costello

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and recentrly i had PM costello ( the admin) which gave me this automatic message and its helpfull to answer your question:

I got that same message about a month ago when I PM'd Costello. I then PM'd Vulpes Abnocto and he fixed what I wanted fixed. :lol:

So are you saying that I should PM a Supervisor first, then if he doesn't answer in a day or so, then PM another Supervisor, and so on until I either get a reply or a ban? :unsure:

It would be nice if there were a more complete list (like the one in Costello's auto reply) about who will handle certain questions/problems.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I got that same message about a month ago when I PM'd Costello. I then PM'd Vulpes Abnocto and he fixed what I wanted fixed. :lol:

So are you saying that I should PM a Supervisor first, then if he doesn't answer in a day or so, then PM another Supervisor, and so on until I either get a reply or a ban? :unsure:

It would be nice if there were a more complete list (like the one in Costello's auto reply) about who will handle certain questions/problems.

what i mean is, if you got a problem with a thread someone created (for example an user is harassing you) you must use the report button..
or for example, someone is sharing roms or spamming the forum, basically, anything that other member did and you think he is not following the forum rules, use the report button

if you have a problem like your profile\name, you should pm a supervisor..

general questions should be answered by moderators (like if you want to make a thread but you dont know what is the section, or if you can post that)

if you got serious problems with the site (like your account got banned, or something is not working on the website you should pm a surpervisor, or maybe the admin itself..

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i mean is, if you got a problem with a thread someone created (for example an user is harassing you) you must use the report button..
or for example, someone is sharing roms or spamming the forum, basically, anything that other member did and you think he is not following the forum rules, use the report button

if you have a problem like your profile\name, you should pm a supervisor..

general questions should be answered by moderators (like if you want to make a thread but you dont know what is the section, or if you can post that)

if you got serious problems with the site (like your account got banned, or something is not working on the website you should pm a surpervisor, or maybe the admin itself..

One last question: if I want to request a thread title change, or a poll removal or something that is not against the rules on my own thread, then should I just PM a moderator or supervisor, or should I use the report button on my own thread?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question: if I want to request a thread title change, or a poll removal or something that is not against the rules on my own thread, then should I just PM a moderator or supervisor, or should I use the report button on my own thread?
I just use the report button on my post and put the reason (like wrong tittle)

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China

rev said it. just report yourself, they will see it and since you are the OP most of the times they change it.

report button creates a misleading feeling about who get reported will get "problems" but they don't.. report is very usefull for bad and good reasons..
its very rare that someone gets problems because someone reported him, for example, i created myself a lot of shitposting and never got a warning but my posts get removed\censored (which i dont blame mods, they are right xD)

i had reported several threads with bad titles and they usually are changed (sometimes OP asks it too, and on the reason i explain OP wants to change it)

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually reporting a post in question, even if it's your own, is going to be the best case regardless of what the issue is. Just be clear in what the issue is and if it also concerns another post thread (there's already another thread for this topic, etc) just make sure to link that too so we don't have to hunt it down.

You can PM us too if you want, but usually only do so for non-issues (I posted my thread in the wrong area, can you change the title, etc). If there's actually a problem with a post (someone being a major asshole, posting warez, etc) then PLEASE report that.

If you need to check what staff are on at any given time, look at the "Staff Online Now..." box on the right side - https://gbatemp.net/forum/ That shows all mod staff and possibly T-hug (I don't remember if it does or not, tbh)

Any general questions, PM or posting here is always fine (though I don't always check here)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A report literally just sends a message to a global moderator report inbox with a link to the reported post and the message you entered, so if you want to get something done on a thread or post, that's easily the best way.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Forthermore, yeah building on what Arras said, we all see reports - Moderators, Supervisors, and Administrators. If you send a PM to one of us, only whoever you sent the PM to is going to see it. So if it's not something you feel the need to report but still want to discuss via PM, it's probably for the best to include a few of us in the conversation. Me, Bortz, Veho, Depravo are always frequently around as far as moderators are concerned, and p1ngpong, raulpica, and Vulpes Abnocto are supervisors most frequently around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1