Hacking How to rename game title

innercy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, anyone know how to rename or edit game title for brazilian hack method?. i want to be able to change name cus some games have really long name title + CAPS which is kinda annoying.

tqvm

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether sourced from disc or eShop, the name comes from /usr/title/000500e/restoftitleID/meta/meta.xml (if the title has an update installed) or /usr/title/0005000/restoftitleID/meta/meta.xml if there is no update.
  • Find your game's TitleID using that title keys site, WiiU USB Helper, or Title Database
  • Use the App Store app or web site to get the ftpiiu_everwhere version that's compatible with your CFW/sig patcher.
  • Run ftpiiu_everwhere on your WiiU, and connect to it using an FTP client like WinSCP or Filezilla on your PC.
  • Navigate to the path/file above and transfer it to your PC
  • Edit meta.xml using an editor that won't change the end-of-line type, e.g. Notepad++
  • Look for the title's longname and change at least the entry for your language
  • Save and upload the file
  • Restart the WiiU or switch users (you can change several titles before doing so, if you want)
Thoughts:
Be careful. I suspect that the icon will just show ??? if you mess up the XML, but I'm not going to try it just to find out.
If you use out-of-region games you could add (EUR) (US) or (JP) to the end
Maybe add a * at the end of a name to denote that you need signature patches for those titles that do.
Make sure you use &lt; &amp; &gt; &quot; and &apos; for < & > " ' , e.g. Pirate&apos;s Curse

innercy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whether sourced from disc or eShop, the name comes from /usr/title/000500e/restoftitleID/meta/meta.xml (if the title has an update installed) or /usr/title/0005000/restoftitleID/meta/meta.xml if there is no update.
  • Find your game's TitleID using that title keys site, WiiU USB Helper, or Title Database
  • Use the App Store app or web site to get the ftpiiu_everwhere version that's compatible with your CFW/sig patcher.
  • Run ftpiiu_everwhere on your WiiU, and connect to it using an FTP client like WinSCP or Filezilla on your PC.
  • Navigate to the path/file above and transfer it to your PC
  • Edit meta.xml using an editor that won't change the end-of-line type, e.g. Notepad++
  • Look for the title's longname and change at least the entry for your language
  • Save and upload the file
  • Restart the WiiU or switch users (you can change several titles before doing so, if you want)
Thoughts:
Be careful. I suspect that the icon will just show ??? if you mess up the XML, but I'm not going to try it just to find out.
If you use out-of-region games you could add (EUR) (US) or (JP) to the end
Maybe add a * at the end of a name to denote that you need signature patches for those titles that do.
Make sure you use &lt; &amp; &gt; &quot; and &apos; for < & > " ' , e.g. Pirate&apos;s Curse

thanks. i will try it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: