Hacking How to remove/uninstall Gateway 3DS from my 3DS ?

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can't without the gateway card.

@op , decrypt ur saves with jksm. basically, u have to mount the game with gateway then extract since they're decrypted for use with the game. :)
Then he could redownload his games, or convert them via Decrypt9 or GM9

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
u can't without the gateway card.

@op , decrypt ur saves with jksm. basically, u have to mount the game with gateway then extract since they're decrypted for use with the game. :)
Also you have to rename them the titleid of JKSM, since in Gateway mode save reading is bound to the currently running app, not the game in the cartridge slot.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the tutorial I wrote for psx-place. :) I had forgotten about changing the save name since it had been so long, but it's in my tutorial. ;)

Note: This tutorial is assuming you've already ripped the saves for use with gateway.

Games will be ripped as their id4. To know which game that is, go here. If you've already named the game after its title id, you can use the same website to determine which sav belongs to which game.

Now, place the sav in a folder on your desktop. Name the sav after the game you're working with. Do this for all of your gateway saves.

Next, name the sav(s) 0004000002C23200.sav, and place them on your SD card (if they're not already).

Now, download JKSM

Note: You should also download a file explorer such as CTRXplorer

Then, you're going to need to install the cia of the game.

Next, open the game you just installed. You're going to have to create a saved game.

Note: If you don't create a game save, importing the save will result in an error in jksm.

Use CTRXplorer to transfer the 0004000002C23200.sav (doing one game at a time) to the root of your sd card by pressing Y to copy, then keep pressing B until you're at the root of the sd card, and finally Y again to paste. This will be a dummy sav to transfer the game save from gateway to cia.

Next, mount the game with the select button. You don't have to enter the game.

After you've done all that, open jksm and select cartridge/save data options/export save. You can name the save anything. I typically just name it a. Each save is mirrored to its respective game, so naming them all a is fine.

Now, you're going to return to the main menu of jksm, and select SD/CIA/save data options/import save. Now, select the game you're importing to.

Note: If you don't see your game listed, return to the main menu and refresh the title list. A title list is normally created whenever you first open jksm. Refreshing the list will reread the installed games. Once you've selected your game and selected the save you just exported, you're done! Now, test the save to make sure it went through okay.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: nccom and Sunny123

Sunny123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@nccom is actually correct, you would have to reinstall everything. However, it is totally worth it because you could have all your 3DS games on your SD, and you then have your Slot 1 open for a DS flashcard. Then you could use Emulators for other consoles, turning your 3DS into the ultimate handheld...

P.S. The 3DS is also the best Legend Of Zelda system, with all these methods you can play around 80% of Zelda games on the 3DS alone...
I meant 3ds rom's not actually .3ds files so yeah .cias is fine now all good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: