ROM Hack How to rebuild 3DS DLC as .cia?

Foxes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So after much trial and error I was finally able to get my DLC for PMD: Gates to Infinity working perfectly in Citra, and now I want to rebuild it into a .cia for easier storage & installation in the future. Problem is, all I have are the 26 .app files, and I have no idea how to build those back into a .cia. I've tried using Makerom, but that tells me that "Argument "-rsf" is required", and while I understand that it needs a .rsf file, I have no idea what to actually put in that file in order for it to work. Can anyone help me understand how to rebuild this DLC as a .cia properly?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to put this thread under emulation, since you're using Citra and a romhack.
On 3DS,for the official releases creating a .cia can be done in GodMode9. In your case, i have no idea how it should be done.

Foxes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might want to put this thread under emulation, since you're using Citra and a romhack.
On 3DS,for the official releases creating a .cia can be done in GodMode9. In your case, i have no idea how it should be done.
I maybe should mention that my .cia was created using GodMode9 using the official releases, it's just that it doesn't work properly in Citra. In order to even get Citra to install it I needed to use a PC utility to decrpyt it, since GodMode9's decyption would stil cause Citra to give the "This file must be decrypted before being used with Citra" message, then even after I got it to install, the DLC dungeons would appear in the list, but attempting to enter them would just kick you out of the menu and nothing would happen. I was able to fix that issue by messing around with the installed files in Citra's emulated SDMC, now I just need to be able to rebuild the .cia.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Patient zero giggity +1