Hacking How to quit to menu during GCN gameplay? (CFGr51/DIOSMIOS2.8)

spoonman54321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This step is literally the only thing I haven't figured out. I've now finally successfully set up my Wii to by my emulator box for NES, SNES, Genesis, GB/GBC/GBA, N64, PS1, Gamecube, and Wii games all running from the USB drive and everything works beautifully thanks to all the help available in many different areas on GBATemp and other sites.

The ONLY thing I can't figure out is whether it's possible to quit back to the Wii menu while playing a gamecube game loaded through CFG loader v70r51 and running DIOS MIOS v2.8. It's a minor inconvenience to have to get up and hit the reset button when everything else on the console is handled through the wiimote. Is this even a function or do I just have to deal with this first world problem?

MacGuffin3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pushing those buttons doesn't work for me, only way I'm able to get out of a gamebox game is to hold down the power until the wii turns off. Any suggestions for returning quickly back to the USBloader from a gamebox game would be great.

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there was ever a way to do that, even when you are loading it through the official Wii Disc Loader, I always just shut off my Wii and turned it back on, it's a bit annoying, but it gets the job done :)

MacGuffin3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I enabled something in the USBLoader menu called pad hook which now lets me use that button combination on the gamecube controller to take me to the Wii home menu, but it would still be nice to go straight back to the USBloader menu some how.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks. I enabled something in the USBLoader menu called pad hook which now lets me use that button combination on the gamecube controller to take me to the Wii home menu, but it would still be nice to go straight back to the USBloader menu some how.
You can also press something like L+R+Z+D-pad Down to shut the wii off (might be another D-Pad direction)
I'm afraid returning to anything except the system menu just isn't possible though. The button combination effectively restarts the Wii, so unless you use priiloader to autoboot CFG loader there's nothing that can be done about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1