How to play USA games on a EUR 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by guyg8, Sep 1, 2018.

1. guyg8
    OP

guyg8 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    family guy
    I need help. I just got into smash 3ds mods. put I have a .cia of smash eur, when I play its extremely slow. and want to switch to a USA .cia verison, i Just downloaded it and when I boot, It says "An error has occurred"
    Please help

2. SG6000

SG6000 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

Install the Luma Locale Switcher 3dsx, launch it, wait for your installed titles to load up, select the USA version of Smash and then select USA region.

I have no idea whether this will solve your issue (I don't play Smash) but it sure as hell solved all of my out-of-region related issues (such as the 3D Sega compilations saving / running correctly on my EUR unit).

The app wont launch if you have custom theme for FBI installed though, so be sure to remove the FBI theme folder if you have one.

3. guyg8
    OP

guyg8 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    family guy
    Nope. Still the same error. :hateit:

4. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 (Secretly a Yo-Kai)

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    HEY DONT ABUSE YOUR DS!!!!

When i installed luma i could play any region game i dont know why that wont happen for you.

5. guyg8
    OP

guyg8 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    family guy
    Just figured out the problem. SaltySD wouldn't let me play when activated.

SG6000 likes this.
  6. SG6000

SG6000 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Hopefully someone who knows a thing or two about running out-of-region Smash mods can chime in. Luma sometimes needs a little help with the odd game and the Locale Switcher app has always worked for me, its mandatory homebrew as far as I'm concerned.

7. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 (Secretly a Yo-Kai)

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    Well good job you figured it out! :-)