Hacking how to play snes games using r4i gold card

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need an emulator, and roms.
Google is your friends since linking roms is not allowed on this site.

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i can find the roms and i even have roms but which emulator should i use and how to make it run?
This one might work http://www.lolsnes.com/
I gave away my R4 a long time ago, but to use emulators on flashcarts, you just boot the .nds like it's a retail game, and then the emulator will have access to the micro SD card so you can load the SNES rom inside the emulator.

Owaishakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave away my R4 a long time ago, but to use emulators on flashcarts, you just boot the .nds like it's a retail game, and then the emulator will have access to the micro SD card so you can load the SNES rom inside the emulator.
it doesnt have any audio for games?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and is there anyone which support 16 bit games like castlevania 4

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES emulation on R4 is really bad. Don't expect too many games to work. (Especially Starfox.) BlargSNES is probably better at emulating SNES than the R4, and BlargSNES can't play too many games either.

Last edited by Zero72463,
Reactions: RyDog

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even mention GBA emulation. It's terrible XD
Ah, yep I remember. Good thing they work pretty good on 3DS homebrew now :)
@Owaishakir if you have a 3DS that has access to the Homebrew Launcher, it's better to just use that.
Use your R4 card soley for regular homebrew and games because emulation is sub par.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, yep I remember. Good thing they work pretty good on 3DS homebrew now :)
@Owaishakir if you have a 3DS that has access to the Homebrew Launcher, it's better to just use that.
Use your R4 card soley for regular homebrew and games because emulation is sub par.

Yeah. For o3DS use BlargSNES. For N3DS use a Retroarch SNES emulator. GBA is only good when injected.

Reactions: RyDog

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google lead me here, is this still the case? I've been using a china r4 card and loving it, but I've just started enjoying/emulating SNES. What say ye today?

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The DSi fits better in my pocket and has amazing battery life. I love my switch, but I take this guy to work and I don't want to bring my switch.

So, sorry to revive a dead post, but cuz of the new DSi exploit and Google bringing me here... What are the current ds SNES emulation options?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What are the current ds SNES emulation options?
This is the latest version of SNEmulDS, updated a few months ago and improved, to be launched from SD card via TWLightMenu++:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/snemuld...date-it-for-the-last-dkp.328636/post-10010372
A bit complicated to use; you have to manually set the various graphics layers by trial and error for each individual game. Not a very good one, unfortunately. DSi would deserve better, given the high demand as well.

Reactions: VDDZ and JuanMena

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. If you would be so kind, I'm having trouble understanding how how I can use this with the kart I have. Any links to any guides? or how to update/use new files with said kart? Also, is this version going to get me any more performance than the .6 version I am using? other than what looks like some c4 compatibility? Will ToP and Star Ocean be able to run? I know thats asking a lot, but you know, pushing that envelope.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nope. The version I mentioned only works from a DSi's SD card. The version you already use is the only one available for r4 card (or cart, not kart... :rofl2: ), and in any case no version will ever be able to launch Star Ocean or Tales of Phantasia, which use special microchips, and are too large in size: even the older, simpler, and more primitive RPGs give graphical or sound problems, let alone those titles you mentioned. :teach:

• Haha
Reactions: VDDZ

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kart. It's a china clone of some shit I forgot...ace?a thing?... But yay! No hope! Good to know! But new exploit, maybe new flame for old DSi, hope, hope, iro, hope! Thank you again for most knowledgeable advice

• Wow
Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: my timezone EST