Hacking How to play games region free for everybody

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if this works for crash of the titans and big brain academy wii degree pal forced ntsc shows green screen......

edit, does not work with these 2 games, still gives green screen.dammit!!! I cant seem to find ntsc versions

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wolffangalchemist said:
ether2802 said:
STD = standart
tongue.gif
; and aparently my TV supports PAL signal too 'cuz I can run all the games thru the Disc Channel and none have a problem (rebooter on Gamma), but when I want to go back to Menu the Wii light stays green but the tv shows nothing, only when i use PAL games
maybe true but STD also is the abbreviation for "Sexually Transmitted Diseases" at least that's what it means in America.
that's why i found it kinda funny tv's getting aids and such lololol.

You mean in the US, cause I live in America too, and here STD stands for standart
laugh.gif

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
all its doing is booting the game after i launch the dol cant get any menu up
should i load it before i put the disc in?

edit*
inserting disc after launching gives black screen until the disc is inserted then it boots the game
Wiisel your a fool it was on autoboot tap 1
tongue.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a problem little problem with this. I think I'm doing something wrong. Trying to play no more heroes ntsc with rgb scart. Game works fine on default settings,but crap picture as I can't use rgb.

Dumped the main dol using this, patched it using generic wii patcher, just using ntsc->pal option and now green screen if it loads the dol off the card, fine from disc though, just no rgb so have to put up with crap picture. So as it's only green screening when loading off sd, I'm guessing I done something wrong on the patching. No more heroes not like all video modes being patched?, should I only patched the one I want (pal 60)?.

Using a chip, so selected ios21 as that's apparently what no more heroes uses.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Armadillo said:
I'm having a problem little problem with this. I think I'm doing something wrong. Trying to play no more heroes ntsc with rgb scart. Game works fine on default settings,but crap picture as I can't use rgb.

Dumped the main dol using this, patched it using generic wii patcher, just using ntsc->pal option and now green screen if it loads the dol off the card, fine from disc though, just no rgb so have to put up with crap picture. So as it's only green screening when loading off sd, I'm guessing I done something wrong on the patching. No more heroes not like all video modes being patched?, should I only patched the one I want (pal 60)?.

Using a chip, so selected ios21 as that's apparently what no more heroes uses.

To play import games you may need to set SoftChip to disc region video mode in order not to get the green screen. If you patched the video mode to your region, you have to set it to system settings. You can also try the lastest version, the dumping and loading of main.dols doesn't work, but you can force video modes directly. But it doesn't work for all games.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Working now
smile.gif
. Had it set to disc, switched to system and it's working
smile.gif
. Thanks for the help, great tool
smile.gif
. Don't have to put up with crappy video quality now.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's the new test program for video modes:
http://rapidshare.com/files/198345234/videotest2.zip.html

Notes:
I don't recommend to try exotic video modes, like MPAL (both), the non df video modes and PAL 576 (both) for NTSC users. If you do, you do it at your own risk.
If the video mode you want to patch from is found several times, i recommend to patch all occurrences.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Satangel said:
And would u mind making a short section about GC games?

If you write it, i will integrate it into the 1st post, but i can't write it on my own. I have no experience with region free gamecube gaming.

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to run your toy-r6 I need to install softchip first?
I do have softmii installed, is there any way I could use your toy to dump main.dol using that?

Actually am having the falling screen problem with the PAL game Rogue Trooper. My console and TV (standard tv with normal cables) are both NTSC. I already tried using the video patch option "PAL-2-NTSC" of generic wii patcher and burned the iso with patched main.dol but the screen is still scrolling up and down. I was hoping I could use your program to test different video modes of GWP and see if anything works.

Thanks

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hyp3rlink said:
So, to run your toy-r6 I need to install softchip first?
I do have softmii installed, is there any way I could use your toy to dump main.dol using that?

Actually am having the falling screen problem with the PAL game Rogue Trooper. My console and TV (standard tv with normal cables) are both NTSC. I already tried using the video patch option "PAL-2-NTSC" of generic wii patcher and burned the iso with patched main.dol but the screen is still scrolling up and down. I was hoping I could use your program to test different video modes of GWP and see if anything works.

Thanks

I'm sorry main.dol dumping doesn't work in the latest version. But it has direct video mode patches, maybe they help. There's no need to "install" SoftChip or my toy, both are supposed to run from the HBC, and you don't need anything from SoftChip to run my toy. I consider to release a new version of my toy with working main.dol dumping and "working" video mode patches. Well "", because patching doesn't work for all games, exceptions seem to be Rygar and Pikmin.

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I ran your toy and used the "Force Video Mode: PAL 576i -> NTSC 480" but still the game was running the same. Actually, this iso I had patched earlier with GWP (Pal-2-NTSC) and I had another unpatched iso which wasn't running at all previously!!

I gave the unpatched dvd a try with your toy and PAL 576i -> NTSC 480 and it works
smile.gif

Thanks again.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
*Edit: Download link for R7 removed, is it really that difficult to search for a download link?

mirrors please

Changelog:
- based on SoftChip R87 now
- patches only complete video mode objects(GXRModeObj in libogc)
- different patch modes, look at the meta.xml for details

Notes:
- NTSC 480p video mode is used for all progressive video modes, because the app would crash with the correct video mode(libogc bug?). But the memory setting which determines PAL or NTSC video mode is set correctly.
- doesn't work for some games, Rygar is one of these
- doesn't work for games with other .dols than the main.dol(you need to patch these before burning, and even then video mode patches might not work), most if not all of the games which require IOS Version patching for softmods belong to this group

BigEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry, but I really don't understand how this works.
I thought about patching the game before burning it!? But than I saw the dol for HBC!?

So, please let me ask... how does it work?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BigEN said:
Sorry, but I really don't understand how this works.
I thought about patching the game before burning it!? But than I saw the dol for HBC!?

So, please let me ask... how does it work?

The toy is a loader based on SoftChip, which loads the main.dol from disc(as ALL loaders do), patches the video modes inside of it, and then launches the game. And the toy is released as application for the HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay