Hacking How to patch a GBC file witg DLDI? (R4 DS)

lilfrankie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

New with patching and stuff..
But I saw that someone said that to run .gb or .gbc files on a R4, you have to patch them with DLDI (dldi is an other thing which I don't really get (why wanna patch .nds files, as they already work fine on a R4..
huh.gif
), but thanks to the readme.txt, I have it on my DS)

But now my question is ofcourse, how do I patch a .gbc file with DLDI to a .nds file or what?
Don't really get what I have to do and also what I am doing..

Thanx anyway and sorry for the trouble..

Frank

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well what you actually patch is the homebrew emulator that allows you to play the gb and gbc roms. It dooesn't actually turn the roms into a nds file. DLDI is for homebrew.

So, get the emulator. DLDI patch it for the R4. Put the patched nds onto your microSD card as well as a folder with gb/gbc roms in it. After that, fire up ur R4 and start the emulator.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
you need Goomba Color.

it's a GBC emulator for GBA ... so you can't run it on your R4

there's no GBC emulator for DS as far as I know...

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's at least two, but one of them (gnuboy port), is uber slow, and the other (dsboy by ethos) is somewhat slow. None that run at 100% that i know of.

S

spectral

Not from a GBA cart, which is what most people have. To play them without the emulator you need either one of the old GBC flash carts or a F2A with GB Bridge.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not from a GBA cart, which is what most people have. To play them without the emulator you need either one of the old GBC flash carts or a F2A with GB Bridge.

ah, I never bothered with gbc stuff on gba and I still had my old bung gb cart/xchanger at the time so didn't realise you couldn't use a gba flash cart to play them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1