Hacking How to partition my HD?

stab244

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is the wrong section, but it makes more sense here...

Anyways, I just got a 1.5 TB(!) HD and I want to know how I should partition it. I'll spend about 200 GB on games for my USB Loader GX, 500 GB for computer backups, and the last 800 GB or so for movies and what now. What I want to know is if it matters where I put the partition on the drive. If I were to partition it as I said right now, will my Wii be able to recognize right away which one is the WBFS drive or does the WBFS partition have to the first one? Thank you!

raztheraz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First make the 3 partitions. Make the 2 that you don't intend to use for the wii NTFS. Then the partition that is going to be for USB loader gx is to be made into raw data. Now, remember the letter that the partition is (C:,D:,E:, or whatever it is.) use a wbfs manager (i prefer WBFS Manager 3.0) and format it to WBFS through the program.

Hope this helps
smile.gif

stab244

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about if I decided to watch movies on it? Would the Wii get confused as to which drive to use?

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about GX , but i do know that the Configurable USB loader can play games from Fat32. No need to partition if you use it.

stab244

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... That's tempting...

EDIT: WiiBackupManager won't let me format my drive into FAT32 for some reason. Any help here?

EDIT2: Okay now it recognizes it, but I have to choose it first... Not to mention that it takes forever to load. Oh well, at least it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert +1