Hacking How to override saves???

Chockbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just dont understand how this works. So I want to convert a .sav file for a particular game, which I've been playing with VBA. I convert it to 0., all good, paste it into the GBA directory but it won't override the previous save game I have on there. I read you need to "flush your memory" or something by opening up a different game but that STILL didn't work what the hell am I doing wrong any help appreciated !!!!!

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First don't pay no attention to that...If you want to overide the old game save just replace and rename the new file with the .2 then go into the main gba menu then on the game click SELECT then click 2--Default...THEN THE NEW SAVE WILL BE THERE PLUS YOU WILL BE PLAYING WITH THE NEW SAVE...

Chockbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First don't pay no attention to that...If you want to overide the old game save just replace and rename the new file with the .2 then go into the main gba menu then on the game click SELECT then click 2--Default...THEN THE NEW SAVE WILL BE THERE PLUS YOU WILL BE PLAYING WITH THE NEW SAVE...

OK thanks for that that seems like less painful way to do it.
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you start up the G6, the first thing it does is write the save for the last game you played to the save file. If you replace the save file before this happens it will just get overwritten. Similarly, if you copy the save file to the computer before the G6 writes the last save to the file, you will not be copying the current save.

The solution is simple: before copying save files to or from the G6, start it up in the DS (or GBA), wait for it to process the save data, and then turn it off without starting a game. This will make sure that any save files you put on the G6 will not be overwritten, and any saves you back up will be the current ones.

Chockbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you start up the G6, the first thing it does is write the save for the last game you played to the save file. If you replace the save file before this happens it will just get overwritten. Similarly, if you copy the save file to the computer before the G6 writes the last save to the file, you will not be copying the current save.

The solution is simple: before copying save files to or from the G6, start it up in the DS (or GBA), wait for it to process the save data, and then turn it off without starting a game. This will make sure that any save files you put on the G6 will not be overwritten, and any saves you back up will be the current ones.

Ahhh thanks very much I understand now, its working now.
yaynds.gif

Edit: Also, is there any way to go back to the rom selection page quickly without switching the nds off and on again? Just thought I might as well post it here instead of makin another thread.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you patch a game with the U-disk manager, enable soft reset. Then you can press a button combination (I think it's L+R+A+B+X+Y, not sure though) to return to the menu.

Soft reset will break some games, so if you have a problem try patching without soft reset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu