How to override saves???

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Chockbi, May 8, 2007.

May 8, 2007

How to override saves??? by Chockbi at 2:59 PM (592 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Chockbi
    OP

Newcomer Chockbi Member

Australia
    I just dont understand how this works. So I want to convert a .sav file for a particular game, which I've been playing with VBA. I convert it to 0., all good, paste it into the GBA directory but it won't override the previous save game I have on there. I read you need to "flush your memory" or something by opening up a different game but that STILL didn't work what the hell am I doing wrong any help appreciated !!!!!

2. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    First don't pay no attention to that...If you want to overide the old game save just replace and rename the new file with the .2 then go into the main gba menu then on the game click SELECT then click 2--Default...THEN THE NEW SAVE WILL BE THERE PLUS YOU WILL BE PLAYING WITH THE NEW SAVE...

3. Chockbi
    OP

Newcomer Chockbi Member

Australia
    OK thanks for that that seems like less painful way to do it. [​IMG]

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    When you start up the G6, the first thing it does is write the save for the last game you played to the save file. If you replace the save file before this happens it will just get overwritten. Similarly, if you copy the save file to the computer before the G6 writes the last save to the file, you will not be copying the current save.

The solution is simple: before copying save files to or from the G6, start it up in the DS (or GBA), wait for it to process the save data, and then turn it off without starting a game. This will make sure that any save files you put on the G6 will not be overwritten, and any saves you back up will be the current ones.

5. Chockbi
    OP

Newcomer Chockbi Member

Australia
    Ahhh thanks very much I understand now, its working now. [​IMG]

Edit: Also, is there any way to go back to the rom selection page quickly without switching the nds off and on again? Just thought I might as well post it here instead of makin another thread.

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    When you patch a game with the U-disk manager, enable soft reset. Then you can press a button combination (I think it's L+R+A+B+X+Y, not sure though) to return to the menu.

Soft reset will break some games, so if you have a problem try patching without soft reset.