Hacking how to make R4 boot any .nds from Game (First) icon???

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Translation...?

And you don't have an R4. You have a cheap, low-quality clone of the original R4DS.
I have a recommendation: Get an AceKard 2i or a SuperCard DSONEi

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
zulu12 said:
Is there any way that I can make R4 boot any .nds file from the game icon?

I assume you mean boot an .nds file from the game icon on the official 1.18 firmware? I know you can encrypt .nds files into a _DS_Menu.dat file but I think it only works with firmwares that have been designed to work from this method. A much easier method is to rename the .nds file you want to load to _DS_MSHL.nds which will load from the middle button

QUOTE(macgeek417 @ Mar 1 2010, 10:26 PM) Translation...?

And you don't have an R4. You have a cheap, low-quality clone of the original R4DS.
I have a recommendation: Get an AceKard 2i or a SuperCard DSONEi

He could have an original R4 and telling him to get a better cart isn't as helpful as you may think

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can replace the menu entirely using r4crypt and encrypting the nds file to replace the bootmenu. I am not sure about the game icon. I think it is part of the menu dat. Best method is probably the one described above. Use the middle icon.

zulu12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
zulu12 said:
Is there any way that I can make R4 boot any .nds file from the game icon?
I suspect the true question is: can I have another firmware boot games from "game" icon within R4's GUI?
Please refer here, if this is accurate - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=193749

Well, Actualy I want to use the Game ICON to boot Dscovered.nds. Dscovered.nds is made by Spinal.

This is what I really want.

Game Icon - Boot Dscovered.nds
Multimedia - Boot Moonshell2

Is there any way I can do it?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that wasn't so hard was it?
Have you tried to ask the guy directly threw his homebrew thread? After all, he made it - he knows what it can/can't do.
Note: I'm pretty sure this question had already been posted in that thread and answered (could've even been you, for all I know).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.