Hacking How to make HBC auto load usb HD?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hypothetically could someone make a forwarder to the HBC where it automatically presses the "one" button?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only keep a handful of apps on my USB, and I use forwarders for all of those... if you have enough channels to use USB exclusively for apps, I would just remove the apps folder from your SD card.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Szalkow said:
I only keep a handful of apps on my USB, and I use forwarders for all of those... if you have enough channels to use USB exclusively for apps, I would just remove the apps folder from your SD card.

My wii hasn't had an sd card inserted for months. You don't really need them now.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say you could make a channel fairly easily that renames the "apps" folder on the SD card to something else, then loads HBC, thus loading with HBC pointed to USB. But then you'd need another channel for renaming the SD card "apps" folder back to "apps" and then loading HBC if you want to be able to load stuff from SD card too.

If you really need both USB and SD, you'd need both these channels and the original HBC. Unless an app can continue to execute code after a channel is launched, but I'm pretty sure it can't. (If it could, you could make the USB forwarder rename the SD "apps" folder back after loading HBC, but I'm pretty sure that is impossible).

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
smf said:
Szalkow said:

My wii hasn't had an sd card inserted for months. You don't really need them now.

you need one for bannerbomb

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
harmor said:
Hypothetically could someone make a forwarder to the HBC where it automatically presses the "one" button?

QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Jun 16 2010, 02:33 AM) I'm not sure if it would be possible, but if things like that were possible then it would totally kick ass because then to hack a wii you could cause a lot of steps to be automated. But something tells me that it would not work because of IOS reloads.

I'm pretty sure it would be impossible, not because of IOS reloads, but because only one piece of PPC code can run at a time, meaning if you run one app, then run another, the first is completely removed, so cannot "press" a button.

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
SifJar said:
I'm pretty sure it would be impossible, not because of IOS reloads, but because only one piece of PPC code can run at a time, meaning if you run one app, then run another, the first is completely removed, so cannot "press" a button.
SNEEK can do it.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
snikerz said:
SifJar said:
SNEEK can do it.

That's because SNEEK doesn't run on the PPC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare