Homebrew How To Load Action Replay 1.14 from SD Card on Homebrew?

Zookstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I have a problem.
How do I load the dol file of Action Replay 1.14 from SD Card and how do I make the AR 1.14 Homebrew app load the dol file?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The original gamecube AR disc didn't support SD cards or homebrew, without an exploit (it was released before the SD adapter)

If you want to load AR from a dol file on wii, this info might help. Start by installing the homebrew channel.

Copy and Paste from gscentral boards:
Credit to original poster Hells Guardian

Default Using The Action Replay GCN on the Wii Without a disk or AR Card!!!!

Someone has managed to get this all working. this is an app that will launch The GCN AR dol and then force load the Gamecube game with the codes in place. It will give you complete access to the uses and functions of the Gamecube Action replay.

Things you will need.

1. The Homebrew Channel installed on your wii.
2. An SD card for use with the wii homebrew channel.
3. At least one 3rd Party Gamecube Memory card. Two is best.
4. A way to copy the action replay save data to you Gamecube memory card in slot B (a homebrew app for the wii to do this is included however it wouldn't work for me.......) You may be able to just use the actual Action Replay card instead. I couldn't try that.... I don't have one.
5. A Gamecube controller. (Duh)
6. A gamecube Game.
7. The download linked to at this location.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XWRCAU7S

When you have all these things just do the following

First take the Rvl-mios-v5.wad.out.wad file and the ar114.dol and apps folder and place them in your front sd card root dir. If an apps directory already exists on your sd card then copy only the subfolders into the apps directory. Now from the Homebrew channel run the program Mios patch. This will patch your Mios to enable the loader and the homebrew loader for the gamecube as well. Just follow the onscreen instructions. (shouldn't cause any problems for any of your wii's GC Compatability)

Insert original Gamecube game then run the Action Replay Loader from the Homebrew Channel. It will load into Action Replay v1.14. You can now use cheats with your ORIGINAL Gamecube dvds. (Do not try to change which game you are using after you start the AR. I have yet to try it with a multi disk game so I can't say if it works or not.......)

I'll be uploading a Wad File at a later time that will install a channel directly to your system menu to load this.

This does work but often has compatability issues with certain memory Cards (official Nintendo brands do NOT work). If yours do not work I don't know what to tell ya........ Best of luck to everyone with this. I'm uploading a channel for it as I type. You will still have to have the other items on the SD card. this is just the loader that will launch the dol file for the AR.

Here is the Channel
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C53IR24A

You may want to start by taking a look at the memory card you are using, hope this helps!

Zookstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original gamecube AR disc didn't support SD cards or homebrew, without an exploit (it was released before the SD adapter)

If you want to load AR from a dol file on wii, this info might help. Start by installing the homebrew channel.

The Rvl-mios-v5.wad.out.wad is not showing in the MIOS Patching Wad Installer and the ar114.dol file is not showing up in the AR 1.14 loader. What can I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: lol