Hardware How to know if your TV will go black and white?

Marticuno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The situation is, a PAL Wii chipped with Wiinja, backuped freeloader PAL, and NTSC-U Brawl ORIGINAL.

How do I know if my tv will stay in color or go black and white? My tv is kinda old.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Marticuno said:
The situation is, a PAL Wii chipped with Wiinja, backuped freeloader PAL, and NTSC-U Brawl ORIGINAL.

How do I know if my tv will stay in color or go black and white? My tv is kinda old.

look at the backside of the tv there should somewhere be some text and there it should at least let you see if it supports 60hz

(at least all of the 3 tv's i have here have that lable on the left side at the backside)

/// not sure if it has something to do with the herz but still many ppl were talking about that as well so ...

Marticuno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks!
This that that you said made me google and I found some kind of manual for the TV.

It says:
Receiving systems:
PAL I/PAL -525/60
M.NTSC
NTSC AV only

Marticuno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So if I want to play brawl original with the backup of the freeloader I just have to wait?
frown.gif

Or play it in black and white...

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Marticuno said:
So if I want to play brawl original with the backup of the freeloader I just have to wait?
frown.gif

Or play it in black and white...
You could change your wii settings to 50hz? :| (or is the free loader forcing it to 60hz?)
also my tv should be black & white, but it isn't for some reason. maybe it it's the modchip doing something. atleast ntsc dvds are black&white. dunno.

Marticuno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm hoping you meant 50Hz, not MHz (that's alot of pictures in a second)
wink.gif

I don't think it works on 50Hz, think I saw someone say that.... Can anyone be nice and confirm?

Marticuno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bump for joy and giggles.

Another question as well:
How does SSBB NTSC-U backup show colors but not original with freeloader? :S
I'm confused.

Please answer
ph34r.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Sigh. RGB cables come with your damn Wii. Stop bullshitting about buying RGB cables

Brawl works in 50Hz, but either the screen will be cut off, or the game will run slowly, or choppy. It's best if you have a TV that does 60Hz. I can't speak for 480p, as I din't have component cables.

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Or you just wait for the Pal version(which is an opinion i know I will get flamed for but I'm out of dvd's at the moment and never had dual layer dvd's (though my dvd's will be here earlier than the pal release
smile.gif
))

Marticuno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
arctic_flame said:
Sigh. RGB cables come with your damn Wii. Stop bullshitting about buying RGB cables

Brawl works in 50Hz, but either the screen will be cut off, or the game will run slowly, or choppy. It's best if you have a TV that does 60Hz. I can't speak for 480p, as I din't have component cables.

Well yeah my TV supports 60hz, but I'm just afraid it will be black and white?

My situation is described in the first post, so can you confirm almost sure that it will run with color? My tv is not HD so no worries about 480P ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI