How to install Wood R4 on the regular R4.

How to install Wood R4 on the regular R4 or the Original 1:1 Clone.​
Wood R4 has been the best replacement to the official 1.18 firmware[which is shit by now] for your R4 and I'll do my best to teach you how to do it step by step and noob-compatible.(lol)​
Untitled-1.jpg

1: Download Wood R4.

1. Go to Filetrip. This is where Wood gets updated regularly(mostly 3 weeks after) Always download the latest version.
2. Click this image.
download.png

Then you wait for it to download. It's just a 1 MB file after all so it should be done in seconds.
3. Save it anywhere you want. The first place to come in mind will be either your downloads folder or the desktop.

4. Now, before anything else, make sure you have WinRar, 7Zip, or WinZip installed on your PC.
5. Now we will extract it. We can extract it on anywhere we want, just as long you'll remember it. The basic way is dragging the Wood_R4_v1.29 to your desktop or folder.

2: Installing Wood R4 on your Micro SD

1. Get your Micro SD and connect it up on your PC by using a card reader or the TF reader that comes with the R4. Usually it looks like this.
[thumb]http://www.technodiscount24.com/image/cache/data/GDSLFC04-500x500.jpg[/thumb]
2. Press your start orb and open Computer. My drive section is H:. Yours may vary.

3. We'll pretend that our folder is empty.( I already have the fw installed )
Simply drag the _rpg, and _DS_MENU.dat files/folders from the extracted Wood R4 file from Filetrip on your Micro SD. It takes only a second.
4. Right click and create a new folder. Name it anyway you want, but this is going to be where we'll place our ROMS(which we won't talk about in this tut)

-
Thanks SausageHead, added

Reactions: Simion

Infinite Zero

Almost!
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh man. I totally forgot about that
rofl.gif

Up to the mods if they'll remove this or not.
Doesn't matter to me anymore, oh and tksaturn's tutorial was all in one. This tut is basically for installing the firmware and a little extras

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice, but quite basic. And has quite a few errors. Sorry a list looks rude but it's the easiest way for me to explain:

Under '1: Download Wood R4.'
>Number 2. is in the wrong place.
>The hyperlink from 'Click this image' goes too far.

Under 2: Installing Wood R4 on your Micro SD (the first one)
>It's a mixture of number 1 and number 2. - Just delete it.

Under 2: Installing Wood R4 on your Micro SD (the second one)
>The picture of the card reader doesn't work, something wrong with the html there.

sandwichwater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the difference between normal r4 and wood r4 ¿ only difference ive been able to find is that wood comes with a default wood theme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong