Hacking How to install Wiiware on HDD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter miketh2005
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 6,369
  • Replies Replies 8

miketh2005

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
437
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
156
Country
United States
I was on the scene around auguest last year and they said It'd be coming out soon. How do I do it? I'm going on vacation in 12 hours and want to load some cavestory on my HDD, cause I'll be using my SD cards in my new DSi XL I'll be getting today (got Acekard 2i
biggrin.gif
)...
 
Look into UNEEK, its a mod of SNEEK, a really unique program that makes your wii think your sd card(sneek), or USB drive(UNEEK) is your NAND. An then use show miiwads, to install them directly to NAND on your hardrive. You need a dumped NAND to use with SNEEK/UNEEK, go ahead an use FS dumper, to dump your wii to a hardrive/sd card an then go from there.

Finally if that is too much, you still need a NAND dump via FS dumper, but you could go with triforce as well. Which allows you to run wads without installing them aka wiiware/vc etc..
 
Erm...no offense, but shouldn't you be asking this in the DS section?

This section is meant for hacking the wii console. I can tell you how to install wiiware on a USB drive, but it's by emulating the wii's NAND (=it's hard drive, so to speak). It also requires a wii to actually run it.



EDIT: nevermind this post: I misread the first post. Sorry.
 
ha wever I think I read his post wrong, if he indeed is trying to emulate vc dsware through dsi, that isn't possible as far as I know sorry.
 
No I believe this is in the correct section.

What he wants to do is to load Cavestory (WiiWare) from an USB device as he won't be able to use the SD card anymore (as he's going to use it with his new Acekard).

Try Triiforce
 
Oops...indeed. My bad.
shy.gif


In that case, I can't do much more than add a +1 for triiforce and sneek/uneek.
...or uloader, which also has a way to load wiiware from USB.
 
miketh2005 said:
Ya, I did but it won't arrive on time. Stupid chinese xD Thanks guys.
So the chinese are stupid for having their country so far away from the US so that shipments take longer than 12 hours?

Yeah...makes sense. And of course you're absolutely not to blame for not thinking about this earlier (you remind me of my boss, really).

But I'm glad things work out for you.
smile.gif
 

Site & Scene News