Gaming How to install Ultra Moon?

Skyleft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I have not messed with 3DS hacking in more than a year so this is my situation:
I have Luma 6.5 Installed, with FBI, and the ultra moon .cia
what do I have to do now? I don't have any way to boot up the homebrew channel, and after trying to install the .cia of it, it simply gives me a black screen, and installing the pokemon .cia with FBI does not work and stays at 0% forever.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Luma 6.5??? veeerrryyy old newest is 8.1.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you have B9S or Still A9LH (i assume A9LH since youre using 6.5)

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that side was the holy guide xD

another question since my thread is ignored. i have black squares on my home screen (like gameicon without pic) how do i get rid of them

Skyleft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the guide step by step, but when I insert my SD card into the 3DS and boot it up holding start, instead of getting the prompt to install boot9strap I simply get sent into the homebrew launcher?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
that side was the holy guide xD

another question since my thread is ignored. i have black squares on my home screen (like gameicon without pic) how do i get rid of them
For me those go away after updating the 3DS firmware. If they don't go away you might have accidentally installed titles to NAND that aren't supposed to go in NAND (can only be done with FBI 1.x)
Hi. I have not messed with 3DS hacking in more than a year so this is my situation:
I have Luma 6.5 Installed, with FBI, and the ultra moon .cia
what do I have to do now? I don't have any way to boot up the homebrew channel, and after trying to install the .cia of it, it simply gives me a black screen, and installing the pokemon .cia with FBI does not work and stays at 0% forever.
As others have mentioned you should update to B9S, however Luma 7.0.5 still works on A9LH and works with the latest 11.6 firmware and with 11.6 you should be able to install Pokemon.
Tried with select and it still didn't work
How are you booting CFW? Maybe you're using *hax (menuhax, browserhax etc), but that has been obsolete for far longer than a year.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
each black square is a title improperly installed title (sd title on nand or vice versa) if you know what title (try loading the black icon) you can find and delete via fbi. if you dont know then you can ctrtransfer your system lower then update

also sometimes luma patches will hit an unupdated title in your fw (happens if you have ever done a gamecard update) and toss up a black box but a normal update will fix that

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
normal update dont fix that. if i try to launch it i get luma error: exception type: prefetch abort (svcbreak)
faultstatus:debug event
process: menu

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real