Hacking How to install/access PAL Wii Shop Channel on NTSC-U Wii?

LieutenantPie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little bit of help with getting the PAL Wii Shop Channel on my NTSC-U Wii, does anyone know how I can do this? I'm sure I could run it on my emuNAND drive but I don't really know how to actually get the files required, I can't find them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The EUR Shop channel and the USA Shop channel actually use the same software.
If you want to download some games/channels from the PAL region, use Wii mod or any region changer to change the shop country code to UK.
(Wii mod and ARC will tell you which code is UK)
Warning: You will be unable to receive any pending gifts if you change the shop region. The shop channel will warn you the same.

LieutenantPie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works, but it wants me to update. I tried using WiiSCU to manually update the shop to v19 and IOS61 to v5661, but it couldn't get the files from whatever server is hosting them. is there a way to get these files locally?

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It works, but it wants me to update. I tried using WiiSCU to manually update the shop to v19 and IOS61 to v5661, but it couldn't get the files from whatever server is hosting them. is there a way to get these files locally?

The latest shop channel is v21
I don't think you can get the latest shop channel locally, since even just dance 2014's update partition only contains shop v20
NUS downloader can help you.

LieutenantPie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing the v20 shop channel by using NUS downloader and packing it as a wad, but that didn't work, I'm not sure where else to go with this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER