• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedycerv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I am I complete network nub. But I had trying setting up one of these street pass at home a while ago with my verizon router/modem but had issues and going to try again. So currently I have a comcast modem connected to an asus rt-ac68u. I saw a post earlier in this thread that it doesn't support streetpass at home. So do I assume I have to get another device, what is an easy noob friendly router/piece of hardware I can use to mac spoof? Thanks!

secretclean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded VirtualBox and installed Ubuntu on it. I just run the script in the OP and change my router's name and it should be okay? And run a program on Windows to MAC spoof the router address?

EDIT: OH, okay, so I need to get rid of this and put Homepass OS on VMWare instead and run that script. Do I still need to edit my router settings?

Last edited by secretclean,

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking for some advice from the GlacierGaming Homepass setup using nzone via cmd.

Set up nzone on my Win7 PC. Seems to be working great in general however I know the MAC cycling has a specific 256 MAC addresses? Can I simply open the mac file it 1st generated with notepad++ and add my own?

Also noticed I seem to get a lot of the same people at times... I assume that's due to others using the same Homepass setup as I get a range of people from 3 or 4 different countries.

Also would it be better to run Homepass a different way? For example through VMWare? Looking to put custom MAC addresses and have it cycle through through those and the general lot.

Last edited by skypirate123,
D

Deleted User

Looking for some advice from the GlacierGaming Homepass setup using nzone via cmd.

Set up nzone on my Win7 PC. Seems to be working great in general however I know the MAC cycling has a specific 256 MAC addresses? Can I simply open the mac file it 1st generated with notepad++ and add my own?

Also noticed I seem to get a lot of the same people at times... I assume that's due to others using the same Homepass setup as I get a range of people from 3 or 4 different countries.

Also would it be better to run Homepass a different way? For example through VMWare? Looking to put custom MAC addresses and have it cycle through through those and the general lot.
You can try NbaHomePass.

DarklyKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

I'm using the NbaHomePass V1, you can edit the txt files. I'm also getting the same person, haven't met anyone playing Yo-Kai Watch yet tho..

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the NbaHomePass V1, you can edit the txt files. I'm also getting the same person, haven't met anyone playing Yo-Kai Watch yet tho..

Yup constantly getting Luxembourg, N. Americans with a few Spanish and English. XHunter and Darth Vader I always see you!

Are there any working Japan MAC addresses? Been looking around on wigle but don't think they work.

DarklyKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yup constantly getting Luxembourg, N. Americans with a few Spanish and English. XHunter and Darth Vader I always see you!

Are there any working Japan MAC addresses? Been looking around on wigle but don't think they work.
Hahahahah I encountered them alot of time around 20 I guess by now? The ones actually playing games are either MH4U or Pokemon OR. Not sure bout Japanese MAC, but Im actually using only the MH and Yo-Kai Watch's MAC addresses yet to see anyone with Yo-Kai Watch, planning to fight them Yo-Kais tho..

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Hahahahah I encountered them alot of time around 20 I guess by now? The ones actually playing games are either MH4U or Pokemon OR. Not sure bout Japanese MAC, but Im actually using only the MH and Yo-Kai Watch's MAC addresses yet to see anyone with Yo-Kai Watch, planning to fight them Yo-Kais tho..

Only really seen a ton of Zelda Tri Force Heroes players. I'm looking for MonHunX streetpasses!

Itsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with Nba_Yoh's NbaHomepass.exe script. I have spent a few hours doing some google searches and looking through this thread, so please forgive me if the solution to my issues is a very simple fix that I missed!

I am able to connect my 3DS to the hotspot that my laptop creates through the script, and it appears that MAC addresses change as specified, but I am receiving no Streetpass hits. I have tried the following

• Sharing my parent WiFi adapter's internet connection with the hotspot created
  • Removing all internet settings from my 3DS to ensure that it is connected to the hotspot
  • Changing the type of Nintendo Zone I am creating
  • Changing the various input parameters of the script
  • Changing the DNS settings of the hotspot
I'm not sure why I am able to connect to the eShop, but I would appreciate any advice!

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is it just me or the ddwrt method stopped working ?

ok it's working anew

Last edited by keyra,

Knux1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah hey, i was actually finished with the nzone thing, just accepting it into my firewall. when i went to RClick "Local Area Connection 2" with a subname "Console3DS" or something similar, when my finger slipped on my tracpad and hit "disable". now the network wont show and i cant start nzone in the admins cmd prompt. any tips? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries