• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

So what do I type in the command prompt to stop NBAHomePass? It seems that even after I turn off my computer,then turn it back on,I have a streetpass.

Also... What do I type to reset the mac address?

Thanks for the help.

thex27

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for perhaps asking something that's been answered before, but the sheer length of this thread is quite overwhelming, especially for someone who's never heard of MACs before yesterday (except for those at Mcd's). Here's my story.

I have a Windows 7 64bit laptop, which has a built-in wireless card, and bought a TL-WN725N USB adapter, and a linksys router. The adapter was the one listed on GlacierGaming as the one being used for NBA/Nzone and can effectively change MACs.

I tried the Maccheck/Nzone/NBAhomepass method. After trying long and hard, even posting to reddit for help, this method seems to almost get me there (with NBAHomepass, not Nzone). But there is absolutely nothing I can do to make my 3DS truly connect and recognize my adapter as a Nintendo Zone. Maccheck never really worked and said something to the effect that the XSL format or file name was invalid and shut itself down instantly. I then used Macshift to test MAC changing and it worked. Running NBAHomePass after I deleted all saved connections within the 3DS, and it does show a blue internet logo despite not knowing any internet connection, meaning something good is happening somehow. Also, when going to internet settings, it lists "ConsoleNintendo3DS" as a potential connection. I have not connected to it, just left. No streetpasses after hours and hours of sleep mode. MAC addresses cycled and all, it just won't TRULY connect. I even made windows firewall exceptions for NBAhomepass too. Packets sent and received are very very tiny (barely 1000).

Then I tried that for 12 hours, went to sleep, and came back to it to no avail.

Decided to try something else. I went with a tutorial on youtube saying to use technitium and a virtual wireless network. No help.

Then I came here, found the VMWare method. Tried it, nothing still. Find attached a screenshot of what it says. I read through pages and pages of forums, youtube videos, and all.... 2 (frustrating) whole days have passed of me trying so many ways... Nothing.

Help please!

PS: Remember that I've only recently learned what a MAC is, please keep jargon at a minimum and make it a guide for dummies :) Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 200

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
do I need add NZ@McD1 to WIFI List? Since it seems not work on Windows 10.

Using Windows 10 and the VBS Script. It show NZ@McD1 = Internet so should work.

MOBSTER_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do I need add NZ@McD1 to WIFI List? Since it seems not work on Windows 10.

Using Windows 10 and the VBS Script. It show NZ@McD1 = Internet so should work.

NZ@McD1 and attwifi doesn't work anymore. Try nba homepass. No need to connect your 3ds to it. Just make sure your connected to your home wifi and close your 3ds. Be patient and you should start to recieve streetpasses.

Enith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really need help with this because I can't figure out what went wrong. Everything was working perfect with NbaHomepass up until a few days before the latest 3DS update, so I know it's not the updates fault. When I usually get a streetpass, my packets received usually go up to about 75,000, but now they keep hanging around 1,000 to 3,000, and I get no street passes. My firewall is fine, added all the exceptions, being this was working before I can't find what changed. I tried using a new USB dongle but they all do the same thing, low amount of packets. Does anyone know what my problem could suddenly be?

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to fix "No Network access or no Internet Access" after like 3-4 Cycle?

Edit: Also there is a alternative to NBAHomePass? Since this software work pretty hm "bad".

99% of the time it not connect my Wifi correctly or randomly disable HostedWifi (mode=disallow) so it cannot start Hosted Network.

So yeah. Hope some alternative is coming :)

Last edited by Enaske,

Bangaio64

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tried to setup homepass on my laptop (Windows 7, with ethernet + wifi), using the MAC Cycle method (have an XL with an old firmware for Tomodachi Collection). This works on my desktop; when I check the WLAN and virtual networks ("Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter") MACs there using ipconfig I can see them changing. However in the laptop only the WLAN changes, the hostednetwork stays the same. Also I lose wifi connection with the MAC changed, only way I found to fix is is running macshift (macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d) to revert it back to the original MAC (there is a button for this in MACCycle but it doesn't seem to work)

Tried maccheck.cmd got all zeros, that means I can't change the MAC? (I don't fully grasp why the wireless card is important when I'm sharing the hosted network with ethernet connection, but that's my limited technical knowledge on how this all works)

I would try the nbahomepass method on the desktop (for my up to date 3DS) but I'm worried about screwing up MacCycle and then not getting any streetpasses at all. I miss the days when this was so simple...

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it does, in fact mine started working again after I updated :D .
Cool.
Also, any tips to "improve" streetpass possibilities? I found I have to close my New 3DS olny about half the time, but my old 3DS's (yes, i have 2 old 3DS systems) one collects while the other doesn't collect. They don't have the latest up date but the almost latest.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would try the nbahomepass method on the desktop (for my up to date 3DS) but I'm worried about screwing up MacCycle and then not getting any streetpasses at all. I miss the days when this was so simple...
you'll get streetpasses, just not all the time. You can always reset the macaddresses. i can't remember how ATM.

Deleted member 372070

Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone with frustration, NbaHomePass seems to not work on Windows 10. I have only managed to get it working on Windows 7 so far.

Diagnoses on Windows 10:
- Sharing Internet connection will make IPv4 show up as Internet, without any further functionality added.
- Setting the IP address and mask to 192.168.137.1 and 255.255.255.0 will result in receiving packets with no further functionality.

Even with the above occurring, I did not manage to get any StreetPass hits for hours straight. However, with Windows 7, after sharing Internet, things just work right away.

Tests were performed on the same device on both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

If you are desperate and you really want to install Windows 7 next to your existing system, you can grab it officially from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/home

A dual-boot article can be found here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/install-multiple-operating-system-multiboot#1TC=windows-7

Last edited by Deleted member 372070,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y