Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaGrimm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, this happened to me once before and the nzone.exe creator cleared his server cache and it fixed it. It just happened again so I've contacted him (just now actually), and he says if it's on his end -- and not just Nintendo's -- he'll look at it again today.

...Are... is your Mii also called Dea Grimm? I could swear I've come across that same exact Mii name from Brazil in my plaza a few times recently. (Well, when homepass worked.)

Yup. DeaGrimm is my default NN pretty much everywhere.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
It suprized me how many people are using a pony with a wifi antenna, that's the problem, i use a monkey with wifi in the top of his tail, The tail is always up, the monkey sits in trees, much higher ground and way better reception/sending, it jumps around from tree to tree, it gives me alot more different people that way, i'll tell you, a monkey is way better then a pony!!!

Befuddled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup. DeaGrimm is my default NN pretty much everywhere.

Cool! Mine is "Krapht" :)

Hope at least some of you using nzone.exe see some progress soon. duke_srg (nzone.exe's creator) just told me he cleared the cache again. Lo and behold, my first streetpasses in 2 days popped up immediately.

...I wonder how long before I bite the bullet and try something that costs me more money and setup, like Spillpass. Tempted.

Reactions: DeaGrimm

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this problem has been fixed for everyone now... that use nzone.exe. Are the rest of us screwed?

Befuddled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this problem has been fixed for everyone now... that use nzone.exe. Are the rest of us screwed?

Technically it's NOT the same problem, though with the same outcome (no streetpasses). :( Hopefully others will chime in to help you out if they see your posts and know something that might help.

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically it's NOT the same problem, though with the same outcome (no streetpasses). :( Hopefully others will chime in to help you out if they see your posts and know something that might help.

But... is it a coincidence that everyone stopped receiving StreetPasses 2-3 days ago? And yet one method has a fix and the others don't? I find that confusing is all. I appreciate your concern.

DeaGrimm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cool! Mine is "Krapht" :)

Hope at least some of you using nzone.exe see some progress soon. duke_srg (nzone.exe's creator) just told me he cleared the cache again. Lo and behold, my first streetpasses in 2 days popped up immediately.

...I wonder how long before I bite the bullet and try something that costs me more money and setup, like Spillpass. Tempted.

I guess the owner of nzone.exe script will have to implement a periodic cache clearing routine.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks. Is a TP-Link TL-WR741N, ver 4.21 with DD-WRT build 21061. With the first versions of the script I didn't have any trouble, but I was using "attwifi" as SSID and now I'm using "NZ@McD1" now.

Where should I put that DNS? wireless router? homepass router?

If you use that router, just use an open SSID of either "attwifi" or 'NZ@McD1" and use this script:

Code:
*/5 * * * * root ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth1 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && ifconfig eth1 up

This changes MACs randomly every 5 minutes, change the 5 to any interval you like and you are happily getting SPs!

Befuddled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess the owner of nzone.exe script will have to implement a periodic cache clearing routine.

He mentioned, in passing, that he may "make a scheduled cache cleanup." Hoping he does, and hoping it at least removes this one cause of issue for those of us even affected by it.

Forgot to mention, he said something about how my authentication key may be getting "stuck" like this (thereby requiring a cache cleanup on his end) if my computer had shut down while the script was running and actively trying to exchange my "key" with his server at the moment of shutdown. Thinking back, the laptop I'm running this on DID overheat and shut down in the middle of the night a couple days ago. (It's a pretty old laptop, sadly.) And I wouldn't be surprised if the other person who uses it (very rarely) may have rebooted while the script was still up.

I don't know if this would help any of you, but figured I'd mention it.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
If you use that router, just use an open SSID of either "attwifi" or 'NZ@McD1" and use this script:

Code:
*/5 * * * * root ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth1 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && ifconfig eth1 up

This changes MACs randomly every 5 minutes, change the 5 to any interval you like and you are happily getting SPs!
Thanks, I tried using that script but it didn't work. I already have witn no password the connection and I tried changing the interval.

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you delete your own posts??

I just reflashed my DD-WRT .bin file and immediately StreetPasses came pouring in! I can't believe it was that simple! I just figured, why not and BAM! So I wish I could delete all of my posts asking for help...

Reactions: Lord Boogie

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, I tried using that script but it didn't work. I already have witn no password the connection and I tried changing the interval.

Can you check with inSSIDer if your router at least switches MACs? If it does, then you have to check your DNS settings.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Can you check with inSSIDer if your router at least switches MACs? If it does, then you have to check your DNS settings.

I checked and is not changing MACs. Also, I don't think that is a DNS problem because the homepass works by changing manually the MAC in the MAC Address Clone option directly.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I checked and is not changing MACs. Also, I don't think that is a DNS problem because the homepass works by changing manually the MAC in the MAC Address Clone option directly.
This us the DNS problem. If you have homrpass router in AP or bridge mode, DNS may not be configured at all, but as soon as script runs on a router itself, it needs to resolve domain names. So either change router mode to router/home gateway or find the method to configure the DNS server on it.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RelayMyHome is still confirmed working on Mavericks using the latest firmware N3DSXL. Yosemite, not so much.

Just back up bootps.plist from LaunchDaemons to a different directory. (For me I put it on the Desktop.)

mene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having some nzone.exe related problems, even after seeing some posts in-thread saying that method was fixed:

I'm running nzone.exe on a laptop with Vista and a TPLink wireless adapter. Up until I tried getting the new Monster Hunter Puzzle Swap panel, it was working fine.

Now, I can get one streetpass tag, then no more.

Anything I can try?

Lolindir

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone tried setting a Oneplus One ? I'm kinda lost :( I tried with Streetpass Riilay, Android Wifi Tethet and other similar apps... I can't understand why it doesn't work.

puxxi2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
helllo,

maybe i can help someone or i didn't understand anything

sooo, i tried every guide, windows, linux and pi
win 8/10, opensuse132/ubuntu14, didn't get any image to run on my pi
mostly all the guides work, but my N3DSXL (V9.5.0-23E) wont get any streetpass

the only thing working for me is:
set up my router to ssid:NZ@McD1, no wlan-protection
running nzone.exe on windows

so windows cycling the mac adresses (ConsoleNintendo3DS) and my N3DSXL (V9.5.0-23E) has internet connection through my router

i find no other way to get it to work, after 4-5 hours i meet 78 people :-)

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
RelayMyHome is still confirmed working on Mavericks using the latest firmware N3DSXL. Yosemite, not so much.

My script (XZone) is running fine on Yosemite (for me, at least), and it'd be great if you could give it a go and see if it works for you. You can find it at https://github.com/h0bd0b1in/XZone. It does pretty much everything you need (although I'm always adding more useful stuff to it), all you have to do is switch on Internet Sharing, you don't even need to set the SSID or anything in SysPrefs, the script will take care of all that for you. :)

Going to update my previous post in a bit with features and stuff so it's more informative.

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whats the "ConsoleNintendo3DS" SSID used for anyway?
I thought either "attwifi" or NZ@McD1" are supposed to be used as described here.

For now I'll just stick with "attwifi", I got the most positive results with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: