XP
Country
United States
OK, so I got DD-WRT working... great.

I even followed this from page 1:

http://imgur.com/a/a07os

I did MAC Address Clone --> Enable --> 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
I did Wireless --> Virtual Interface --> attwifi
And lastly, Wireless Security --> My Router (WPA2), Virtual Router (None)

The link that I set up on my 3DS successfully connected to the Internet... Seems like it's all good.

My NintendoZone icon isn't blinking...

BUT I JUST GOT 6 STREETPASSES! OMFG!!! Thanks to everyone who explained all of this to me!

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Some months have passed, I got a lot of new puzzles on Mii Plaza and I tried using duke_srg's latest script (wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP) on my DDWRT router without success, I got a line "/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found".
What can I do? Is there a new script that I haven't been aware of? Thanks in advance.

cloudiejy

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
the nzone.exe method just stopped working for me all of a sudden like 12 hours ago, any faces the same problem?
it was working flawlessly before.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some months have passed, I got a lot of new puzzles on Mii Plaza and I tried using the latest script (wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP) on my DDWRT router without success, I got a line "/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found".
What can I do? Is there a new script that I haven't been aware of? Thanks in advance.

First thing you can do to help you, is to mention which router you have (brand, model, version number and DD-WRT build number). Otherwise it is pretty much impossible to help you out.

ssjbloodwar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ssjbloodwar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some months have passed, I got a lot of new puzzles on Mii Plaza and I tried using the latest script (wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP) on my DDWRT router without success, I got a line "/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found".

try dns 8.8.8.8
sorry for double post

Innerkitten

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the nzone.exe method just stopped working for me all of a sudden like 12 hours ago, any faces the same problem?

It stopped working for me on Thursday or Friday, I don't know why it stopped working. So yes, I have the same problem. I've also tried rebooting the computer to make sure it's not my wifi adapter (my TP Link likes to crash for some reason). Anyone know why it's not working?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
a quetsion here ..there are any easy way to do it with emunand? you know, if I go to settings to disable my normal conection, I have to start emunando over again ...

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there.

I am running a Homepass since a couple of days now (You probably got my Mii, already :P ) and stumbled upon really weird stuff.
Some hardware do use methods to activate AP-Mode which are completely different to any guides.

For example, I run Homepass with this: BIGtec 150Mbit nano USB WLAN Stick Adapter
It has an Ralink RT5370 chipset, capable of AP-Mode aaaand here is where the madness starts.

1.) When switching the WLAN-Adapter into AccessPoint-mode, it creates a Virtual Wifi-Adapter.
2.) The Virtual WiFi-Adapter completely ignores the HostedNetwork-Settings, so no "netsh wlan set HostedNetwork" for this.
3.) It uses an unencrypted Ad-Hoc on the hardware adapter, which is acknowledged by Windows. (Can turn it on and off that way)
4.) While the UNENCRYPTED Ad-hoc is connected, it can use ENCRYPTED connections. O-o
To explain:

All settings have to be done with the Ralink Connection Manager (RCM), all other settings just get ignored.
If I setup an encrypted SSID via RCM, the one Windows sees is an Unencrypted Ad-hoc, but it really is encrypted.
If I change the encryption on the Windows Ad-hoc, it gets reset to unencrypted.

So it does an encrypted SSID over unencrypted SSID. >_>

5.) The WLAN-Stick Drivers crashes after switching the MAC's 4 times. (I had set timeout to 15, drivers don't like that i guess)
Didn't found out the reason :(
It worked properly the next day again.
I set the name of the Virtual Wifi-Adapter to "attwifi" before, probably this interfered somehow and broke it.

Right now, I somehow managed to have MACycle 2.0 beta 1.71 work (which doesn't work correctly anyway) with this piece of hardware.

Here is where my second analysis starts.

Due to reasons - I don't want to have an open AP running 24/7 , so I had to play with the settings (to secure that thing) and here is what I found out:

The 3DS ( I own a n3DS ) completely ignores (sorta) encrypted "attwifi", even if it has the password for it.
But, the problem herein isn't the connection.

The 3DS seems to send all connection data (SSID, password, MAC) to the Nintendo Servers.
On an encrypted "attwifi", it just ends after that step.
On an open "attwifi", it forwards to the StreetPass-Servers (even if I correctly setup encrypted attwifi in the 3DS settings before).
I can't tell specific details wtf Nintendo exactly did, because the traffic is encrypted.

So, I can't use encrypted "attwifi" for StreetPasses >_>
Next try.

MAC filtering, duh. This is no security. Setup anyway.
Next try.

Hiding the attwifi SSID... This isn't security. The 3DS doesn't find it either, so it has to be visible. Failed.
Next try.

Tuning down the TX Power. Well, I wonder how much % "Low" appears to be.
There is no way to set it to 5% or 10%, which would cover only the inside of a single room (hopefully).
Next try.

So, in that case I wrote a small script, which is then set into windows scheduling.
This small script turns off the Wi-Fi after login, so I have to enable it by another script or MACycle directly.

As long I farm StreetPasses, MACycle does messup the connection as soon it shifts the MAC , so anyone who tries to download stuff over it just either gets:
- Disconnected every 7 Minutes
- Has a connection slower then GPRS thanks to "Low" TX Power.

As soon a 3DS blinks green, it doesn't use the Homepass Connection anymore, all data have been already sent/recieved .
Here is where you could turn off the Wifi manually, for example.

If there was a way to setup a firewall, so only the 3DS can access the internet or rather all Nintendo Related Servers, this connection can be secured properly.
But the downside: Someone has to gather all hostnames/IP of each and every StreetPass-Game!
I only own 3 games for now: FE:A, Smash Bros, StreetPass-Lobby and Tomodachi is arriving this week.
Sidenote: In Fire Emblem you can't use StreetPass unless you cleared chapter 3 or 4, you need to set it up after it unlocks.
In Smash, you have to enable it manually.
(Got only 3 StreetPasses for Smash, where I got HUNDREDS for the Mii-Lobby, lol)

The other problem I encountered is with MACycle 2.0 beta 1.71 itself.
All other functions besides "Basic MAC" and it's cycling do not work for unknown reasons...
But I better post that into the right thread, so Team Fail (oh the irony) can fix that (please? )

And since I (or rather my family) lives somewhere outside major city, I was thinking about getting this:
Signal King 20DBI Outdoor USB Wireless Adapter Antenna 150Mbps ) :huh:

This antenna covers 3 km (4 miles ? ) and I am not sure if in diameter or radius.
This would seed almost 5% of the entire city they live in, including several schools. xD
But 2 Watts may be really bad for their health, so I am not buying this for indoor use.
Just in case you want to include other people's StreetPasses (and we find a way to secure it tight) and you have a house with access to the roof you can buy that WLAN-Adapter.

ArchangelPT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, wondering if this still works for the new 3ds and as a windows user what's the cheapest way i can get this to work? I have no rooted android devices or even a wireless card on my pc

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

YES! It was about 20 hours ago for me! I use the DD-WRT method on my Belkin N+ Router and I've only been using it since Friday night! I was so damn excited! And then, since yesterday, I keep changing my MAC address and no StreetPasses anymore! What's happening?! Someone fix it!! Please?

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
First thing you can do to help you, is to mention which router you have (brand, model, version number and DD-WRT build number). Otherwise it is pretty much impossible to help you out.

Thanks. Is a TP-Link TL-WR741N, ver 4.21 with DD-WRT build 21061. With the first versions of the script I didn't have any trouble, but I was using "attwifi" as SSID and now I'm using "NZ@McD1" now.

try dns 8.8.8.8

sorry for double post

Where should I put that DNS? wireless router? homepass router?

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original post where I describe what I did to make it work is post #5305. With instructions provided to me in post #5301 by Lord Boogie. It all worked! It was 3 easy steps, no scripts, no cyclers, no command prompts. It took 2 seconds (once I figured out what the hell was going on!) to turn the damn thing on. I wouldn't know what to do differently!

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, wondering if this still works for the new 3ds and as a windows user what's the cheapest way i can get this to work? I have no rooted android devices or even a wireless card on my pc

Try the nzone.exe method for windows in the "READ THIS BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE" bit on the first post. You'll need a pc or laptop with a wifi card and an ethernet port.

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Is a TP-Link TL-WR741N, ver 4.21 with DD-WRT build 21061. With the first versions of the script I didn't have any trouble, but I was using "attwifi" as SSID and now I'm using "NZ@McD1" now.

Where should I put that DNS? wireless router? homepass router?

Hey, I happen to have a TP-Link WN722N, I recently found out I could do DD-WRT and I've been using the straight-up router method... How did you do yours with a wireless adapter? I'm considering giving it a try since people have solutions for your method.

DeaGrimm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Windows (native) method a.k.a. nzone.exe method stopped working for me 3 days ago... And I've seen a number of people complaining about the same thing.

4 days ago I was getting 50+ street-passes a day using the nzone.exe script and then nothing.

I have a Sagemcom f@st3184

Running the nzone.exe starts a Microsoft Virtula Wifi MiniPort Adapter.

As I said before, it used to work and now it's not working anymore. Funny think though, I still get SpotPass Notifications, but no StreetPasses anymore. I can see in Control Panel -> Internet and Network -> Connections and Network that the connection with the 3DS gets restarted every 2~3 minutes.

Befuddled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Windows (native) method a.k.a. nzone.exe method stopped working for me 3 days ago... And I've seen a number of people complaining about the same thing.

4 days ago I was getting 50+ street-passes a day using the nzone.exe script and then nothing.

I have a Sagemcom f@st3184

Running the nzone.exe starts a Microsoft Virtula Wifi MiniPort Adapter.

As I said before, it used to work and now it's not working anymore. Funny think though, I still get SpotPass Notifications, but no StreetPasses anymore. I can see in Control Panel -> Internet and Network -> Connections and Network that the connection with the 3DS gets restarted every 2~3 minutes.

Yeah, this happened to me once before and the nzone.exe creator cleared his server cache and it fixed it. It just happened again so I've contacted him (just now actually), and he says if it's on his end -- and not just Nintendo's -- he'll look at it again today.

...Are... is your Mii also called Dea Grimm? I could swear I've come across that same exact Mii name from Brazil in my plaza a few times recently. (Well, when homepass worked.)

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's even more depressing to know that people have been doing this for over a year or even months, getting 50+ StreetPasses a day. I was getting 18-24 per day (6 met at a time, 4 MACs a day) and it only lasted for TWO DAYS! Why did this have to happen now??

And I ask again, apparently there is a way to flush the cache of this nzone.exe... but what of those of us NOT using that (my Norton removes it at every opportunity and running it was a bust)?? I mean, just thinking that this cache can be flushed, but if those of us NOT using it have no way to fix it, doesn't that imply it's not the script, that it's Nintendo?

Befuddled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's even more depressing to know that people have been doing this for over a year or even months, getting 50+ StreetPasses a day. I was getting 18-24 per day (6 met at a time, 4 MACs a day) and it only lasted for TWO DAYS! Why did this have to happen now??

And I ask again, apparently there is a way to flush the cache of this nzone.exe... but what of those of us NOT using that (my Norton removes it at every opportunity and running it was a bust)?? I mean, just thinking that this cache can be flushed, but if those of us NOT using it have no way to fix it, doesn't that imply it's not the script, that it's Nintendo?

I know, it can be frustrating. But just so this doesn't get confused any further -- the only reason clearing a server's cache is an option for nzone.exe is because of how that particular script works, going through (or checking?) the creator's server. If you are NOT using the nzone.exe method, you wouldn't even have this problem. So, no, those of us using the nzone.exe method do not have an EXTRA "way to fix not-working homepasses." If anything, we have an extra hurdle. :\ If you are using one of the many other methods, and still having problems, then your problems are completely unrelated. There is nothing the nzone.exe script creator, or anyone else, can do to fix homepasses if there actually is a problem on Nintendo's end. The problem some of us nzone.exe users seem to be encountering is with nzone.exe, not Nintendo.

This is how it's been explained to me by the script creator, anyway. Hope that clears it up some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves