Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried. It doesn't appear to do anything aside from changing the SSID to ConsoleNintendo3DS, and my 3DS can't even pass stage one of the connection test.

Tried maccheck.cmd just to be sure, and it worked fine.

As long as it comes up saying a Nintendo Zone is available your fine. Are you running BASE16 or BASE256?

BASE256 tends to not always work. I would recommend 16. Also try starting the Nintnedo Zone app as well. :)

UPDATE:

I've found on BASE16 that if you let it run the whole 30minutes it seems to Pass on the 28th Minute.

So weird..lol

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as it comes up saying a Nintendo Zone is available your fine. Are you running BASE16 or BASE256?

Was running 256, switched to 16 and got the same results. I feel like the guide is missing a lot. Am I supposed to configure anything in the 3DS Internet Settings, or is it supposed to work right off the bat? After typing "nzone.exe start BASE16" in the cmd prompt, is it supposed to do (seemingly) nothing and then bring me right back to "C:\"? Does the guide assume you have absolutely no hostednetwork pre-configured on your PC?

Sorry for all the questions.

EDIT: Deleted my hostednetwork settings and erased all connections on the 3DS. It now detects the Nintendo Zone, but doesn't get any streetpass hits.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Was running 256, switched to 16 and got the same results. I feel like the guide is missing a lot. Am I supposed to configure anything in the 3DS Internet Settings, or is it supposed to work right off the bat? After typing "nzone.exe start BASE16" in the cmd prompt, is it supposed to do (seemingly) nothing and then bring me right back to "C:\"? Does the guide assume you have absolutely no hostednetwork pre-configured on your PC?

Sorry for all the questions.

EDIT: Deleted my hostednetwork settings and erased all connections on the 3DS. It now detects the Nintendo Zone, but doesn't get any streetpass hits.

Yeh remove your settings from your 3DS.

You are right the guide is not very "complete" so to speak.

I find its best to check your status of your connection. If your using IP4 or IP6 make sure it has access to the Internet via a shared connection.

Check to see if any data packets are being received. If not don't lose hope. Just wait the full 30 minutes if not stop the connection by typing nzone.exe stop in the command prompt.

type nzone.exe reload and nzone.exe start BASE16

Also check your connections MAC ID.

mwoody

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means that at least one dumb is spamming a MAC list with no delay, so you're getting his spotpass data twice and MiiPlazza won't show you twins :)

Ohhhhh gotcha, thanks. Maybe I'll randomize my MAC list a little to see if I have better luck.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find its best to check your status of your connection. If your using IP4 or IP6 make sure it has access to the Internet via a shared connection.
Yup.
Check to see if any data packets are being received.
EDIT 2: Aha, got a hundred-thousand packets! Did some fiddling with IPv4 and Sharing settings. Still no streetpasses, though.
If not don't lose hope. Just wait the full 30 minutes if not stop the connection by typing nzone.exe stop in the command prompt. type nzone.exe reload and nzone.exe start BASE16
EDIT: Tried this a few more times and it did end up changing the MAC. No streetpasses, though.

Just out of curiosity, is there a method of using an already existing MAC-switcher to... switch MACs?

EDIT 3: I've gotten three separate streetpasses now. It's very unreliable. After each hit, I reload and restart 256, then disable and re-enable network sharing. If it works, I repeat. If it doesn't, I repeat. Sometimes I'll get a hit right after reloading, sometimes not until after I re-enable network sharing.

nokenoke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,I'm Japanese.
I cannot speak English.
I write while using translation by google.
sorry.

I was able to connect to the "street pass" by using the "nzone.exe".
And such as Italian and American I was able to "Street Pass".
However I was not able to "Street Pass" with Japanese.
I Tried:
c:\nzone.exe start BASE256
c:\nzone.exe start BASE256,1,18,49,77,78,94
c:\nzone.exe start BASE256,1

Please tips that can "Street Pass" with Japanese.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
frogboy nzone.exe does everything for you, just need to remove any virtual router software to prevent interfering and temporary disable third party firewall/antivirus software for the same reason.

Thadir ifconfig looks like you have a dualband. Qualcomm/Atheros router with virtually SSIDs on both bands. Remove virtual SSIDs if any, script won't work with it and anyway physical interface restart required to change MAC so all interfaces will be triggered. Second, I need output for
cat /tmp/nzone; cat /process/cpuinfo

nokenoke It will be possible only if several people from Japan will use this method.

nokenoke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nokenoke It will be possible only if several people from Japan will use this method.[/quote]

thanks for reply
I was using the "nzone.exe" from last December around .
At that time I was able to be a "street pass" with the Japanese .
However , I was no longer able to "streetpass" with the Japanese from after updating the "nzone.exe" in January of this year.
Can "nzone.exe "not play "street pass" with "attwifi" and "NZ@McD1"?

Sorry in poor English.

xDarkneko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm "trying" to use the Android method but I seem to be having trouble with it.
I'm using a Sony Ericsson XPERIA mini ST15i and it is rooted.

The 3DS says it's connected but I'm not getting StreetPass or anything. My 3DS is also updated to the latest firmware if that's the problem?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yeh I thnk it still won't work either as I'm sure the Nintendo Zones are flagged to not work with a password.

duke is the best guy to check with. Sure you need uptodate firmware though for passing.
does he have any guide here ?

SaebaRyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I submitted to Bitdefender labs the url used by the nzone script so Bitdefender users shouldn't be bothered by that point anymore (I should have submitted the script by itself as well ...):

It was fine on my new pc (With this ugly Win 8), no more block from Bitdefender.

I still have to figure out a way to have homepass work on my new pc now :(

(built-in wireless doesn't support Mac address change and no matter which drivers I set, my TP-Link dongle keep being recognize as a simple "USB WLAN ...")

I just ordered a TP-Link Router so let's see in 2 days

Thadir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
frogboy nzone.exe does everything for you, just need to remove any virtual router software to prevent interfering and temporary disable third party firewall/antivirus software for the same reason.

Thadir ifconfig looks like you have a dualband. Qualcomm/Atheros router with virtually SSIDs on both bands. Remove virtual SSIDs if any, script won't work with it and anyway physical interface restart required to change MAC so all interfaces will be triggered. Second, I need output for

nokenoke It will be possible only if several people from Japan will use this method.

Hey duke interesting this is the result of the commands im quite sure the process cpuinfo didnt work so ill get back on that.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
WLINT=$(nvram get wl0_ifname)
WLMAC=$(nvram get ${WLINT}_hwaddr)
WLSSID=$(nvram get ${WLINT}_ssid)
JOBS=$(nvram get cron_jobs)
HOSTAPDCONF=/tmp/${WLINT}_hostap.conf
HOSTAPDPID=/var/run/${WLINT}_hostapd.pid
PS=TAPDPIpsuot;/r
URL=http://nintendozone.no-ip.org?
MACS=/tmp/${0##*/}.macs
SPDELAY=480
MACNUM=0
setwl (){
    ifconfig $WLINT down hw ether $1 up
    sed -ri  $WLINs/^(bssid=).*?/$1/;s/^(ssid=).*?/$2/
    while ! hostapd -B -P $HOSTAPDPID $HOSTAPDCONF; do
        PID=$($PS | grep $HOSTAPDPID | grep -v grep | sed 's/^ *//' | cut -d ' ' -f 1)
        : ${PID:+$(kill $PID)}
        sleep 1
    done
}
case
start)
    echo starting ${0##*/}>&2
    if [ -z $2 ]; then
        nvram set cron_jobs=}>&2
    else
        nvram set cron_jobs=}>&2
    fi
;;
stop)
    echo stopping ${0##*/}>&2
    setwl $WLMAC $WLSSID
    nvram set cron_jobs=
;;
toggle)
    if $($0 status); then
        $0 stop
    else
        $0 start
    fi
;;
restart)
    $0 stop
    $0 start
;;
reload|force-reload)
    echo ${0##*/} MAC lists reloaded>&2
    rm -f $MACS
;;
status)
    if $(echo S
        echo ${0##*/} is not running>&2
        exit 1
    else
        echo ${0##*/} is running>&2
        exit 0
    fi
;;
*)
    [ -f $MACS ] && MACNUM=$(grep -v ^x $MACS | wc -l) && DELAY=$((($(date +%s)-$(date -r $MACS +%s))/60))
    [ $MACNUM = 0 ] && NEWMACS=$(wget -q -O - $URL$1)
    [ $(echo -n 0 ] &&$NEWMACS=$(wge | wc -c) != 0 ] && echo AY=$(($NEWMACS+%s)-$ > $MACS && MACNUM=$(cat $MACS | wc -l)
    [ $MACNUM = 0 ] && sed -ri $(wge s/^x//c) !=  $MACS && MACNUM=$(grep -v ^x $MACS | wc -l)
    MACTOTAL=$(cat $MACS | wc -l)
    [ $MACNUM = 0 ] || ([ $MACTOTAL -lt $SPDELAY ] && [ ${DELAY:-$SPDELAY} -lt $(($SPDELAY/$MACTOTAL)) ]) && exit
    RANDOM=$(head /dev/urandom | hexdump -d | head -n 1 | sed -r $SPDELs/^([0-9]+ +0{0,4})+//ACTOTA)
    MAC=$(grep -v ^x $MACS | head -n $(($RANDOM%${MACNUM}+1)) | tail -n 1)
    sed -ri ep -v s/^$MAC/x&/head - $MACS
    SSID=$(echo $MAC | cut -d , -f 2 -s)
    MAC=$(echo $MAC | cut -d , -f 1)
    : ${SSID:=$WLSSID}
    setwl $MAC $SSID
;;
esac
stopservice cron
startservice cron
cat: can't open '/process/cpuinfo': No such file or directory

Thadir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

So the command was: cat /proc/cpuinfo
Code:
system type        : Atheros AR7161 rev 2 (0xaa)
processor        : 0
cpu model        : MIPS 24Kc V7.4
BogoMIPS        : 452.19
CPUClock        : 680
wait instruction    : yes
microsecond timers    : yes
tlb_entries        : 16
extra interrupt vector    : yes
hardware watchpoint    : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0ffc, 0x0ffc, 0x0ffb, 0x0ffb]
isa            : mips1 mips2 mips32r1 mips32r2
ASEs implemented    : mips16
shadow register sets    : 1
kscratch registers    : 0
core            : 0
VCED exceptions        : not available
VCEI exceptions        : not available

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thadir that was
cat /proc/cpuinfo
Damn T9 :(
nzone script is generated with errors by install script. I'll check the issue tomorrow, please stand by for a while.

Reactions: Thadir

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
9.4 3DS
install router script again yestoday
mac change well but no homepass
why?
ssid attwifi no password

* 22-9 * * * root /tmp/nzone BASE256,18,49,77,78,94

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i went back reread the guide on page one set it back up but every so often the nzone will connect to my n3ds and blink yet no passes still not sure what i did wrong or doing wrong would love to get streetpass on FFEX on my n3ds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: dont do it!