SeZMehK

The Wielder of the Keyblade
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I don't get is that is worked before for me, and there are others with tp link wn722n that this works. I can't figure out how all of a sudden it stopped working for me... >.<

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok my program is working fine, I just need to add some verifications and indications. Finally I don't use the Native Wifi Api, I just use the netsh executable.

cirruspaxton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need a Linux experience to build a driver from the manufacturer.

Bummer. Yesterday I had a person tell me that this device would work for the Homepass relay using your VMWare method, in the comments of this video:

I drove across state to find a Microcenter and brought it home last night. So I'm completely out of luck, then? I have no experience building drivers for Linux, etc. :)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok my program is working fine, I just need to add some verifications and indications. Finally I don't use the Native Wifi Api, I just use the netsh executable.

Well then there must be no difference with vbs version at all :) You just made an MACCycle equivalent on C++ instead on C#

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Bummer. Yesterday I had a person tell me that this device would work for the Homepass relay using your VMWare method, in the comments of this video:

I drove across state to find a Microcenter and brought it home last night. So I'm completely out of luck, then? I have no experience building drivers for Linux, etc. :)

The truth is that in most cases you only need to do what described in readme file included with the drivers. And the most probably you'll just need to run make and make install. To determine which drivers you need you just need to login with root/notforall and run lsusb one of the string will show you the device ID of your wireless adapter - just goole like "Debian drivers <your ids>". Well, you will also need to extend the partition to have enough space needed for buld tools, so also gparted or similar will be needed.

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well then there must be no difference with vbs version at all :) You just made an MACCycle equivalent on C++ instead on C#

That's not exactly the same thing, I'm not doing exactly the same thing, and it works fine with my atheros-based card.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Where can I find Debian 7.7 and the included drivers?
Not sure. There are driver files but I don't know how to determine which pnevstands for what adapters on most cases. Making or finding a list of supported adapters may take much longer than to build absent driver once and for all.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The principle is the same. I don't know C# so I don't understand all that you do with the script, but I'm not using WMI and some other things are different I guess.
WMI is used to detect interface and get other information and can't affect driver bug. It can't affect driver behavior. The rest is the same for all - write registry key, disable/enable interface, allow hosted network, start hosted network, set connection sharing. Atheros fails on start hosted network while MAC was changed

cirruspaxton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The truth is that in most cases you only need to do what described in readme file included with the drivers.

I gave that a shot, guessing the syntax because I don't know linux at all. :)

Here's my result:
http://i.imgur.com/09Jl40Z.png

It looks like maybe the drivers I need are named NL80211. Does this seem correct, or am I mis-guessing the results?

That leads me to this, by googling:
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Documentation/nl80211

I really don't know what step to take next. Thank you so much for your help so far.

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WMI is used to detect interface and get other information and can't affect driver bug. It can't affect driver behavior. The rest is the same for all - write registry key, disable/enable interface, allow hosted network, start hosted network, set connection sharing. Atheros fails on start hosted network while MAC was changed

It does not fail with my program.

Eva01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so it seems as if the native Windows method is not working anymore since the last update. So I switched over to trying it on Mac OS X. I followed the instructions to the letter and still not getting any relays. The WiFi off of the laptop is broadcasting as NZ@McD1 and even the Nintendo Zone icon glows on the 3DS. But the 3DS is not able to connect to the Nintendo Zone and I am not getting any relays.

I tried two of the MAC addresses so far and left each one on for several hours. Am I missing something? Do I need to go through every single one?

Eva01

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I gave that a shot, guessing the syntax because I don't know linux at all. :)

Here's my result:
http://i.imgur.com/09Jl40Z.png

It looks like maybe the drivers I need are named NL80211. Does this seem correct, or am I mis-guessing the results?

That leads me to this, by googling:
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Documentation/nl80211

I really don't know what step to take next. Thank you so much for your help so far.

No

nl80211 is a common driver module on which any wireless adapter driver must depend and it is included. As I said before,first run lsusb, then search for the drivers for discovered IDs, most probably it will be at the manufacturer's web page

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok so it seems as if the native Windows method is not working anymore since the last update. So I switched over to trying it on Mac OS X. I followed the instructions to the letter and still not getting any relays. The WiFi off of the laptop is broadcasting as NZ@McD1 and even the Nintendo Zone icon glows on the 3DS. But the 3DS is not able to connect to the Nintendo Zone and I am not getting any relays.

I tried two of the MAC addresses so far and left each one on for several hours. Am I missing something? Do I need to go through every single one?

Eva01

Both windows methods described under Before anything else link at the first post are working!

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't wait to look into your code! You should release at least a test program, because the actual atheros driver behaviour a different, so if it worked for yours , someone may still fail

Ok, I improved a bit the code, that's not perfect and I think it misses some verifications but I am going to send you the sources of the first version.

cirruspaxton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No

nl80211 is a common driver module on which any wireless adapter driver must depend and it is included. As I said before,first run lsusb, then search for the drivers for discovered IDs, most probably it will be at the manufacturer's web page

Thank you. So, what should I be typing? I restart the VM, wait until I see no more activity flash by, and then what do I type? I am unsure of how to login, if necessary, and which commands to enter.

Thank you very much for your help. I am looking forward to helping a few friends set this up once I get the thing working. :)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just hit
Thank you. So, what should I be typing? I restart the VM, wait until I see no more activity flash by, and then what do I type? I am unsure of how to login, if necessary, and which commands to enter.

Thank you very much for your help. I am looking forward to helping a few friends set this up once I get the thing working. :)
Just hit ALT+F1 until you get a logon prompt and then login with root/notforall and then run lsusb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5