• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm the only user on my laptop, so I assumed it was already run as administrator, but thanks. I've followed the rest of the instructions and started the hostednetwork. The Nintendo Zone now appears active on my 3DS, is there anything else I need to do with my PC, or my 3DS, or will the Streetpasses start automatically after a while?
Yes, you should have streetpasses in some time. However please make sure that MAC address is changing. As long as you did not proveide maccheck.cmd result, just check bssid value with
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
And repeat the check after 30 minutes if BASE16 list was selected or after 2 minutes if BASE256.

Semajer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you should have streetpasses in some time. However please make sure that MAC address is changing. As long as you did not proveide maccheck.cmd result, just check bssid value with
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
And repeat the check after 30 minutes if BASE16 list was selected or after 2 minutes if BASE256.

I just got my first Streetpass, so thanks for your help. I think the MAC is changing, that's the BSSID, yes? Will this continue to cycle between different addresses automatically even if I turn my laptop off?

EDIT: If I run the nzone.exe again, but as BASE16 this time, will it cycle between the most popular MAC addresses?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I just got my first Streetpass, so thanks for your help. I think the MAC is changing, that's the BSSID, yes? Will this continue to cycle between different addresses automatically even if I turn my laptop off?
EDIT: If I run the nzone.exe again, but as BASE16 this time, will it cycle between the most popular MAC addresses?
If you turn on your laptop everything will be turned off :) But It will continue to cycle if you turn it on again.With BASE16 it will cycle only 16 MACs with 30 minutes delay, with BASE256 it is 256 MACs which also includes the former 16 MACs but will be cycled with 2 minutes delay.

Semajer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you turn on your laptop everything will be turned off :) But It will continue to cycle if you turn it on again.With BASE16 it will cycle only 16 MACs with 30 minutes delay, with BASE256 it is 256 MACs which also includes the former 16 MACs but will be cycled with 2 minutes delay.

Okay, so every time I turn my laptop on I need to run nzone.exe again?

GrooBdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still doing manualy but with this bat
del c:\nzone\nzone.macs
c:\nzone\nzone.exe BASE256.macs
i can access other MAC ( 4e:53:50:4f:4f:7e- e9 - FA - 3e - 23)

gm90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, it will work automatically!

With nzone.exe? Have you checked BSSID changing with netsh wlan show hostednetwork

yes the BSSID change but i don't streetpass anything. I've also tried to delete my internet connection on 3ds but nothing changed

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Still doing manualy but with this bat
del c:\nzone\nzone.macs
c:\nzone\nzone.exe BASE256.macs
i can access other MAC ( 4e:53:50:4f:4f:7e- e9 - FA - 3e - 23)
You're doing everything wrong. Just do exactly what I said beofre - start nzone, disable job, run nzone with no parameters manually. There is no sence deleting nzone.macs file every launch.

yes the BSSID change but i don't streetpass anything. I've also tried to delete my internet connection on 3ds but nothing changed
3DS detected Nintendo Zone? Have you tried to launch Nintendo Zone application?

gm90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You're doing everything wrong. Just do exactly what I said beofre - start nzone, disable job, run nzone with no parameters manually. There is no sence deleting nzone.macs file every launch.

3DS detected Nintendo Zone? Have you tried to launch Nintendo Zone application?

yes nintendo zone is detected but when i launch it, there is an error (003-2105 communication error or 003-1105)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
yes nintendo zone is detected but when i launch it, there is an error (003-2105 communication error)
- Switch to BASE16 by running nzone.exe reload && nzone.exe start BASE16
- Wait for Nintendo Zone application to glow and try once more to launch it
- if still getting an error, follow the guide (http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-share-an-internet-connection-in-windows-7.html) to check if ICS is properly enabled by the script, on step 4 of the guide the mark should be already checked and the hosted connection must be already selected for sharing Internet

Semajer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nzone.exe reload & nzone.exe start BASE16

But MAC address will be changed only every 30 minutes.

I've tried this but it says the BSSID is 6e:53:50:4f:4f:44 instead of 4e:53:50:4f:4f:44. Is this normal?

Also, does this method connect to the attwifi or NZ@McD1 Streetpasses? Or do those not work anymore?

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason when using the Nzone.exe method, every so often the internet connection drops from the hostednetwork. The connection sharing is still ticked but only comes back after disabling and re-enabling connection sharing.

Also, still no passes after 12 hours, not sure if it's because of the connection dropping or not, not sure how fast it dropped off last night after I'd gone to bed. Mac is changing and 3DS is shown connecting when I use netsh wlan show hostednetwork though.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Semajer attwifi an NZ@MCd do not work anymore for 3DS firmware 9.3.0+ with password protected AP, which is the only option for windows, so you can remove the connection settings for 3DS for that SSIDs.
The first MAC octet is modified by your wireless card drivers and there is nothing we can do. You will be able to exchange streetpass data only with users with the similar MAC change issue, so it may take time for such users to appear, but anyway it is better late then nothing.

xBleedingSoulx Do know wireless connection is not available while changing MAC? Or I did not get your message?

Semajer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Semajer attwifi an NZ@MCd do not work anymore for 3DS firmware 9.3.0+ with password protected AP, which is the only option for windows, so you can remove the connection settings for 3DS for that SSIDs.
The first MAC octet is modified by your wireless card drivers and there is nothing we can do. You will be able to exchange streetpass data only with users with the similar MAC change issue, so it may take time for such users to appear, but anyway it is better late then nothing.

Okay, thanks. Would you recommend using BASE16 or BASE256 if I wanted to get a lot of hits?

gm90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
- Switch to BASE16 by running nzone.exe reload && nzone.exe start BASE16
- Wait for Nintendo Zone application to glow and try once more to launch it
- if still getting an error, follow the guide (http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-share-an-internet-connection-in-windows-7.html) to check if ICS is properly enabled by the script, on step 4 of the guide the mark should be already checked and the hosted connection must be already selected for sharing Internet

ok it's checked like the guide and in spoiler there is the situation.
ZHrtWEc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!