• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ertre Take a look, you have a spoofed MAC for the Intel wireless adapter, but the virtual adapter still have the Intel MAC (00:23:14). This driver do not support MAC spoofing on a hosted adapter. That is why maccheck.cmd reported all zeroes.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ertre As long as european zones relays streetpass data with no MAC lookup, you're able to get one streetpass every 8 hours with NZ@McD1 SSID AP with no MAC change at all.

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then I hope I can get at least that. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Welp, by just turning everything on without changing MAC I didn't get any Streetpass either.
So either something else is also preventing that and/or changing MAC really is required.

Would using a USB Wi-Fi adapter instead help?

Groovy93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Me again...^^" Tried the nzone.vbs with my wifi stick again and the mac was successfully changed (checked it), but my 3DS refuses to connect to it. Using the static IP addresses from page 1 made it at least connect it to the hotspot but not to the internet. Any ideas? Thanks for your time and help btw. ;)

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jakerman999 Windows chooses adapter to use by itself, there is no way to point which one must be used. The only way to force Windows use the exact wireless adapter is to disable all other hosted network compatible wireless adapters. If you have two compatible adapters and try to run MAC spoofing, on adapter disable (which is required to actually change mac), Windows will relocate the enabled hosted network to the other compatible adapter. So if you're running MAC change in cycle, hosted network will hop from one physical adapter to another!

So in other words, I'd have to modify the script to Do the following every time I wanted to cycle MAC addresses:
  1. Turn off my primary wireless adapter
  2. Normal script execution with only adapter being Mac Spoofable one
  3. Turn primary adapter back on
Have I got that right? I'd probably need to do something similar on script startup, and on shutdown for good measure. While I'm in there I'll have to make it not timing based, I don't want my internet dropping on a set interval 'cause I'll forget that I made it do that :P

Thanks for the assist duke.

p.s. Does Linux have a way of specifying which adapter to run this on?

Yourstrulyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for all your help. You're right, i was using a modified mini build. I reverted back to the std build and now the install command works. I've reflashed it back up to the modified build after and it is still working fine.

ItsAllParticles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your help. You're right, i was using a modified mini build. I reverted back to the std build and now the install command works. I've reflashed it back up to the modified build after and it is still working fine.
ertre Take a look, you have a spoofed MAC for the Intel wireless adapter, but the virtual adapter still have the Intel MAC (00:23:14). This driver do not support MAC spoofing on a hosted adapter. That is why maccheck.cmd reported all zeroes.

I installed Brainslayer, and it solved all.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ertre changing mac is not required, just check with launching nintendo zone application, it must load a page with pokemon ORAS demo with error message in german. USB adapter will work, just avoid Atheros-based.

jakerman999 not exactly, this won't work because each mac change adapter must be disabled and re-enabled to use the new mac, during this the allowed hosted network will be relocated automatically by Windows to the next compatible adapter. So there is no option to have uninterruptable wereless connection to the internet and a hompass running at the same time, unless you have internet on a wireless adapter which is incompatible with the hosted network, like Intel 4965AGN for example. Linux does not have any similar issues, it is a windows 'feature'.

Yourstrulyxx yes it may work fine, OS detection used only in the installation script. If there any other way to detect dd-wrt rather than from the /proc/version I can alter the detection algorithm

ItsAllParticles great, all is working fine now, you're able to get streetpasses?

ItsAllParticles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ertre changing mac is not required, just check with launching nintendo zone application, it must load a page with pokemon ORAS demo with error message in german. USB adapter will work, just avoid Atheros-based.

jakerman999 not exactly, this won't work because each mac change adapter must be disabled and re-enabled to use the new mac, during this the allowed hosted network will be relocated automatically by Windows to the next compatible adapter. So there is no option to have uninterruptable wereless connection to the internet and a hompass running at the same time, unless you have internet on a wireless adapter which is incompatible with the hosted network, like Intel 4965AGN for example. Linux does not have any similar issues, it is a windows 'feature'.

Yourstrulyxx yes it may work fine, OS detection used only in the installation script. If there any other way to detect dd-wrt rather than from the /proc/version I can alter the detection algorithm

ItsAllParticles great, all is working fine now, you're able to get streetpasses?

haven't had a chance yet. Got everything to install with no errors though!!! need to wait 30 and see if it cycles.

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, I actually can't do that. When starting it up it says it can't find an access point for NZ and after that I get a very weak signal.
Attempting to connect then leads to an error saying it couldn't connect. I'm guessing this means the Wi-Fi signal for the hosted network is just very bad as well.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey how do I even know if Homepass works? Sorry, I'm totally new to this. I have emuNAND 9.2 running on my 3DS and I have set up the connections just like the tutorial explains (I'm on Windows 8.1). My 3DS shows the Nintendo Zone icon and it is glowing blue. It connects to the Internet just fine, too, so I'm assuming that it should work. Still, I didn't have any StreetPasses yet. I'm using MACycle to randomly cycle through 160 MAC addresses but I don't get anything even though I've set up Mario Kart 7, Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros. 3D to use StreetPass. Are these games just not played that much anymore or could it be that I did something wrong?

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the homepass quit working on me it say the host network couldnt be started and something about the group or resources is not in the right state or figured right ( it something in this saying ) i havent touch anything or modify it in anyway please help me fix this i want to homepass again

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
duke_srg Hi :) A few months ago I came here for help and we managed to get Homepass working on my computer (Windows 8.1, French language). Today I wanted to try it again, so I downloaded the last version of your script. I used maccheck.cmd, and it gave me a lot of 0 but a few 1, so I guess that's good. I launched the script, it created the Hosted Network without any issue and my 3DS can connect to it properly. The only problem is, the MAC address isn't changing. I checked on the computer and with an Android app and the MAC doesn't change :/

Now, since it worked a few months ago I guess it could work today, but I have no idea how to find what the problem is. Any ideas?

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello duke_srg, I downloaded your script some time early yesterday and got homepass to work for about an hour. Then my computer just plain shut down out of nowhere, and since I restarted the script, I haven't gotten a single streetpass in the past day.
Is there a way to tell what mac address the script is using? I'd like to be able to see what the script is doing after I run it.
When I run the Nintendo Zone app, I just get an error that no Nintendo Zone was found... no ORAS error. When I'm on the main menu, Nintendo Zone is available and I have full internet access. Any idea what's going on?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ertre In administrator command prompt run this:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow NZ@McD1 nintendozone
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Then open your internet connection interface properties and enable sharing for the hosted network connection. In 3DS settings, remove NZ@McD1 connection and set it again, Access Point test must success. After that you can launch Nintendo Zone application and it must load Pokemon ORAS demo page. Glowing Nintendo Zone just shows you have an AP with Nintendo Zone SSID nearby, when you launch the application it tries to connect to that AP, so authentication error or no internet access will show the 3DS connection error in that case.

MichiS97 Please follow "Befory anything else" link at the first post of the thread

digipokemaster Toggle Internet Connection Sharing on and off for any connection and run
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork disallow

Remiscan Please provide me with the output from maccheck.cmd and
wmic nic get macaddress,name,pnpdeviceid

Rocket0634 Please provide me with the output from maccheck.cmd and
schtasks /query /tn nzone /v /fo csv
You can check which MACs was already set in nzone.macs file, used MAC have "x" before it.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ItsAllParticles Try this:
ifconfig $(nvram get wl0_ifname)
wc -l /tmp/nzone.macs
grep ^x /tmp/nzone.macs | wc -l
This will show the actual MAC, number of MACs in list and number of MACs already set. MAC addres in WEB-GUI will not show any changes.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ertre In administrator command prompt run this:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow NZ@McD1 nintendozone
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Then open your internet connection interface properties and enable sharing for the hosted network connection. In 3DS settings, remove NZ@McD1 connection and set it again, Access Point test must success. After that you can launch Nintendo Zone application and it must load Pokemon ORAS demo page. Glowing Nintendo Zone just shows you have an AP with Nintendo Zone SSID nearby, when you launch the application it tries to connect to that AP, so authentication error or no internet access will show the 3DS connection error in that case.

MichiS97 Please follow "Befory anything else" link at the first post of the thread

digipokemaster Toggle Internet Connection Sharing on and off for any connection and run
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork disallow

Remiscan Please provide me with the output from maccheck.cmd and
wmic nic get macaddress,name,pnpdeviceid

Rocket0634 Please provide me with the output from maccheck.cmd and
schtasks /query /tn nzone /v /fo csv
You can check which MACs was already set in nzone.macs file, used MAC have "x" before it.

i got it running thanks for the help

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I tried exactly what you just said and got the same thing. In the connection test everything checked out though, even can go online fine in games like Pokemon OR.
That said, when checking online I apparently got a Streetpass even though there was no sign of a green light or dot. So it seems to me it works, yet doesn't.

Either way, that single Streetpass got what I was looking for so this just got less important to make it work, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp