TexRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinpointrg.com
XP
Country
United States
try to open the browser on the 3ds and se if it connects. also check if some other device if the mac was changed.

I opened the browser and can pull up websites. I don't follow your second question? Are you asking if the mac got changed on something other than the Wireless Network Connection? doing an ipconfig /all shows that it is in fact sticking on the correct MAC. I'm confused though, it does say media disconnected for the wifi adapter, and connected on the virtual wifi. I don't get how the MAC will apply if it shows the connection as disconnected.

TexRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinpointrg.com
XP
Country
United States
So I tried a method where you created the network without even using virtual router, and manually sharing the connection with my WiFi virtual adapter. Again, I can get to the internet, all looks good, but I get no streetpasses. Is the prime MAC not good anymore or something?

TexRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinpointrg.com
XP
Country
United States
So when I first connect to a MAC after changing it (I also have to restart the wlan) it says Streetpass in the to left and it does what looks like a transmitting type wifi signal animation, and then goes to Internet. I keep changing MACs, and it does this each time, but I get no passes. Maybe it's working? I'm really confused how this works at this point. I thought I'd immediately get one for the primary MACs from that spreadsheet.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
So I tried a method where you created the network without even using virtual router, and manually sharing the connection with my WiFi virtual adapter. Again, I can get to the internet, all looks good, but I get no streetpasses. Is the prime MAC not good anymore or something?
Check with another device (like an android or a laptop) if the mac has really changed, atm your issue seems to be that your mac isnt changing.
Also dont double post use the edit button ;)

TexRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinpointrg.com
XP
Country
United States
Check with another device (like an android or a laptop) if the mac has really changed, atm your issue seems to be that your mac isnt changing.
Also dont double post use the edit button ;)

I loaded Fing on my iphone, and it shows the MAC of my wireless router (attwifi) to be the MAC address of the virtual adapter, which is not the same as the wifi adapter. I still don't get how this is not working as intended. When you all create virtual adapters, does it take the MAC of the wifi adapter? So my MAC is changing on the wifi adapter, but the MAC on the virtual adapter is something else, something random I presume.

TexRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinpointrg.com
XP
Country
United States
Your mac need to be one of the prime macs, post here that mac that show up on your iphone

I feel like we're not on the same page :)

Here is what I have for Wireless Network Connection (physical hardware wifi) and Wireless Network Connection 2 (wifi virtual adapter that I actually connect to).

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : A0-88-B4-83-58-AD
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.137.1(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 4E-53-50-4F-4F-46
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

I think my problem must be related to the internal laptop wifi not passing the MAC over to the virtual adapter. I have a Mac Mini running Windows 7 at home I might try this with.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal

Here is what I have for Wireless Network Connection (physical hardware wifi) and Wireless Network Connection 2 (wifi virtual adapter that I actually connect to).

I think my problem must be related to the internal laptop wifi not passing the MAC over to the virtual adapter. I have a Mac Mini running Windows 7 at home I might try this with.
Ohh i've seen someone saying that intel's wifi cards dont work well with mac changing ;)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just tested and updated a Windows 7 version. Forgot to mention, ICS (Internet connection sharing) must be enabled on the default interface with Internet for the Microsoft Vitrual WiFi adapter interface just once when it created after the script start (I'll try to automate this step a bit later, it is needed only once when the script is started for the first time). And once more, the only things you'll need to make homepass work:
- a Windows 7 (or above)
- a fully Windows 7 compatible network adapter (i.e. the driver musr support hosted network HostAP mode)
- this script

No more macshift, Virtal router or other third-party software - all you need is in just less than 5KB of VBS code!

TexBob, Please try the new version and report as it works for you.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

I'm afraid you are SOL, this is the same as the first setup I mentioned, where the Wi-Fi (actual) mac appears to have changed but not the virtual hostednetwork mac. Stay away from intel wireless chipsets :/

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Guys, please get http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/nzone.vbs.v8 and http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/nzone.vbs.v8/nzone.vbs.v9 and check which works for you. The first one changes MAC on all interfaces which have the MAC from hostednetwork, the second are more precise and tries to detect the only one interface with the hostednetwork MAC which must be changed.
You can always check the hostednetwork and wireless interfaces MACs like this
Code:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
netsh wlan show interfaces

This is all about different OSI/ISO level of virtual interface impementation int different drivers. Intel seems to be more truthful and implemented a MAC-level interface change. Let's see the driver is fully compatible and will make use of a NetworkAddress registry key.

Upd: Added automatic ICS switching, i.e. nothing to be done manually from now. Though it may fail to detect the correct internet connection to share of you have more than on connection with the default gateway.

TexRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinpointrg.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys, please get http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/nzone.vbs.v8 and http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/nzone.vbs.v8/nzone.vbs.v9 and check which works for you. The first one changes MAC on all interfaces which have the MAC from hostednetwork, the second are more precise and tries to detect the only one interface with the hostednetwork MAC which must be changed.
You can always check the hostednetwork and wireless interfaces MACs like this
Code:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
netsh wlan show interfaces

This is all about different OSI/ISO level of virtual interface impementation int different drivers. Intel seems to be more truthful and implemented a MAC-level interface change. Let's see the driver is fully compatible and will make use of a NetworkAddress registry key.

Upd: Added automatic ICS switching, i.e. nothing to be done manually from now. Though it may fail to detect the correct internet connection to share of you have more than on connection with the default gateway.

Do I need to do anything? Share my connection? or anything? I got it working with my new WIFI USB using the macshift method. I tried the script, should something stay running? It made a connection and named the wifi attwifi, but I don't see the LAN shared, and the MAC is what I set it to last.

I don't see anything running, it just popped up and then went away.

TexRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinpointrg.com
XP
Country
United States
I swear it was working fine, then I tried the scripts, had no luck. I then tried Macycler, and my hosted network kept stopping. I hear the ding sound like hardware is unplugged. Now I can't even get it to stay connected with the manual method. This is all with a TP link USB wifi.

Oops, double posted again, no option to delete that I see, sorry.

So, I tried this on my Win 8.1 machine, and it seems to be working totally fine with Maccycler. I don't know what the deal is on my laptop, but it kind of seems like the script screwed up my network connections to where they keep dropping.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I swear it was working fine, then I tried the scripts, had no luck. I then tried Macycler, and my hosted network kept stopping. I hear the ding sound like hardware is unplugged. Now I can't even get it to stay connected with the manual method.
My script creates a scheduled task named nzone and it triggers every minute. If something goes wrong and stop option did not disable this task the most probably you'll have network up and down every several minutes. Just disable or delete the task.
You should try I v8 and v9 on Intel network adapter. And yes, you must enable ICS for this version. The latest base version available on /install also enables ICS, so it just must work with tplink out-of-the-box. If Mac changing with v9 worked fine on Intel, the latest version should work as well.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Upd: please hold with the latest version. Testing on my notebook now, as usual - new features added with the new bugs ;))

Oh, and one more, ALWAYS RUN THE SCRIPT FROM THE ADMINISTRATOR CMD SESSION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F