• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Still not having any success getting this setup at all in Win7 64bit. The adapter I have, it's driver GUI has access point options, so they might be interfering or something. I click Mode on the utility and selected Access Point, my PC blue screens. The first time I had everything set up like the guide states to the letter, and my 3DS couldn't find the access point, and wouldn't connect when I entered the info manually. I'm about to drop $40 on the recommended belkin adapter for SpillPass and hope that works. This is proving most frustrating and ultimately a waste of time. One big down side to living in a extremely rural area, in Canada no less so adapters etc are expensive!
i got blue screen and in most cases that's a problem with the adapters drivers. try looking online for newer drivers and dont use any of its software cause in most cases it wont support running hosted networks with the mac changed. Use the cmd way using macshift.

FredMSloniker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me get my relay set up? I followed the instructions in #1 for Windows 7 and used Macshift, and while my 3DS can connect to the Internet, I'm not getting any of those sweet sweet Streetpasses. I'm not sure what information I need to provide, so ask away!

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble. On two different win 7 laptops things go fine until I get to

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

then I get an error about how the device isn't in the proper state or something like that. Googling turns up a bunch of stuff on this error, but almost universally claims that the fix is to go into the properties of the adapters and check "Allow windows to turn off this device to conserve power" (or very close to that) but it's already checked.

On the first computer, I did manage to get it working for a few minutes, I don't even know how, but to use the mac cycler I needed to install .Net framework 4, and after I did that the virtual network vanished again and I can't get it back. But I know the computer should be able to work with this, as I did successfully connect to the 3DS, I just couldn't get any passes as I hadn't gotten to the mac cycling yet.

Any idea what the hell is going on and how to fix it? Yes, I have the command prompt running as admin. I also tried that virtual router thing in the other set of instructions for 7/8 and it got the same error.

I also have the option of using Vista, which I know everyone hates but me, but there are no instructions. Anyone know a way to do it in Vista? I tried just doing the same thing as 7, but apparently netsh got an upgrade between OSes, as Vista doesn't recognize the lines we're supposed to type in as valid commands.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm having trouble. On two different win 7 laptops things go fine until I get to

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

then I get an error about how the device isn't in the proper state or something like that. Googling turns up a bunch of stuff on this error, but almost universally claims that the fix is to go into the properties of the adapters and check "Allow windows to turn off this device to conserve power" (or very close to that) but it's already checked.

On the first computer, I did manage to get it working for a few minutes, I don't even know how, but to use the mac cycler I needed to install .Net framework 4, and after I did that the virtual network vanished again and I can't get it back. But I know the computer should be able to work with this, as I did successfully connect to the 3DS, I just couldn't get any passes as I hadn't gotten to the mac cycling yet.

Any idea what the hell is going on and how to fix it? Yes, I have the command prompt running as admin. I also tried that virtual router thing in the other set of instructions for 7/8 and it got the same error.

I also have the option of using Vista, which I know everyone hates but me, but there are no instructions. Anyone know a way to do it in Vista? I tried just doing the same thing as 7, but apparently netsh got an upgrade between OSes, as Vista doesn't recognize the lines we're supposed to type in as valid commands.

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
Try that.

Reactions: tbgtbg

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for trying to help, but it turns out that updating the wifi adapter's driver was the fix. Not that windows was any help in figuring that out, it kept telling me I already had the latest driver, but I tracked down a more recent one myself.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Can someone help me get my relay set up? I followed the instructions in #1 for Windows 7 and used Macshift, and while my 3DS can connect to the Internet, I'm not getting any of those sweet sweet Streetpasses. I'm not sure what information I need to provide, so ask away!
wieye for android is an app that checks wifis mac so check if after macshift your mac has changed

SilentStray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too still seem to struggle getting mine to send any streetpasses. Everything seems to be set up correctly, 3DS connects fine to the internet through the attwifi hosted connection. Nintendo Zone is blinking and states that I am within the Nintendo Zone area. I am not sure what else to do or if I somewhere overlooked something or something didn't register correctly.

At first glance everything seems to be fine, till I receive no street passes. Tried manually entering mac addresses and manually starting/stopping the hosted network. I've tried Macycle, and MacPass. used Virtual router manager as well. Outside of my very first connection to a nintendo mac address, I haven't received a single street pass hit. And none of them were even for the game I wanted in question (Bravely Default). I did also disable streetpass from Mii Plaza (I read that it has made many others unable to receive streetpasses for Bravely Default, and considering that is the main game I'm trying to find them for, I ended up disabling it. Not sure if that has had any impact, or was the reason I no longer receive any after the first mac address. It's been over 24 hours since then, and I still receive no street passes through homepass. :<

I wouldn't bother going through such effort to get this to work if I could get streetpasses through the normal methods, I haven't had one in over 6 months where I live, and I used to take it everwhere, till I eventually gave up. :(

Is there anyone who can help me resolve this? Your efforts would be greatly appreciated. :<

~Vylune

I too am having these same issues, I'm using a DD-WRT Micro build (v24 sp2) was working perfectly fine and just 3 weeks ago it stopped and I haven't gotten a streetpass since. I purchached another DD-WRT capable router, flashed with the same firmware and still nothing.

Any suggestions? Like Vylune above, my 3DS's can connect to the internet and recognize the NintendoZone but not a single StreepPass.

fatihG_

Trophies
Website
www.fagurd.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I have been using my android phone to do the homepass stuff.
However I have a question regarding the 3ds and wifi signals.
First of all I apologize if this has been covered in this topic, but I was simply too lazy... to read through 135 pages.

Anyway so at home I use a wifi setup to connect all my devices to the internet. My 3ds included.
When I first started using the homepass trick I had removed my home wifi settings on my 3ds. My 3ds was able to connect to my phone just fine and I got some streetpasses.
Now since then I have put the wifi settings of my router on my 3ds again, and like expected it connects to it.

However, right now since it is connected to my router it doesn't bother to connect to my phone.
Is it required to disable my standard wifi settings in order to get my phones wifi to be picked up by my 3ds?

Even though it is a nuisance to go into my internet settings on my 3ds every time i try to do some homepassing, it is a minor one.
So if there isnt any work around for this, it isn't a big deal. Would be nice not to go into settings every time I try to homepass though.

Cheers.

Fatih

emi123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've been trying to get my computer to do this but I haven't been successful. Has anyone had any luck with OS 10.4? I have my Mac wired through ethernet and I also have an airport card installed. I've changed the network name to Bestbuy, kept the security open, and did the terminal thing, turned the wi-fi on and off on the 3ds, and still nothing. Could someone please help me?

Many thanks in advance,

emily

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hey guys,

I have been using my android phone to do the homepass stuff.
However I have a question regarding the 3ds and wifi signals.
First of all I apologize if this has been covered in this topic, but I was simply too lazy... to read through 135 pages.

Anyway so at home I use a wifi setup to connect all my devices to the internet. My 3ds included.
When I first started using the homepass trick I had removed my home wifi settings on my 3ds. My 3ds was able to connect to my phone just fine and I got some streetpasses.
Now since then I have put the wifi settings of my router on my 3ds again, and like expected it connects to it.

However, right now since it is connected to my router it doesn't bother to connect to my phone.
Is it required to disable my standard wifi settings in order to get my phones wifi to be picked up by my 3ds?

Even though it is a nuisance to go into my internet settings on my 3ds every time i try to do some homepassing, it is a minor one.
So if there isnt any work around for this, it isn't a big deal. Would be nice not to go into settings every time I try to homepass though.

Cheers.

Fatih

Yes. Your 3DS prefers your home connection over the nZone anytime.

legrooos

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,
i used the mac os method on my macbook pro (osx 10.9.2), got all things to work till the 3DS part. My 3ds got the nintendo zone, but i don't have internet..
I tried the tips like unplug ethernet, restart 3ds wifi but it doesn't work...
If anyone has a method or tips i'll gladly take it
Thanks

donny2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Streetpasses have stopped working for me, so wanted to download the latest script to see if that helped. However, getting the DD-WRT v4.0 script is currently failing for me, as it can't seem to download nzone.sh from http://goo.gl.39fq1n. Going to that address says that the hostname has been deactivated. Opened a putty session to my router, and can put the nzone.sh file directly there. Just need the contents of the nzone.sh file to write there. :)

Can anyone post the contents of the current nzone.sh file (the v4.0 version for DD-WRT routers)?

Thanks!

Edit:
Looks like http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone has been deactivated, so that's why it's not getting streetpasses! Does anyone have the last good MAC file, as well, since that seems to be what the duke-srg address was needed for?

Thanks!

Edit2:
Hacked it to get it working, but it's working again! The list of Nintendo Zone MACS is here. Used putty to open a session directly on my router, and created a /tmp/nzone.macs file there with all those MAC addresses. Then commented out the below lines from my old nzone file to avoid it trying to activate the deactivated website and overwrite my MAC list. After that, Streetpasses are working again! Somewhat concerned that unless others make the same changes to prevent overwriting their MAC lists, the queues will get drained out. Hopefully, duke-srg will get the domain stuff worked out before too long, though. :)

#[ $MACNUM = 0 ] && NEWMACS=$(wget -q -O - $URL?$1)
#[ $(echo -n "$NEWMACS" | wc -c) != 0 ] && echo "$NEWMACS" > $MACS && MACNUM=$(cat $MACS | wc -l)

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Streetpasses have stopped working for me, so wanted to download the latest script to see if that helped. However, getting the DD-WRT v4.0 script is currently failing for me, as it can't seem to download nzone.sh from http://goo.gl.39fq1n. Going to that address says that the hostname has been deactivated. Opened a putty session to my router, and can put the nzone.sh file directly there. Just need the contents of the nzone.sh file to write there. :)

Can anyone post the contents of the current nzone.sh file (the v4.0 version for DD-WRT routers)?

Thanks!

Edit:
Looks like http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone has been deactivated, so that's why it's not getting streetpasses! Does anyone have the last good MAC file, as well, since that seems to be what the duke-srg address was needed for?

Thanks!

Edit2:
Hacked it to get it working, but it's working again! The list of Nintendo Zone MACS is here. Used putty to open a session directly on my router, and created a /tmp/nzone.macs file there with all those MAC addresses. Then commented out the below lines from my old nzone file to avoid it trying to activate the deactivated website and overwrite my MAC list. After that, Streetpasses are working again! Somewhat concerned that unless others make the same changes to prevent overwriting their MAC lists, the queues will get drained out. Hopefully, duke-srg will get the domain stuff worked out before too, long, though. :)

#[ $MACNUM = 0 ] && NEWMACS=$(wget -q -O - $URL?$1)
#[ $(echo -n "$NEWMACS" | wc -c) != 0 ] && echo "$NEWMACS" > $MACS && MACNUM=$(cat $MACS | wc -l)
duke_srg warned about that a couple posts before, duke_srg could you post the new link again please?

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

donny2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the ability to log onto your router with putty (had to use telnet option on mine), you can use the below nzone.sh. Then go here to get the list of MAC addresses, and copy just the addresses into a new file at /tmp/nzone.macs_save on your router. That should make it independent of the website being down and have it automatically cycle when it's almost out of MAC addresses to use. Agree that it'd be best if duke_srg can get his website working again, as that would work for a lot more people who are using his methods. This should work, if you're up to modifying the scripts on the router directly, though.

/tmp/nzone.sh:
#!/bin/sh
URL=http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone
MACS=/tmp/nzone.macs
SAVEMACS=/tmp/nzone.macs_save
MACNUM=$(grep -v x $MACS | wc -l)
TIME=$(($(date +%s)/60))
if [ $MACNUM -lt 5 ]; then
cp -p $SAVEMACS $MACS
fi
RANDOM=$(head /dev/urandom | hexdump -d | head -n 1 | cut -c 11-15 | sed -r "s/0*(.*)/\1/")
MAC=$(grep -v x $MACS | head -n $(($RANDOM%${MACNUM}+1)) | tail -n 1)
sed -ri s/$MAC/x$MAC/ $MACS
ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth1 hw ether $MAC
ifconfig eth1 up
stopservice cron
startservice cron

Edit:
If you don't have a crontab entry (Management tab), you can add the below and "Apply settings" to kick things off.

* * * * * root /tmp/nzone.sh

Edit2:
Step-by-Step (if not familiar with putty/vi, etc.)

1. Download putty.exe from here.

2. Double-click on it, choose the "Telnet" radio button, and type in the IP address of your router for the "Host Name."

3. Use the router username/password to login.

4. Follow next lines directly, if you're not familiar with unix/vi.

cd /tmp
vi nzone.sh
i
<copy nzone.sh contents from above from # through "startservice cron" and hit right-click in putty window to paste>
<Hit Esc>
:wq
vi nzone.macs_save
i
<copy MAC addresses to cycle through and hit right-click in putty window to paste>
<Hit Esc>
:wq
exit
<putty closes>

5. Open router UI page.

6. Go to Administration -> Management tab

7. In "Cron" box, type the below, if it's not already there.

* * * * * root /tmp/nzone.sh

(If you have stuff after nzone.sh like "49,BASE16,GBATEMP" that's fine. It's just ignored.)

8. Hit Apply Settings

It should be running now, hopefully. :)

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I'll be doing this when I get home tonight. Is the MAC address text file just a unique MAC address on each line? Does it matter what kind of text encoding I use? UNIX, DOS, etc?

donny2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a MAC address on each line, right. I copied it from the Google spreadsheet to Excel (to extract just the MAC address column) and then copied directly from there to the nzone.macs_save file. UNIX formatting, I suppose. It just needs only the MAC address on each line. The reason for putting it into the _save file is that duke_srg's script will put an 'x' in front of each line as it uses it from the nzone.macs file. The above script will wait until there's less than 5 MAC addresses left without an 'x' in the nzone.macs file and then copy back over the _save file to reset the whole list. :)

Bettarlynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome fix. Working so far. I ended up copying the spreadsheet to a text file, and awk out the correct column into nzone.macs_save.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey donny2112, things were working ok, until I rebooted the router - now the nzone.sh file as well as the nzone.macs_save have completely vanished from the "var" directory on the router. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...