Status
Not open for further replies.

Kervidgen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting mostly repeat passes so far, but I expected that. Although some of the MAC addresses I've gone through don't seem to connect at all. My physical NIC ends up showing as "Unidentified Network" when I arrive at a dud-MAC. Is this a common issue?

And how difficult is it to get a setup working in Australia? I have a friend in wallaby-world who is interested in trying - if it's at all possible.

grivad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The router says version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - build 21061. Where would I get the mini build for it, and how long do I leave the 3DS to connect to it?

Doesn't look like there is a mini build for your router, just the one webflash build. I'd go with that one. Go to the router DB on the DD-WRT site and punch in N10, then click the N10+, and the build is linked there. It's worth a shot -- it could be the issues you're having are due to the build.

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't look like there is a mini build for your router, just the one webflash build. I'd go with that one. Go to the router DB on the DD-WRT site and punch in N10, then click the N10+, and the build is linked there. It's worth a shot -- it could be the issues you're having are due to the build.

I've used that build earlier, when the first v3 script came out. It didn't work then either. I can change it manually via the MAC Clone setting, but not via script. Not sure what to do now...

lordelohim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I definitely need help again. I want to run the relay off of my main, Windows 7 machine. It is absolutely imperative to me that my regular LAN connection not be used, as my media server can not be interrupted. I have two wireless USB dongles, one of which I can confirm works for the sake of relaying, as I did have it connected to my wired connection and working, but it was screwing up my media server. Can whomever gave me the step by step instructions do so again, taking into account my wired connection stays out of it.

grivad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used that build earlier, when the first v3 script came out. It didn't work then either. I can change it manually via the MAC Clone setting, but not via script. Not sure what to do now...

You could try the nvram method I posted earlier, but know that it will likely lower the lifespan of your router. Or keep troubleshooting!

witchiez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm new to this forum. And I'd like to ask all of you for help with the homepass relay.

I've tried using the method for windows 7 on the first post and ArtieMcD's method but I couldn't seem to get the streetpass hit.
I could get my 3DS to connect to attwifi on both methods. And my 3DS could also use the internet but the streetpass just won't work.

If anyone could give me suggestions and solutions that would be very much appreciated.

franteno

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess you and I have a similar problem... Check your Virtual Wifi Miniport Physical Address (MAC address) using "ipconfig /all" on command line, it should be similar (or equal) to your Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address, if not, you can't receive a StreetPass.
The problem I have is that after changing my Wireless Adapter MAC address, the Virtual Wifi Miniport Physical Address doesn't change at all... so, I can get internet on my 3DS but I don't receive any StreetPass and I can't access Nintendo Zone (even though I can see the notification that it is available)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
duke_srg had to reboot the router today, radio turned off and now it's back

Confirmed, got this with my device this morning. hostapd is still can run out-of cync. Made changes to slightly reduce this probability, but will fix a bit better way tomorrow. As a last resort we can use killall hostapd, but this is not an option in case of Ubuntu with different WiFi adapters, we need to avoid this.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Getting mostly repeat passes so far, but I expected that. Although some of the MAC addresses I've gone through don't seem to connect at all. My physical NIC ends up showing as "Unidentified Network" when I arrive at a dud-MAC. Is this a common issue?

I've been getting mostly new streetpass hits when I cycle through the list of mac addresses. Filling up my streetpass map quite nicely with streetpass hits from 132 regions in 27 countries.

When I arrive at a dud-mac address all that happens is that the mac address of my wireless adaptor reverts to the default address.

And how difficult is it to get a setup working in Australia? I have a friend in wallaby-world who is interested in trying - if it's at all possible.

I can't say if it is anymore difficult setting this up in Australia than anywhere else in the world. From the small group of people that I know that have tried this they have had success using rooted android phones and wifi cards in their computers. On the other hand USB wi-fi dongles seem to have a zero success rate so far.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Confirmed, got this with my device this morning. hostapd is still can run out-of cync. Made changes to slightly reduce this probability, but will fix a bit better way tomorrow. As a last resort we can use killall hostapd, but this is not an option in case of Ubuntu with different WiFi adapters, we need to avoid this.

for now i set a soft reboot every two hours and no radio off noticed

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Why would it be different setting it up in Australia than anywhere else? It is the same everywhere. Just buy a compatible router and it is done within 5 minutes. I would especially recommend to use a router when putting it up as a public relay point.

witchiez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess you and I have a similar problem... Check your Virtual Wifi Miniport Physical Address (MAC address) using "ipconfig /all" on command line, it should be similar (or equal) to your Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address, if not, you can't receive a StreetPass.
The problem I have is that after changing my Wireless Adapter MAC address, the Virtual Wifi Miniport Physical Address doesn't change at all... so, I can get internet on my 3DS but I don't receive any StreetPass and I can't access Nintendo Zone (even though I can see the notification that it is available)

I tried using ipconfig/all and had a look at the list. The MAC address of my Virtual Wifi Miniport and Wireless Network Adapter are completely different. Here's the image of the physical address.

mac.png

Here's the information of the device i use. I'm a laptop user and my wireless adapter is Inter Centrino Wireless- N 135. The driver of my wirless adapter is the latest version.

If anyone knows the solution(s) to this problem, please guide me. Thanks!!

Kervidgen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting mostly new streetpass hits when I cycle through the list of mac addresses. Filling up my streetpass map quite nicely with streetpass hits from 132 regions in 27 countries.

When I arrive at a dud-mac address all that happens is that the mac address of my wireless adaptor reverts to the default address.

I can't say if it is anymore difficult setting this up in Australia than anywhere else in the world. From the small group of people that I know that have tried this they have had success using rooted android phones and wifi cards in their computers. On the other hand USB wi-fi dongles seem to have a zero success rate so far.

Huh. Well that's mildly frustrating. I've been getting the same 6 people for the past two days. I wonder why that is? And as for dud addresses, pretty much 90% of the MACs that cycle through after the 16 "prime" MACs have shown as "Unidentified Network" and are unable to connect through my router.

Good to know on the Australia bit. I'll relay that to my friend.

Why would it be different setting it up in Australia than anywhere else? It is the same everywhere. Just buy a compatible router and it is done within 5 minutes. I would especially recommend to use a router when putting it up as a public relay point.

I just know that the actual Relay Station service hasn't been rolled out for Australia yet - according to the aforementioned friend. Didn't know if that had any bearing on it or not is all.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you cycling through the mac addresses around the same time each day? If so try a different time to see if you get different streetpass hits. All the mac addresses from the Prime and Extended list work for me, while the list of personal mac addresses tend to be hit and miss.

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you cycling through the mac addresses around the same time each day? If so try a different time to see if you get different streetpass hits. All the mac addresses from the Prime and Extended list work for me, while the list of personal mac addresses tend to be hit and miss.
His problem (and mine as well) is that our MAC on the virtual hotspot is off by the first digit. That means we end up in a much smaller group than everyone else because we can only pass people who are shifted to the same set of addresses as us.

I have looked into the first octet of MAC addresses and apparently it is a set of flags. Perhaps changing some of the on/off settings would change the MAC address to be correct. Could somebody who uses the hostednetwork check the settings of their wireless and mini port adapter and let us know what the on/off, yes/no, or true/false settings are?

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
I run my homepass setup using the onboard wireless adaptor on a Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard. The internet is connected via an ethernet cable which is then shared to the virtual wireless adaptor. I haven't changed any of the properties for the wireless connection.

I use my own batch scripts to setup the virtual network, change mac addresses and start/stop the virtual network.

Sakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry (again) to ask a newbie question...What effect does changing the mac address have on internet connection? I would like to try with Raspberry pi, but as I've not really done much tech stuff before I want to make sure my internet connection will not be interupted. Would using a BT homehub 3 be an option for use with the Rasp Pi or would I have to get another router? And if I got another router, could I just get one with dd-wrt and not bother with the Raspberry Pi? Like I said, not really that techy, but wanting to give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: