Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Try this commands

nzone.vbs stop
netsh wlan set hosted network allow NZ@McD1 nintendozone
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

And reconfigure 3ds connection, it must pass the ap test. If not, try with all manually set authentication modes in 3ds settings. If still nothing, the most probably 3ds just can't obtain an IP address from windows, check for the disabled services or firewall.

Unfortunately none of the authentication modes passed the access point test. WEP, in particular wouldn't let me use nintendozone was the password. Deactivating the windows firewall didn't help either.
I guess the wifi usb adapter I'm using isn't compatible with the script.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Unfortunately none of the authentication modes passed the access point test. WEP, in particular wouldn't let me use nintendozone was the password. Deactivating the windows firewall didn't help either.
I guess the wifi usb adapter I'm using isn't compatible with the script.

The problem is with authentication, script or usb adapter have no business with it, it is on a windows side.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
NZ@McD1 is working fine with WPA2 so I'll just use that. I don't trust MAC filters.
Anyway, thanks for all your help. I've got everything working the way I want it again.
With NZ@McD1 you can use BASExx, GBATEMP and also a German list, the rest might be useless with WPA enabled

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Installing system updates on a server, nintendozone.no-ip.org may be inaccessible for several time... Server is up, all is OK

superdbop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Hello! Long time homepasser, first time gbatemper)

I'm curious as to why we're using NZ@McD1 instead of something like NintendoSpotPass1 for the SSID. Both allow secured networks, but NintendoSpotPass1 doesn't seem to block the eShop or the web browser (it's an EU NintendoZone, but still loads the correct region here in the US.) Is there something in place to block homepass on certain NintendoZones?

I apologize if it has been already been mentioned. Thanks.

Reactions: KaleoOmega

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
(Hello! Long time homepasser, first time gbatemper)

I'm curious as to why we're using NZ@McD1 instead of something like NintendoSpotPass1 for the SSID. Both allow secured networks, but NintendoSpotPass1 doesn't seem to block the eShop or the web browser (it's an EU NintendoZone, but still loads the correct region here in the US.) Is there something in place to block homepass on certain NintendoZones?

I apologize if it has been already been mentioned. Thanks.
The main reason is that it is working as a streetpass relay with password protected AP while Windows users can only do a password protected APs

fatcatfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does SSID impact who you tag with? I've seen some indication that it does, based on the comments in the spreadsheet about APs at the Nintendo World store in NYC. For example on the GBATEMP prime MACs, is there any reason to alternate between using NZ@McD1 and attwifi for the SSID? (assuming I don't have security enabled when using attwifi) And if so, does the 8-hour cooldown apply only to MAC, or the MAC/SSID combo?

I'm trying to work up my own solution to integrate into OpenWrt, and I'm wondering if I should use both SSIDs when running open wifi.

openwrt-homepass.png

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Does SSID impact who you tag with? I've seen some indication that it does, based on the comments in the spreadsheet about APs at the Nintendo World store in NYC. For example on the GBATEMP prime MACs, is there any reason to alternate between using NZ@McD1 and attwifi for the SSID? (assuming I don't have security enabled when using attwifi) And if so, does the 8-hour cooldown apply only to MAC, or the MAC/SSID combo?
I'm trying to work up my own solution to integrate into OpenWrt, and I'm wondering if I should use both SSIDs when running open wifi.
View attachment 11895

attwifi SSID distributes streetpasses received only with the same MAC & SSID, except of the homepass weekends.
NZ@MCD1 SSID distributes streetpasses from any MAC address.
8 hours cooldown applies to the MAC, so allowing user to change cooldown and mac change delays is really a bad idea if you do not want users to spam their streetpass data to the public MACs.
Just help me to adopt my script for OpenWRT to unify router support.
I need the following info:
Code:
cat /proc/version
cat /proc/cpuinfo
nvram show
crontab -l
and a reference for manipulating a persistent storage on OpenWRT devices.
Your GUI may be integrated with the unified installer for OpenWRT as well.

panther_512

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hello to everyone.

I have a DD-WRT router and a European 3DS XL. Many months ago I did the router thing to fake a nintendo relay station.

More specifically, I renamed the SSID to "attwifi" and cloned the WLAN MAC address to the general one (4E:53:50:4F:4F:46). Also the connection is password protected (WPA2). I wasn't interested in cycling Mac addresses. Just a few streetpass hits every now and then.

Until the last system updates, the whole thing worked like a dream. But now, the 3DS doesn't recognize as a nintendo Zone the Wi-Fi connection and I don't have streetpass hits. It behaves just like a normal Wi-Fi connection.

UPDATE: From what I read here, I should rename the SSID to NZ@McD1. I'll try that as soon as I return home.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello to everyone.
Until the last system updates, the whole thing worked like a dream. But now, the 3DS doesn't recognize as a nintendo Zone the Wi-Fi connection and I don't have streetpass hits. It behaves just like a normal Wi-Fi connection.

You have two options:
1. Disable WPA security (and add a MAC filter)
2. Change SSID to NZ@McD1 (you won't be able to use nintendo eShop and 3DS Browser), also you can restore your MAC
You can also try SSID NintendoSpotPass1

panther_512

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
You have two options:
1. Disable WPA security (and add a MAC filter)
2. Change SSID to NZ@McD1 (you won't be able to use nintendo eShop and 3DS Browser), also you can restore your MAC
You can also try SSID NintendoSpotPass1

So I can't have the whole package as before ( security+Nintendo relay Station+eshop etc)......

fatcatfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8 hours cooldown applies to the MAC, so allowing user to change cooldown and mac change delays is really a bad idea if you do not want users to spam their streetpass data to the public MACs.
Probably don't want to change the cooldown, but I would like a way to control the minimum cycle time, rather than just (8hrs) / (#MACS to cycle). If I'm cycling a lot of MACs, I don't want wifi restarting every 30 seconds.
Just help me to adopt my script for OpenWRT to unify router support.
I need the following info:
Code:
cat /proc/version
cat /proc/cpuinfo
nvram show
crontab -l
and a reference for manipulating a persistent storage on OpenWRT devices.
Your GUI may be integrated with the unified installer for OpenWRT as well.

I'll get you that additional info when next I'm at home. I'm still figuring it out myself, but with the version of OpenWrt I'm using, changing mac/ssid is like so:
Code:
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[${iface}].macaddr="${mac}"
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[${iface}].ssid="${ssid}"
uci commit wireless
wifi
The OpenWrt filesystem uses an overlay, so new files you create anywhere persist through a reboot. I've been looking at this post for reference in what I've been trying to do.

Not at all routers supported by OpenWrt employ the nvram utility. My older broadcom ASUS used it, but the newer atheros TP-LINK does not. Regardless, the mac/ssid can be configured with uci on both, so nvram probably isn't needed. You could detect encryption with
Code:
uci show wireless.@wifi-iface[${iface}].encryption
The web UI is coded with Lua. The "easy" way is to use the luci APIs to modify config files of a predetermined format. Either your script would need to interpret these config files (possibly using "uci show" commands), or the web UI would need to be coded to output configuration more amenable to your script.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Probably don't want to change the cooldown, but I would like a way to control the minimum cycle time, rather than just (8hrs) / (#MACS to cycle). If I'm cycling a lot of MACs, I don't want wifi restarting every 30 seconds.

I'll get you that additional info when next I'm at home. I'm still figuring it out myself, but with the version of OpenWrt I'm using, changing mac/ssid is like so:
Code:
uci commit wireless
wifi
The OpenWrt filesystem uses an overlay, so new files you create anywhere persist through a reboot. I've been looking at this post for reference in what I've been trying to do.

Not at all routers supported by OpenWrt employ the nvram utility. My older broadcom ASUS used it, but the newer atheros TP-LINK does not. Regardless, the mac/ssid can be configured with uci on both, so nvram probably isn't needed. You could detect encryption with
Code:
The web UI is coded with Lua. The "easy" way is to use the luci APIs to modify config files of a predetermined format. Either your script would need to interpret these config files (possibly using "uci show" commands), or the web UI would need to be coded to output configuration more amenable to your script.

What method are you using for the delay? In my script cron is used, so you always can set to run it less often than every minute, so even if you have a set of MACs for 480 minutes, in that case MAC change occurs less often. It will be great if we collaborate and you utilize the full nzone script interface with your GUI. However this is only possible if OpenWRT have a cron and can set wireless MAC on the fly but not only on boot.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Code:
uci commit wireless
wifi

Code:

I use my OpenWRT router with this script and works perfectly fine!

Code:
*/9 * * * * uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[4].macaddr='4E:53:50:4f:4f:'`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && uci commit && wifi
This changes the MAC every 9 minutes, if you want it to be 20, change the 9 into 20. My relay wifi SSID is the 5th SSID I have in my config file, that is why the wifi-iface[4] has the 4, so change that to the right SSID you use your relay point with (first is 0, hence the 5th SSID is 4).

fatcatfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What method are you using for the delay? In my script cron is used, so you always can set to run it less often than every minute, so even if you have a set of MACs for 480 minutes, in that case MAC change occurs less often. It will be great if we collaborate and you utilize the full nzone script interface with your GUI. However this is only possible if OpenWRT have a cron and can set wireless MAC on the fly but not only on boot.
Yes, OpenWrt has cron (can even edit crontab in the webui) and can change mac/ssid at any time, not only boot. I haven't implemented anything functional yet, only the UI.
BARRIER BREAKER (14.07, r42625)
root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.10.49 (bb@builder1) (gcc version 4.8.3 (OpenWrt/Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.04 r42625) ) #3 Wed Oct 1 14:00:51 CEST 2014

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9558 rev 0
machine: TP-LINK Archer C7
processor: 0
cpu model: MIPS 74Kc V5.0
BogoMIPS: 358.80
wait instruction: yes
microsecond timers: yes
tlb_entries: 32
extra interrupt vector: yes
hardware watchpoint: yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0000, 0x0ff8, 0x0ff8, 0x0ff8]
isa: mips1 mips2 mips32r1 mips32r2
ASEs implemented: mips16 dsp dsp2
shadow register sets: 1
kscratch registers: 0
core: 0
VCED exceptions: not available
VCEI exceptions: not available
root@OpenWrt:~# crontab -l
crontab: can't open 'root': No such file or directory

root@OpenWrt:~# nvram show
-ash: nvram: not found

I'd very much like to use your script rather than reproduce the function myself. Since I don't have your script running on any device, I'm not certain the best way to make the webUI interact with it. I'd planned to download mac lists from http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/? then implement my own script for cycling.

To use your script with the OpenWrt webui, I think I could alter crontab and generate nzone.mac file in /tmp? But it appears nzone regenerates the mac list after cycling through all of them? That would overwrite any extra macs added by the webui?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, OpenWrt has cron (can even edit crontab in the webui) and can change mac/ssid at any time, not only boot. I haven't implemented anything functional yet, only the UI.

I'd very much like to use your script rather than reproduce the function myself. Since I don't have your script running on any device, I'm not certain the best way to make the webUI interact with it. I'd planned to download mac lists from http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/? then implement my own script for cycling.

To use your script with the OpenWrt webui, I think I could alter crontab and generate nzone.mac file in /tmp? But it appears nzone regenerates the mac list after cycling through all of them? That would overwrite any extra macs added by the webui?

Lets go to PM it will be a huge text :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol