OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Chouzan said:
BIG MOE said:
Chouzan said:
I seem to be having problems at just about every step of this installation, so I hope I haven't broken anything...
The Zelda hack/HBC install went fine, then, when attempting to run Wad Manager 1.3, all I got was a black screen. I tried it a few times, then tried letting it sit for about 10 minutes. I looked around and found another version of Wad Manager 1.3 that worked.

Using that version of 1.3, I installed the first wad pack fine. Then, I had error -1305 installing the fix. I attempted to use AnyTitleDeleter, and had an error ("Ticket delete failed (No ticket?) -102 -Deleting title file /blah blah blah.... Error ! ISFS_Delete(ret =-102)"). I decided to try cIOS unstallers, and both of them just black screen as the original Wad Manager 1.3 did... My wii firmware is 3.4U, if that matters, and I'm fairly stuck.
ok first of all when using WMv1.3 you should install IOS16 not a Wad Pack ???? and after that to install cIOS_Fix you chould use CustomWadManager referred to it as CWM and it should install the cIOS_Fix , to have no errors please read the instructions thoroughly so you will not have problems to blame it on the installer , and I hope you haven't broken anything as you wished
wink.gif
, so try CWM and install cIOS_Fix and post the results back please
wink.gif

Sorry if I was unclear, I was trying to run cIOS fix in the CWM when I got the -1035 error. I just tried it again and get the same error: >> Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1035).

It was in attempts to fix this error that I'd tried AnyTitleDeleter/cIOS Uninstallers (v1.1 & 1.0).
that's ok buddy , just try it a few times each and alternate in between it till one of it work , this is a Wii bug in 3.4 system menu and still no solid way to fix it but trying this method , and the problem it only applies on a few Wii systems that we encountered so far and unfortunately yours is one of those systems
wink.gif

Chouzan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
Chouzan said:
BIG MOE said:
Chouzan said:
I seem to be having problems at just about every step of this installation, so I hope I haven't broken anything...
The Zelda hack/HBC install went fine, then, when attempting to run Wad Manager 1.3, all I got was a black screen. I tried it a few times, then tried letting it sit for about 10 minutes. I looked around and found another version of Wad Manager 1.3 that worked.

Using that version of 1.3, I installed the first wad pack fine. Then, I had error -1305 installing the fix. I attempted to use AnyTitleDeleter, and had an error ("Ticket delete failed (No ticket?) -102 -Deleting title file /blah blah blah.... Error ! ISFS_Delete(ret =-102)"). I decided to try cIOS unstallers, and both of them just black screen as the original Wad Manager 1.3 did... My wii firmware is 3.4U, if that matters, and I'm fairly stuck.
ok first of all when using WMv1.3 you should install IOS16 not a Wad Pack ???? and after that to install cIOS_Fix you chould use CustomWadManager referred to it as CWM and it should install the cIOS_Fix , to have no errors please read the instructions thoroughly so you will not have problems to blame it on the installer , and I hope you haven't broken anything as you wished
wink.gif
wink.gif

Sorry if I was unclear, I was trying to run cIOS fix in the CWM when I got the -1035 error. I just tried it again and get the same error: >> Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1035).

It was in attempts to fix this error that I'd tried AnyTitleDeleter/cIOS Uninstallers (v1.1 & 1.0).
that's ok buddy , just try it a few times each and alternate in between it till one of it work , this is a Wii bug in 3.4 system menu and still no solid way to fix it but trying this method , and the problem it only applies on a few Wii systems that we encountered so far and unfortunately yours is one of those systems
wink.gif

Trying alternating between which? the delete/uninstallers, or between CWN and something else?

Also, would formatting my Wii at this point give me a clear shot at an install, or would the custom IOSes stick around?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Chouzan said:
BIG MOE said:
Chouzan said:
BIG MOE said:
Chouzan said:

wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

Trying alternating between which? the delete/uninstallers, or between CWN and something else?

Also, would formatting my Wii at this point give me a clear shot at an install, or would the custom IOSes stick around?
alternate between all choices , and formatting is a good option
wink.gif

KillerFrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a brand new wii, with v4.0e (Europe), how do i downgrate to v3.2e, and where to find the software/right version.!

No matter what i put on my SD cart, the boxes i wii/config is empty.!

thanks for the PM Big Moe

gonzoPHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KillerFrog said:
I have a brand new wii, with v4.0e (Europe), how do i downgrate to v3.2e, and where to find the software/right version.!

No matter what i put on my SD cart, the boxes i wii/config is empty.!

thanks for the PM Big Moe

You can't (yet) as 4.0 won't allow installation of HBC via TPH. Therefore, you can't presently downgrade a 4.0 without having a cIOS previously installed. See what the big dogs have to say in this thread for more info.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143085&st=0

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ok here is some info ( and my advice is don't update yet - DON'T UPDATE - to 4.0 ) some tests I've tried so far shows a various results on 4 Wiis I have here , upgrading from a hack free system to 4.0 will block all abilities for homebrew and backup loading since TPH and HBC are not installing
frown.gif
, however updating from 3.2 or 3.3v2 with softmods gave various results as I said , TPH is gone but HBC still there !! WadManagerv1.3 and USB2.0 still running including Softchip and Gamma channels even playing backups from DC no problem ,however IOSDowngrader worked on one but not the other though cIOSDowngrader worked on both back to 3.2 so further tests I'm doing now and I'll keep you updated , peace
wink.gif

tpyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a bit of a hard time with the Wiishop Channel.I searched this thread and couldn't find anyone who had the same thing happen to them, so unfortunately I'm going to have to bother you with this BigMoe....
I loaded the IOS51 and the WiiShop Installer and everything seemed to go fine. But when I clicked on the WiiShop Channel, it would tell me to go into system settings and upgrade. So I went through the two installation procedures again and now when I click on the WiiShop Channel it brings me back to the Wii menu...

I installed the Installer V3 and everything else is working great....just this one little glitch...

Any ideas?

crystalklear64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same issue as you tpyke.

Click Shop Channel, transitions to the black and grey "tv" loading screen, then straight back to the Wii Menu.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
you welcome buddy , and for the WiiShop channel there is another update after SM4.0 so this will be resolved in v4 coming to release soon , sorry been very busy between work and all the testing on the new great releases for the past week
wink.gif

mutter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Mole, I have a wii on 3.2u can I follow your instructions and do I need to contact you for the download?

mutter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Mole, I have a wii on 3.2u can I follow your instructions and do I need to contact you for the download?

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mutter said:
Big Mole??? LMAO That's a new one!
Sorry mutter I couldn't help myself! It's Big MOE he he and yes you can can use it with a 3.2u Just send him a pm and he'll get it to you but I'm not sure if I would call him Big MOLE when you ask for it! LOL

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way Big Moe, are you close to getting all those kinks worked out? I'm anxious to see all of the new stuff!!
yay.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
MamaTJ said:
By the way Big Moe, are you close to getting all those kinks worked out? I'm anxious to see all of the new stuff!!
yay.gif
with all the serious work and matters I'm dealing with here , this page made me smile
wink.gif
hahahaha , BIG MOLE as a shopping center or BIG MOLE as on a face or something you have to be specific hahahaha , and I'm glad that it made you laugh MamaTJ
wink.gif
, and between stuck with work and trying to sort things out with testing many new addons and modifications and repack all together it's taking more time than I thought so maybe a couple of weeks I hope , but like usual I'll send you the first copy to try and give the feed back
wink.gif
, and by the way ( * **** *** ) my dear
wink.gif
talk to you soon
wink.gif

viperlogic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you Big Moe for the v3 installer. Just after going through the whole install and it went perfect. The only step that was different was when you install the IOS51, there was no options, rather than yes, yes, no as per your guide!!

morpheus9394

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Excellent guide and excellent advice.
I have read the whole thread so far and I could do with some advice before I carry on.
My Wii is a PAL machine with 3.4E firmware.

I previously followed Wii Softmodding for Dummies v2.2:

I installed the Zelda Hack and Homebrew channel, used WAD Manager 1.3 to install IOS16.WAD and then restarted Wii
Used Wad Manager for IOS16 to install CIOS_249.WAD and the Backchannel.WAD
Reset Wii and this time used Wad Manager 1.3 again to install Geckos OS with 002 Fix.WAD, IOS38-64-v3609.wad, IOS53-64-v4113.wad and IOS55-64-v4633.wad and reset the Wii again.

I use GeckOS to launch to PAL backups works fine and gives me no problems but it sounds like downgrading to 3.2E and installing starfall is a good idea, especially as I have as done the above for a couple of my non-techie friends and I am afraid they might brick they machine.

I think all I need to do is run the CIOS Downgrader to get to 3.2E and then install Starfall but can someone confirm that is that case before I continue.
Do I still need to install the IOS downgrader or I can I do straight to the CISO Downgrader?
Once I downgrade to 3.2E will I need to reinstall my existing WADs, like the Geckos or my VC games?

Sorry if the above are silly questions. I only got into the Wii homebrew scene two weeks ago so I am playing catch up really. I don't mind taking risks with my own Wii but I want to be sure before I do anything on my friends machines.
Thanks in advance.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
viperlogic said:
Thank you Big Moe for the v3 installer. Just after going through the whole install and it went perfect. The only step that was different was when you install the IOS51, there was no options, rather than yes, yes, no as per your guide!!
this option was fixed and the installer does that for you
wink.gif

viperlogic said:
as above ive used your v3 installer. im looking now to install the usb loader v1.1 and the tutorial http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144349 says to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad. Will this mess up the v3 installation in anyway? still new to this!
you mean installing cIOS36_rev9 from IOS36-64-v1042.wad , if that is the case it's alright
wink.gif

QUOTE(morpheus9394 @ Apr 8 2009, 10:08 AM)
Hi,
I have read the whole thread so far and I could do with some advice before I carry on.

I installed the Zelda Hack and Homebrew channel, used WAD Manager 1.3 to install IOS16.WAD and then restarted Wii
Reset Wii and this time used Wad Manager 1.3 again to install Geckos OS with 002 Fix.WAD, IOS38-64-v3609.wad, IOS53-64-v4113.wad and IOS55-64-v4633.wad and reset the Wii again.

I use GeckOS to launch to PAL backups works fine and gives me no problems but it sounds like downgrading to 3.2E and installing starfall is a good idea, especially as I have as done the above for a couple of my non-techie friends and I am afraid they might brick they machine.

I think all I need to do is run the CIOS Downgrader to get to 3.2E and then install Starfall but can someone confirm that is that case before I continue.
Do I still need to install the IOS downgrader or I can I do straight to the CISO Downgrader?
Once I downgrade to 3.2E will I need to reinstall my existing WADs, like the Geckos or my VC games?

Sorry if the above are silly questions. I only got into the Wii homebrew scene two weeks ago so I am playing catch up really. I don't mind taking risks with my own Wii but I want to be sure before I do anything on my friends machines.
Thanks in advance.
you did a great job buddy , just run IOSDowngrader first then cIOSDowngrader after and install Starfall after all , best of the best , good luck
wink.gif

morpheus9394

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
viperlogic said:
this option was fixed and the installer does that for you
wink.gif

viperlogic said:
as above ive used your v3 installer. im looking now to install the usb loader v1.1 and the tutorial http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144349 says to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad. Will this mess up the v3 installation in anyway? still new to this!
you mean installing cIOS36_rev9 from IOS36-64-v1042.wad , if that is the case it's alright
wink.gif

QUOTE(morpheus9394 @ Apr 8 2009, 10:08 AM)
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
you did a great job buddy , just run IOSDowngrader first then cIOSDowngrader after and install Starfall after all , best of the best , good luck
wink.gif

I will try that tonight on my Wii and test it for a few days before doing it on my friends machine. Keep up the excellent work. Thanks Big Moe :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol