Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dannyboy_676 said:
Hi there,

I used the "Wii Softmodding for Dummies" tutorial with the included files. My Wii is version 3.3E.

I have installed it correctly, but now a couple of questions:

1. The Twilight hack is still on the system drive. Do I have to remove this or not? Can I remove it?

2. Do I always have to use the SD-card in the Wii?? When I take the sd out, I cant seem to start homebrew etc...

3. Started back-up launcher and pressed 1 and hold it. I get a screen about launching the game, configuration etc...
But the game doesnt start, not even if I choose for loading the game.

4. If I have to use an SD -card, which files on the card I used for hacking, can I delete?

Whats it with those "ios" and "cios" stuff?? How can I see, which version I have?
I cant play games and am wondering why??

PS I have used TDK dvd+r.
Regards,
DC

1. Keep it. You can remove if you want, but you will need it to recover from some semi-bricks.

2. If the files are on the SD card, yes. If they are a channel, no.

3. No idea.

4. Don't delete the .wads, you will need those files to uninstall them. When you uninstall, you can delete.

machine514

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Big Moe. Installation went smooth, but I am having problems with a backup that I have. It is giving me the following error.

'dvd read error 324'

I see that it was suggested to installed 'cIOS36 rev7'. I did this, but how do I know that it was done properly? The Launcher still shows the old ISO number. Is it supposed to update?

Tomorrow I am going to go get some Verbatim DVDs. I believe that my cheap DVD-R's are not being read on my Wii.

-Machine

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That DVD dumper program made by Waninkoko(is that how you spell it?) says it needs a custom IOS or something. Is this the same one that is installed in your guide?

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well at last it worked.
I used a dvd (dvd-r) from a friend with a backed up game and the backup launcher started.

I can see now it's 0.3 gamma. IOS249.

But still it looks different then it looks with my friends Wii. He also has 0.3 gamma but the interface on tv looks different. How come?

The second difference is that I have Homebrew Channel on my dashboard (wii menu with the rest of the channels) and his HBC can be seen just after he starts Backup launcher. Its behind the backup launcher. How come?

When I want to uninstall the HBC (not the Backup Launcher), what do I need to do?

Regards,
DC

MrVince13

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Very nice, i would try.. but i'm a noob
smile.gif

machine514

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrVince13 said:
Very nice, i would try.. but i'm a noob :)

Me too, but I took my time to read the information and understand it before I did it (about 2 weeks!). Big Moe's version 3 is laid out pretty darn well.

-Machine

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machine514 said:
MrVince13 said:
Very nice, i would try.. but i'm a noob
smile.gif

Me too, but I took my time to read the information and understand it before I did it (about 2 weeks!). Big Moe's version 3 is laid out pretty darn well.

-Machine
We were all noobs the first time we did it
wink.gif

As Machine said, read, read and read! I think I read this whole thread about 3 times before I had the courage to try. Take your time, read each step in the tutorial carefully, do it as described and voila! If you have any questions the pro's here are very helpful
smile.gif

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used the "Wii Softmodding for Dummies V2 - All in one" tutorial and the files included.
So Im not sure whether the difference with the modded Wii of my friend is due to using "Big Moe's version".
He had it modded by someone and I dont know how they did it.

Can someone enlighten me on that?

Regards,
DC

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dannyboy_676 said:
Well at last it worked.
I used a dvd (dvd-r) from a friend with a backed up game and the backup launcher started.

I can see now it's 0.3 gamma. IOS249.

But still it looks different then it looks with my friends Wii. He also has 0.3 gamma but the interface on tv looks different. How come?

The second difference is that I have Homebrew Channel on my dashboard (wii menu with the rest of the channels) and his HBC can be seen just after he starts Backup launcher. Its behind the backup launcher. How come?

When I want to uninstall the HBC (not the Backup Launcher), what do I need to do?

Regards,
DC
If you used Big Moes ver3 your loader will look different because he added his own custom graphics. (Awesome job btw Big Moe!)
I'm not sure why your's friends HBC only shows up through the backup launcher, but I believe most of the time it shows up as a channel (on your dashboard).
Not sure about uninstalling HBC

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um. I have a problem. I downloaded the installer (v3) and all I got was "unconfirmed 20814.download"
Later on, it turned into "How To Hack Wii Consoles For Dummies By Big Moe's Installer v3". I tried running it but I got an error saying "(name) is not a valid Win32 application" so I re-downloaded it since I was supposed to get a RAR to extract which comes w/ the twilight hack and all that stuff, but then I got the "unconfirmed.download" thing again. Can yoou help? I tried both Mirror 1 and 4 just to check if it was one of the website's fault, but I got the same problem.

ctran

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndcx.net
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
~snip
*Prepair Wii Console For Downgrade:

(NOTE: this section only for 3.3 and 3.4 Consoles for lower versions go to next step)

1- Go to HBC and run (1-Wad Manager 1.3) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder , select
(IOS16-64-v257-prod) from list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
2- Go to HBC and run (2-Custom Wad Manager 16) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder ,
select (Cios_fix) from the list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
PS:if you get error = -1035 please follow these steps to solve it ( thanks to OLVAP337 for this infos )
- First run anytitle deleter and skip errors and if u see ios249 try deleting it is uncessfull (probably)
- try with cios_uninstaller v1.1 (also fail probably)
- then use cios_uninstaller v1.0 (sucess probably)
- then install ios 16 with wad manager and cios_fix with custom wad manager
- then continue steps
wink.gif

3- Go to HBC and Run (3-IOS Downgrader) and that will downgrade your IOSs to get advantage of
turcha bug .(if any errors accured run the downgrader again til no more errors)

------------------------------------------------------

when trying to install cIOS_fix.wad in the custom WADManagerIOS16 , i get
QUOTE>> Installing Ticket... ERROR! [ret = -2011 ]
how can i fix this?

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because there is a list of essential guides like these.

I have some questions.

1. To confirm, I only need http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119216 one time?

2. Can you please send me all the files required for the tutorial, for 3.3U and 3.4U (tell me if they're the same).

3. Will I need Wi-Fi connection throughout the process?

4. Will this allow me to play back-up games on my Nintendo Wii (can change region with regionfrii). After doing this tutorial, do I just insert the burned game and go to the default disc channel (the very first one)? Or do I have to go through some loaders (freeloader, Gecko OS, what the hell are these, explain it please). And can I play online with these games?

5. To make sure, I can still play original copies (such as Wii Sports and Super Smash Brothers Brawl).

6. What is the chance of me bricking it? Can it be unbricked some how ....

7. I have 3.3U right now, should I get 3.4U first and then do the tutorial?

8. My friend has 3.4U, to confirm, that should be fine.

Edit: Please send me all the files (for both 3.3U and 3.4U, if it's different).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson