Homebrew How to get timestamps from wii saves?

slickochet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not but I've been looking for a way to get the timestamps from wii save files for archival purposes. Most newer consoles keep a date and time in the save or at least in the files of the save but everything I've used to examine the Wii saves (official menu, savemanager gx, etc) does not show any kind of timestamp.

Browsing them in FTP just gives them all a default date of 1970 and downloading them would create new timestamps anyway as they would be copies of the originals.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas about this?

Thanks in advance

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not but I've been looking for a way to get the timestamps from wii save files for archival purposes. Most newer consoles keep a date and time in the save or at least in the files of the save but everything I've used to examine the Wii saves (official menu, savemanager gx, etc) does not show any kind of timestamp.

Browsing them in FTP just gives them all a default date of 1970 and downloading them would create new timestamps anyway as they would be copies of the originals.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas about this?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I don't know for Wii games but on the Wii-U, it is writen in meta/saveinfo.xml
This file give the "last played date" as a timestamp defined in Hexdécimal based on the J2000 epoch for all accounts that have played the game.

To convert the timestamp in date :
  • convert value from HEX to DECimal value
  • convert DECimal timestamp value to date
Have a look at this page : https://www.dcode.fr/timestamp-converter

Maybe on Wii games, there is something similar.

Last edited by Laf111,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it...