Hacking How to get palettes to work automatically for GB games on EZ Flash Omega?

trickytree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Playing an original GB game on a GBC or GBA gives you games in limited 'color' rather than the grayscale on an original GB. Using an EZ Flash Omega on a GBA, this doesn't happen automatically - GB games are monochrome only. I see there's an option in the emulator (under 'display') to choose the palette, but is there not a way to mimic the original behavior and automatically have the game 'colorized' on boot? Similarly, can we do the same with games that have SGB borders?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing an original GB game on a GBC or GBA gives you games in limited 'color' rather than the grayscale on an original GB. Using an EZ Flash Omega on a GBA, this doesn't happen automatically - GB games are monochrome only. I see there's an option in the emulator (under 'display') to choose the palette, but is there not a way to mimic the original behavior and automatically have the game 'colorized' on boot? Similarly, can we do the same with games that have SGB borders?
No because it's an EMULATOR

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure there are emulators that use the GBC bios to replicate that functionality, but goomba isn't one of them. Maybe someone will add it one day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1