Homebrew How to get all 3 starter pokemon using PHBank?

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to get all 3 starters in Pokemon Omega Ruby by doing the following:

- saved my game before I can choose a pokemon
- backuped my savegame with save data manager
- chose a pokemon, and catched some more that I can but some pokemon to the boxes
- saved my game again
- used phbank to put all my pokemon to the bank
- imported my savegame with save data manager

After that, I couldnt continue my save. :/
It said something like: Your current save does not match the save when you saved last time. (It was a german message, so I dont know the original english version of that message).

And I cannot proceed.

What did I wrong? Is there a better way to get all 3 starters, without using pkhex?
I am not sure about pkhex, because I will have cheated Pokemon in my save then. :/

gatao30cm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if you can use the PHBank that way. If you don't figure anything out, you can use the save manager that comes with the homebrew menu (Or JKSV if you have emunand) to backup your save (with at least one of your pokemons) and export it to your computer, where you can use PKHex to edit the pokemon you want into the game. Or you can even do the easy way and download PCHex ++ on your 3DS and edit the pokemons on the go.

Reactions: Puddies

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save manager doesn't delete the secure data value most of the time (It did before 11.0). You can use any other save manager to do it. I use SVDT/SaveDataFiler which both delete the secure data value.

Reactions: Puddies

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you all for your answers.

I am very new to this scene. I didn't know Savedatafiller or svdt. I will try them.

CoolFangs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PHBank doesn't work that way. It's primarily only useful for easily transfering your Pokemon to different games. If you want to actually import and edit them, what you're looking for is PCHex++.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PHBank doesn't work that way. It's primarily only useful for easily transfering your Pokemon to different games. If you want to actually import and edit them, what you're looking for is PCHex++.
He just wants to store them somewhere while he either A) Restarts the game to get the other two or B) Saves before he chooses and inject that save twice.
I don't think he's trying to edit them....

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You
You actually can use PHBank to get all three starter Pokémon... It's quite easily actually...

(Optionally back-up your save game...)

erase the save data, start, catch a Pokémon, copy the starter to the bank, repeat for all three...

Then after that you can restore your save and import the Pokémon from the bank

You can also very easily clone Pokémon using PHBank and a save manager...

Last edited by DanTheMan827,
Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night