Hacking How to get a USB loader to work with games.

keevonnn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I modded my wii from the sticky above. Now all that I'm wondering is how to get a USB loader to work with the games that I download. Help me with this issue please. thanks.

Thunder7102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, first you need to partition your USB as a WBFS. If you do not do that, it will not work. Then, google WBFS manager and download and install (hopefully, you are on a Windows machine). When you have your game, simply find it in the WBFS manager and click add to drive. It will add it and you can plug the USB into your Wii (port 1, not the other one) and boot from WiiFlow or USB Loader.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think you can partition the drive with the WBFS manager
You'll have to use other software to do that (like easus partition manager). You can use the WBFS manager to format a partition though.

That said, you can also use a FAT32 or NTFS drive, so you don't even need to partition anything if you choose one of those.

Thunder7102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at Windows system options, if you go to the device managers, there should be a way to partition your HDD to part of it being WBFS. And I am an old user, I was unaware of the new NTFS compatibility.

I don't remember the exact details if they compatibility doesn't work and I apologize for that. I would suggest how to change partitions in google. I think Windows 7 has a tool that allows you to partitions things as WBFS...why Microsoft would need that format, who knows, but I found it quite helpful a year or two ago.
wink.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Thunder7102 said:
If you look at Windows system options, if you go to the device managers, there should be a way to partition your HDD to part of it being WBFS. And I am an old user, I was unaware of the new NTFS compatibility.

I don't remember the exact details if they compatibility doesn't work and I apologize for that. I would suggest how to change partitions in google. I think Windows 7 has a tool that allows you to partitions things as WBFS...why Microsoft would need that format, who knows, but I found it quite helpful a year or two ago.
wink.gif

does it since when?, WBFS is a specific Wii backup format, you may have used an app that can manage a WBFS partition as there are plenty floating a round and have been for awhile now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh